Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LeBron/AD won their first year together, Kobe/Shaq needed 4 years to win 1

It was a scrimmage season.

relax libron fans.

Default Re: LeBron/AD won their first year together, Kobe/Shaq needed 4 years to win 1

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    And you aren't taking into account that Kobe was an all-star and had years of comradery with Shaq before they won. Lakers were a hodgepodge full of cast offs without any comradery of playing together.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    And you aren't taking into account that Kobe was an all-star and had years of comradery with Shaq before they won. Lakers were a hodgepodge full of cast offs without any comradery of playing together.
    And you aren't taking into account that Kobe was an all-star
    LeBron had no All-Star teammates in 2016 and he won. LeBron had 1 All-star teammate in Kevin Love and he lost. Why? I think you know the answer to this.

Allstar selections mean very little when evaluating teams.

Lakers were a hodgepodge full of cast offs without any comradery of playing together.
    So AD is a cast off? LeBron is a cast off? Danny Green? Absolutely not.

The 2020 Lakers were a very great team. That team had vets like Howard (not in his prime obviously), Rondo (sizable contributer), and Danny Green (good team defender and shooter when he is hot).

The Lakers also had KCP (a good shooter) and Caruso, a player with heart and hustle on D.

The Lakers traded for AD (a top 5 player right now) to help LeBron (a top 3 player of all-time) out for a potential championship (and it worked). It's not fair to boil that team to just cast offs.

They also got rid of Luke Walton (LOL) to get Frank Vogel, a defensive minded coach.
    Last edited by Turbo Slayer; 10-15-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    LeBron had no All-Star teammates in 2016 and he won. LeBron had 1 All-star teammate in Kevin Love and he lost. Why? I think you know the answer to this.

Allstar selections mean very little when evaluating teams.

So AD is a cast off? LeBron is a cast off? Danny Green? Absolutely not.

The 2020 Lakers were a very great team. That team had vets like Howard (not in his prime obviously), Rondo (sizable contributer), and Danny Green (good team defender and shooter when he is hot).

The Lakers also had KCP (a good shooter) and Caruso, a player with heart and hustle on D.

The Lakers signed AD (a top 5 player right now) in FA to help LeBron out for a potential championship (and it worked). It's not fair to boil that team to just cast offs.

They also got rid of Luke Walton (LOL) to get Frank Vogel, a defensive minded coach.
    Your post is riddled with so many lies and distortions that you think the Lakers signed AD in FA.

You don't have one idea wtf you're talking about

My bad I edited it.

Also you made no attempt to dispute my argument. So this discussion between you and me is over (so no more talking to you) until you come up with a sensible argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway View Post
    And we know Shaq >>> AD

So does that mean LeBron >>>>>>>>> Kobe?

So the AD/Lebron Lakers are >>>>>>(6*) early Shaq/Kobe Lakers. You're right. Awesome team. Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by leKING View Post
    Shaq and Kobe got swept by the Jazz in 98. Beaten by 35 points in the first game.
    8-1 in b2b years.

Lebron is that much better than Kobe.
    So the Jazz were 8 times better than the Kobe Lakers or 8/6 times better than the AD/Lebron Lakers. By transitive relation this means '98 MJ is twice as good as '20 Lebron. Thanks for the evidence.

Why can't I change the color of my font?

I wanted to put "AD>Shaq" with white text underneath to see who'd bite.

As we move forward, we actually move backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway View Post
    And we know Shaq >>> AD

So does that mean LeBron >>>>>>>>> Kobe?
    Everyone knows LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe.

That was never in question.

Koab needed Phil Jackson to show up before he could get serious about titles - same issue with MJ.