Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Lakers had a -2.32 SRS without Phil Jackson in 05, + 2.53 SRS with Phil Jackson in 06

Lakers had a -2.32 SRS without Phil Jackson in 2005 and +2.53 SRS with Phil Jackson in 2006.

That's a 4.85 difference in SRS and basically had the same roster. Kobe was having a meltdown in 2005 without Papa Phil. Missed his yoga sessions and smoking pot I guess?

How spoiled were Jordan/Kobe to be coached by Phil? Zero finals appearances without him. Phil Jackson even makes Greg Pop look like an idiot and was 18-8 in playoffs against him.

Imagine Kawhi coached by Phil Jackson, I would feel sorry for the rest of league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers had a -2.32 SRS without Phil Jackson in 05, + 2.53 SRS with Phil Jackson i

How many rings for Phil without MJ or his clone?

The triangle put role players in optimal spots, but still needs a bailout on 20% of possessions or more..

that's why no one ever heard of the offense until goat bailout artists proved that be the key that unlocked it's goatness.. indeed, Phil has zero rings without the goat bailout artist (MJ or his clone, aka mamba)

Default Re: Lakers had a -2.32 SRS without Phil Jackson in 05, + 2.53 SRS with Phil Jackson i

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post

The triangle put role players in optimal spots, but still needs a bailout on 20% of possessions or more..

that's why no one ever heard of the offense until goat bailout artists proved that be the key that unlocked it's goatness.. indeed, Phil has zero rings without the goat bailout artist (MJ or his clone, aka mamba)
    How many rings for MJ or his clone without Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Phil was a 1st time, nobody coach in 91', and MJ was the goat candidate.. so MJ made phil

Phil just happened to have an offense that was great IF it had a goat bailout artist

Enter Jordan (goat bailout artist)... Then Kobe (2nd goat bailout artist).. and you have 11 rings... Now enter Carmelo (37th goat bailout artist) and zero rings

Sadly....zero, zilch, nada, null, nil, 0, etc.

Kobe wasn't doing much in 2000. 15PPG in finals hahahah you would kill Pippen for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Lol yeah right I destroyed the thread

They're using my language to respond, aka 'clone'

I hit them with it first, so you should be asking them to throw in the towel

And what's more likely - that MJ needed Phil and the triangle to win, or they needed him (goat bailout artist) to win - before you answer, consider that MJ was the goat candidate first, while Phil/triangle were 1st timer nobodies
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-17-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Kobe wasn't doing much in 2000. 15PPG in finals hahahah you would kill Pippen for that.
    If he doesn't save the Lakers in that OT, the series goes 7

Finals usually come down to a few possessions, unless one side is has major holes and is getting exploited, or faces an insurmountable talent deficit (bigger than the 11' Mavs vs 11' Heat)

I can't even imagine the material 3ball would have if LeBron had Kobe's career/resume He kills him about AD despite finishing 2nd in MVP voting and winning FMVP unanimously, I can't even fathom the shit he'd come up with about Shaq, his far inferior stats, significantly fewer awards etc.

Rick Adelman is another one. Turning Kevin love into Charles Barkley, multiple finals without a top 30 GOAT, took Kobe/gasol Lakers to 7 and his main scorer was Aaron brooks.

Its these damn systems they have. Princeton and triangle.

If he doesn't save the Lakers in that OT, the series goes 7

Finals usually come down to a few possessions, unless one side is has major holes and is getting exploited, or faces an insurmountable talent deficit (bigger than the 11' Mavs vs 11' Heat)
    They still won a finals series despite Kobe averaging 15PPG. Also won a finals game when Kobe didn't even play. Did Jordan ever win a finals game when Pippen didn't play?

And how come Jordan didn't want to play with a random coach in 1999? He could of easily won a lockout year ring with Kukoc as his sidekick according to you. Now do you see? Even Jordan thinks you're full of shit.

I can't even imagine the material 3ball would have if LeBron had Kobe's career/resume He kills him about AD despite finishing 2nd in MVP voting and winning FMVP unanimously, I can't even fathom the shit he'd come up with about Shaq, his far inferior stats, significantly fewer awards etc.
    Exactly. Phil is obviously a godlike coach, that's why Jordan retired despite being the best player in the NBA. He knew Phil was leaving. Jordan wasn't getting underpaid like Pippen or anything like that either. He simply found out Phil wasn't coming back and ran away.

They still won a finals series despite Kobe averaging 15PPG. Also won a finals game when Kobe didn't even play. Did Jordan ever win a finals game when Pippen didn't play?

And how come Jordan didn't want to play with a random coach in 1999? He could of easily won a lockout year ring with Kukoc as his sidekick according to you. Now do you see? Even Jordan thinks you're full of shit.
    Pippen averaged 15 on 34% in the 96' Finals and 15 on 41% in 98' Finals.. he also had 16 on 40% in 4 ECF and the 7-game war in 92' ECSF

And MJ retired because he didn't want to build another lottery team and carry them. Houston found out how impossible it is to win with pippen - they had pip at THIRD option (more stacked than the bulls ever were) but got destroyed in 1st round

Pippen averaged 15 on 34% in the 96' Finals and 15 on 41% in 98' Finals.. he also had 16 on 40% in 4 ECF and the 7-game war in 92' ECSF

And MJ retired because he didn't want to build another lottery team and carry them. Houston found out how impossible it is to win with pippen - they had pip at THIRD option (more stacked than the bulls ever were) but got destroyed in 1st round
    Kobe had a 9.7 GmSc in the 2000 finals and he missed an entire game. That's not exactly a co superstar.

I've heard you praise Kukoc over Pippen on plenty occasions. Now that Pippen is gone in 1999 and Kukoc is the 2nd star, you want to say its rebuilding?? What gives.

A lockout season and your toughest competition would of been the 8th seed Knicks. Even a finals performance and losing to spurs could of helped Jordan's legacy without Pippen. Instead, he choose to wait a few years to join the rebuilding wizards and bully Kwame Brown around? Lol he obviously had zero faith in winning with Kukoc as his co star, without Pippen/Phil.