Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Based off BPM alone. Anthony Davis is outdoing every Laker legend since 77' KAJ.

I don't know if some people understand how UNIQUE a duo Bron and AD is. Everybody knows it's a great duo. Capable of winning rings quick. BUT the things is you have the best all around player EVER in Bron. When u factor his numbers and positional versatility as a package. But among the PF's and C's, AD is in the top 3 ever with Giannis and KG in the same vein. That type of duo has NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE! Not even close! In previous generations, the closest we could have gotten was like a prime G Hill who didn't get hurt getting the chance to play with prime KG! That duo in the 2000s for DAMN SURE would have won a ring. Because they would cover up so many holes that NO OTHER DUO could have done. Bron and AD is the better version of what that would have been like!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Based off BPM alone. Anthony Davis is outdoing every Laker legend since 77' KAJ.

Current AD is up there with some of the greatest power peaks ever

Even as a LeBron stan I have to admit that AD might be the best player on the Lakers

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    I don't know if some people understand how UNIQUE a duo Bron and AD is. Everybody knows it's a great duo. Capable of winning rings quick. BUT the things is you have the best all around player EVER in Bron. When u factor his numbers and positional versatility as a package. But among the PF's and C's, AD is in the top 3 ever with Giannis and KG in the same vein. That type of duo has NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE! Not even close! In previous generations, the closest we could have gotten was like a prime G Hill who didn't get hurt getting the chance to play with prime KG! That duo in the 2000s for DAMN SURE would have won a ring. Because they would cover up so many holes that NO OTHER DUO could have done. Bron and AD is the better version of what that would have been like!
    It's been done before with Kareem and Magic. Difference is that Kareem and Magic's peaks never really coincided whereas AD and Lebron are basically still close to or at their absolute peaks. Kareem was 32 by the time Magic arrived and Magic didn't really peak until mid-80's when he was leading league in OWS. Kareem could still get up and down the floor and put up good numbers by then but he was nowhere near the the 30ppg guy in the middle to late 70's. Basically, the closest comparison I could come up with would maybe be putting Magic with Barkley in the mid to late 80's, which almost happened btw but the trade fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by goozeman View Post
    It's been done before with Kareem and Magic. Difference is that Kareem and Magic's peaks never really coincided whereas AD and Lebron are basically still close to or at their absolute peaks. Kareem was 32 by the time Magic arrived and Magic didn't really peak until mid-80's when he was leading league in OWS. Kareem could still get up and down the floor and put up good numbers by then but he was nowhere near the the 30ppg guy in the middle to late 70's. Basically, the closest comparison I could come up with would maybe be putting Magic with Barkley in the mid to late 80's, which almost happened btw but the trade fell through.

LMAO!!! U GOTTA learn how to comprehend stuff. Kareem, Magic, and Barkley WEREN'T positionless type of legends on both sides of the court. Magic was offensively. Kareem wasn't at all. Barkley was hella versatile in terms offensive versatility. Could be SF, PF, or a point forward on offense. But NONE OF THOSE ICONS are positionless ON THE LEVEL of Bron and AD on both sides of the court. Or when I pointed a hypothetical KG-G Hill tandem (the closest thing we could have saw to Bron-AD in the 2000s), the SAME APPLIES!

I'm talking ULTIMATE BLENDS of all around ability AND versatility two way wise! Magic and Kareem DON'T QUALIFY for that!!! A hypothetical pairing of Magic and Barkley DON'T qualify for that!! I'm NOT SAYING Magic and Kareem aren't as effective or dominant. There's more than ONE WAY to skin a cat! I SPECIFICALLY pointed out NO TANDEM IN NBA HISTORY can match the all around ability AND versatility two way wise that Bron and AD bring to the table. There's not a tandem EVEN CLOSE in NBA history!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-02-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Current AD is up there with some of the greatest power peaks ever

Even as a LeBron stan I have to admit that AD might be the best player on the Lakers
    You could argue EITHER as the best Lakers player. Bron is the past his peak BUT still in his backend prime years. Like MJ was during the 2nd 3 peat. AD on the other hand is only 26 years old. And really at the intial years of his peak. So his two way ability and Bron's slippage on defense (even though Bron can still be elite on defense) is why AD can be considered better. Plus AD's scoring skillset at the PF spot is OFF THE HOOK! Has it all AND is 80% from the line!! And maybe the scariest thing could be when teams go small, the Lakers KNOW AD can defend damn near any position at an elite level. While still imposing his will on the smaller players.

So the Lakers can throw a multitude of lineups to matchup with teams. KG, AD, and Giannis are like The Undertakers of the NBA! Freak athletic ability who can defend the smaller the perimeter players. BUT still play big like big men should!!! Just like Taker! 6'10 with the agility and skills of much smaller guys. BUT is physically dominant like a man his size should be!!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-02-2020 at 06:36 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    LMAO!!! U GOTTA learn how to comprehend stuff. Kareem, Magic, and Barkley WEREN'T positionless type of legends on both sides of the court. Magic was offensively. Kareem wasn't at all. Barkley was hella versatile in terms offensive versatility. Could be SF, PF, or a point forward on offense. But NONE OF THOSE ICONS are positionless ON THE LEVEL of Bron and AD on both sides of the court. Or when I pointed a hypothetical KG-G Hill tandem (the closest thing we could have saw to Bron-AD in the 2000s), the SAME APPLIES!

I'm talking ULTIMATE BLENDS of all around ability AND versatility two way wise! Magic and Kareem DON'T QUALIFY for that!!! A hypothetical pairing of Magic and Barkley DON'T qualify for that!! I'm NOT SAYING Magic and Kareem aren't as effective or dominant. There's more than ONE WAY to skin a cat! I SPECIFICALLY pointed out NO TANDEM IN NBA HISTORY can match the all around ability AND versatility two way wise that Bron and AD bring to the table. There's not a tandem EVEN CLOSE in NBA history!
    Where are you getting the idea Bron is position-less lmao? He's a PG/SF. Could never be a shooting guard or center. The man flops like a fish out of water when boxing out true big men, and would never be able to space the floor a lick as a shooting guard. Or shoot. You're just peddling nonsense media tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Where are you getting the idea Bron is position-less lmao? He's a PG/SF. Could never be a shooting guard or center. The man flops like a fish out of water when boxing out true big men, and would never be able to space the floor a lick as a shooting guard. Or shoot. You're just peddling nonsense media tripe.
    LMAO!!! I gotta school YOUR ASS TOO!!! For guys who are PURE PERIMETER PLAYERS (PG, SG, SF) WHO has more positional versatility than Lebron??? And u DON'T have to be a great shooter TO BE a great SG!!! Have you heard what Jalen Rose has said before??? Positions were created SO A NOVICE (like your ass apparently) can understand the game. When Bron played the SG early in his career more often at times, he COULD STILL get his shot at anytime. BECAUSE he had the handles to get where he needed to go. SECONDLY, he could defend SG's at an ELITE LEVEL!!! Plus he an all time great passer as it is. So having him in the backcourt ALONG with the PG ENABLED the Cavs to play with a SF-PF-C that could BENEFIT by having a PG PLUS Bron the backcourt.

The narrative u HAVE to be an elite shooter to be a great shooting guard is HILARIOUS! If you can play four positions at an elite to great level (which Bron has proved PG-SG-SF-PF), you are a positionless player. And YES Bron could guard some centers effectively. ESPECIALLY in a lot of the time he has played in the league. He's JUST AS STRONG as a lot of them. Plus Bron is 6'9! Your dumbass HAS TO UNDERSTAND you have primary positions. And secondary positions that you are capable of playing. ANYBODY who thinks Bron ISN'T capable of playing PG-SG-SF-PF at a great level DOESN"T know the game! Because he's ALREADY DONE IT!!!

Plus your DUMBASS has to realize A LOT OF SF's secondary position is SG! Even Dr. J moved to SG late in his career. Bron's jumper IS BETTER than Doc's!! Plus Doc COULD STILL get to the rack from the SG spot. And on defense, he was gonna be bigger than a lot of them back then. When at the SF, you had several superstars his height or taller.
    Last edited by bizil; 10-02-2020 at 07:04 PM.

You need to lay off the cocaine... or crack. Or whatever upper you're on for that matter lol.

Being "position-less" requires the offensive side just as much as the defensive, the former of which you totally neglect in your analysis. A player with weak off ball game, shooting, and post up ability isn't going to be able to play the SG or C position effectively.

Bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    His BPM in the playoffs is 9.2. LeBron’s is 9.7. OP at it again.

Yup... you don't need to be a good shooter to be a shooting guard.

Some of you folks never cease to amaze me.

You need to lay off the cocaine... or crack. Or whatever upper you're on for that matter lol.

Being "position-less" requires the offensive side just as much as the defensive, the former of which you totally neglect in your analysis. A player with weak off ball game, shooting, and post up ability isn't going to be able to play the SG or C position effectively.

Bottom line.
    I got FUTURE HOF coach Erik Spolestra BACKING MY STATEMENTS UP! I DON'T NEED ANY OTHER OPINION ON THIS! Because I SPEAK FACTS! Now go talk hoops at the lil kids. And tell they mothers to hit me up later for a great time while you over there!!!

https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/m...hrough-5-james

"And tell they mothers"

jesus mate... go back to school.

And come up with something better than a yo mamma joke.

Yup... you don't need to be a good shooter to be a shooting guard.

Some of you folks never cease to amaze me.
    Jalen Rose BACKS UP MY STATEMENTS ABOUT POSITIONS!!

Professor bizil dropping knowledge and dragging the outdated kobe stan from of his nostalgic imagination

Players haven't been defined by position names in years, it's 1-5 and matchmaking

This is learned in a first practice of organised basketball since the age of 6yo