Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who will be heard to defend MJ's crumbling legacy now that 3ball is banned?

And still going. This needs an update after LeBron's 4th chip

Decent playground baller ZenMaster7210's Avatar

Default Re: Who will be heard to defend MJ's crumbling legacy now that 3ball is banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I am kind of offended but the idea that 3ball was somehow preserving Jordan's legacy. If anything his obsession had the opposite effect. Jordan doesn't need crazy idiots defending his accomplishments with dumb arguments. Every basketball fan over 35 knows what he did and the younger ones with a knowledge of history are aware of him as well. It's unavoidable that sooner or later someone will be acknowledged as greater than Jordan but so far that player hasn't come along.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    What's your top 5 chief?
    I kinda divide it into two categories. One that is more heavily based on longevity performance and accolades, and then another that's based upon player skill/talent, prime/peak years, and postseason/elimination game performances.

For the first list, I have:

Mj
    LeBron
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic

For the second, I have

Mj
    Hakeem
    Kareem
    Bird
    LeBron

I know having Hakeem that high seems odd, but I explained my reasoning in other threads. I think the first list I mentioned is pretty standard, though.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    I kinda divide it into two categories. One that is more heavily based on longevity performance and accolades, and then another that's based upon player skill/talent, prime/peak years, and postseason/elimination game performances.

For the first list, I have:

Mj
    LeBron
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic

For the second, I have

Mj
    Hakeem
    Kareem
    Bird
    LeBron

I know having Hakeem that high seems odd, but I explained my reasoning in other threads. I think the first list I mentioned is pretty standard, though.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer View Post
    It's simple, do you want Grant Hill on your team or do you want Paul Pierce? From a career perspective, Pierce has the playoff success with a championship, FMVP award, 10x all-star, etc, and better overall statistics. He's up there amongst Celtics legends for sure and many people would choose him, at least career-wise.

But was he better than Grant Hill? I don't think so. This is despite the fact that Pierce has better overall playoff numbers. But Hill stands out in talent/skill as well as his peak/prime years where he was the LeBron of the league before LeBron. Hill unfortunately suffered from injuries, which makes him forgotten in the all-time rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    It's simple, do you want Grant Hill on your team or do you want Paul Pierce? From a career perspective, Pierce has the playoff success with a championship, FMVP award, 10x all-star, etc, and better overall statistics. He's up there amongst Celtics legends for sure and many people would choose him, at least career-wise.

But was he better than Grant Hill? I don't think so. This is despite the fact that Pierce has better overall playoff numbers. But Hill stands out in talent/skill as well as his peak/prime years where he was the LeBron of the league before LeBron. Hill unfortunately suffered from injuries, which makes him forgotten in the all-time rankings.
    well how is kareem's peak/prime above lebron but below him in a career ranking? His longevity is still at least even with bron

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    well how is kareem's peak/prime above lebron but below him in a career ranking? His longevity is still at least even with bron
    I'll admit. Me placing LeBron at #2 for all-time careers above Kareem is more of a 2a/2b situation. A major reason for me is that the majority of Kareem's success with LAL comes where Magic is the best player. The same can't be said about LeBron. He's been the best player for arguably every team he's played for, including this year (though some would make a case for AD).