Banned

Default Has Jordan had the luckiest & LeBron the unluckiest playoff/finals runs of any ATG?

Michael Jordan played 179 playoffs/finals games in his career.

Over those 179 games he had one, I repeat ONE game where he had a key teammate missing:

Scottie Pippen missed game 4 of the 2nd round of the 1990 playoffs, when the Bulls were up 2-1 against the Sixers

That's it.

Scottie Pippen played in 178 of the 179 possible playoff/finals games.
    Dennis Rodman played in 58 of the 58 possible playoff/finals games.
    Horace Grant played in 101 of the 101 possible playoff/finals games.
    Charles Oakley played in 16 of the 16 possible playoff games.
    Orlando Woolridge played in 7 of the 7 possible playoff games.

As for role players:

1986: George Gervin missed a game of the first round against the Celtics, possibly because the coach simply wouldn't play him.
    1989: John Paxson missed a game in the first round against the Cavs.
    1996: Toni Kukoc missed 3 games against the Knicks in the 2nd round.
    1998: Luc Longley missed the 3 first round games against the Nets.

Now let's look at LeBron:

2006 - Larry Hughes, possibly his 2nd best and at worst 3rd best player missed 4 games against the Pistons in the 2nd round, including a potential closeout game 6 that the Cavs lost by 2.
    2007 - Larry Hughes, clearly the 2nd highest scorer on the Cavs this season missed games 3 and 4 against the Spurs in the finals.
    2011 - Udonis Haslem, who got injured early in the season, came back halfway through the playoffs - missed 5 games in the first round against the Sixers and 4 games in the 2nd round against the Celtics.
    2012 - This is a huge one: Chris Bosh goes down early in game 1 of the 2nd round against the Pacers. He ends up missing the last 5½ games of the 2nd round and the first 4 games against the Celtics in the 2nd round.
    2013 - Dwyane Wade missed a game in the first round against the Bucks.
    2015 - This, of course, is the king of all the unluckiest runs - First Kelly Olynyk pulls Kevin Love's out of his socket in the first quarter of game 4 of the first round against the Celtics. Love ends up missing 16 games of the playoffs (including 6 finals games). Other than that, Kyrie Irving misses 2 games against the Hawks in the conference finals + 5 of the 6 finals games. Also, J.R. Smith was suspended for the first two games of the 2nd round Bulls series.
    2016 - Kevin Love misses a game in the finals against the Warriors.
    2018 - Kevin Love misses game 7 of the conference finals against the Celtics, George Hill misses 3 games in the 1st round against the Pacers.
    2020 - Avery Bradley, arguably the Lakers' third best player during the regular season decides not to join the Lakers in the bubble and misses the entire playoffs/finals.

It's certainly easier to understand why Jordan has a tendency towards degenerate gambling. Luck has followed him all his life and he had everything handed to him on a platter, whereas LeBron had to work for everything he has gained.

Default Re: Has Jordan had the luckiest & LeBron the unluckiest playoff/finals runs of any AT

Nope.

Watch the 2 play.

One is far more superior than the other.

And its not even close.

Keep the mental gymnastics coming...they make me laugh

Default Re: Has Jordan had the luckiest & LeBron the unluckiest playoff/finals runs of any AT

Amazing rundown

When mentally damaged Spursm8 comes scurring in, you know you‘re onto something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Amazing rundown

When mentally damaged Spursm8 comes scurring in, you know you‘re onto something.
    I was hoping he would be triggered enough to reply in this thread. Success!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    I was hoping he would be triggered enough to reply in this thread. Success!
    He‘s the first reply, can count on that

Yes.

The 90s had a bunch of garbage teams.

A discount joel embiid on the knicks and a discount Klay thompson on the pacers as the top players to go against in the 90s eastern conf.

And then a bunch of 2020 miami heats in the finals.

Jordan had opponents not even capable of winning 67 games. Yet bron has to face a 67 win team 3 years in a row.

3-time NBA All-Star

Poor guy. Think he needs more help.

The mental gymnastics from these pseudo basketball fans is insufferable.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Yes.

A discount joel embiid on the knicks and a discount Klay thompson on the pacers as the top players to go against in the 90s eastern conf.

Jordan had opponents not even capable of winning 67 games. Yet bron has to face a 67 win team 3 years in a row.
    Boom

I think MJ was pretty good at basketball but he was such a bitchmade phaggit that I can't respect him as a man. Maybe Mr. bullettooth and NameChange m8 can stomach that. But I'm not down with the rainbow like they are.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Yes.

How old are you? Something tells me you never watched 90s basketball..