Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Easiest path to a ring in NBA history?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yes... his longevity is definitely GOAT. Nobody could deny that. I look for prime ability (skills), fit, and leadership more than that.

Imagine if Dirk constantly hopped around the league playing with Wade, Kyrie, and AD... instead of settling for just... Jason Terry.

Imagine if Karl Malone didnt spend 20 years on the Jazz and team hopped around with MVP talent...

It's manufactured. WWE. Even the Warriors we're never supposed to win but the league tried it's damn'dest. And cost them one.
    Karl Malone played most of his career with a top 40 player of all-time...perhaps higher. I'm not sure he's getting a lot better than that hopping around.

Again, most titles in NBA history are won with loaded squads...and this Lakers team isn't any different if they win. I just don't understand the argument. Yes, guys like KG and Dirk would have a few more titles if they played with better help...again, what is the point?

It was Kobe fans that really started the "rings" argument anyway...and in terms of leadership...I don't know...Lebron's leadership with AD seems pretty damn good so far.

Nobody thinks Lebron is all of a sudden better if he wins a 4th ring. It is the fact that he's playing so well while also leading a team...and we'll just have to agree to disagree about the Rockets and Nuggets being joke competition....but even if they were...nobody thinks the Lakers winning was ever going to be an insanely impressive ring historically.

But it would still be something...and to pretend it means nothing for a player to play this well at this point of his career while winning...just doesn't hold up.

classic op in this thread. doesnt respond to any of the rebuttals and defaults to a personal attack for people he doesnt like(basically non kobe stans). an unhealthy knowledge of every former player's opinion on kobe, lebron, shaq etc and multiple poster's personal lives because he doesnt know how to formulate his own arguments

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    classic op in this thread. doesnt respond to any of the rebuttals and defaults to a personal attack for people he doesnt like(basically non kobe stans). an unhealthy knowledge of every former player's opinion on kobe, lebron, shaq etc and multiple poster's personal lives because he doesnt know how to formulate his own arguments
    Pretty much everyone knows that most players have Kobe over LeBron or at absolute worst have him in the same tier of greatness as MJ/LeBron. It ain't that deep/complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD View Post
    Pretty much everyone knows that most players have Kobe over LeBron or at absolute worst have him in the same tier of greatness as MJ/LeBron. It ain't that deep/complicated.
    sure. you're the only one ccommitted enough to look up every one of their opinions. I would also counter with being a great player doesnt make someone a great player evaluator. a bunch of great gms were role players or didnt even play in the nba.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    sure. you're the only one ccommitted enough to look up every one of their opinions. I would also counter with being a great player doesnt make someone a great player evaluator. a bunch of great gms were role players or didnt even play in the nba.
    Ah yes... The ol "Michale Jordan is the worst GM ever, that PROVES that players can't evaluate talent." argument. Next you're gonna drop the "Robert Horry has 7 rinnnngggggz" argument.

First of all... THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME, JERRY WEST, is a Top 15-20 player, the 3rd (4th at absolute worst) SG ever and a perennial HOF as a player.

Second... Evaluating what a player WILL become (which is a crapshoot for ANY GM, even a great one) is nowhere near the same as evaluating a player who's already become what he's going to be or evaluating an entire career.

Please take your facebook/twitter retarded arguments out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD View Post
    Ah yes... The ol "Michale Jordan is the worst GM ever, that PROVES that players can't evaluate talent." argument. Next you're gonna drop the "Robert Horry has 7 rinnnngggggz" argument.

First of all... THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME, JERRY WEST, is a Top 15-20 player, the 3rd (4th at absolute worst) SG ever and a perennial HOF as a player.

Second... Evaluating what a player WILL become (which is a crapshoot for ANY GM, even a great one) is nowhere near the same as evaluating a player who's already become what he's going to be or evaluating an entire career.

Please take your facebook/twitter retarded arguments out of here.
    i wasnt even thinking of mj . west and bird are two exceptions and bird's not even that elite a gm. for every west there are multiple guys like baylor. Dumars was one of the better ones but has one of the most famous draft gaffes and also was awful at the end trading billups for iverson and giving out terrible contracts to gordon and villanueva.

Second there is more to player evaluation for a gm than just projecting young talent. gm's have to determine how much a guy's worth in free agency how a player fits on a team etc that's basic shit.

Holy shit Tpols is legit having a mental breakdown already

I don’t even wanna know what he’ll do if Bron wins FMVP. Yikes.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Holy shit Tpols is legit having a mental breakdown already

I don’t even wanna know what he’ll do if Bron wins FMVP. Yikes.
    many users mental health seem to be deteriorating over these playoffs, i fear for their safety