Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Based off BPM alone. Anthony Davis is outdoing every Laker legend since 77' KAJ.

Say what you want about BPM. Its still crazy impressive. Anthony Davis has reached that elite superstar level these playoffs where teams and fans fear him. I havent had this feeling about a player since Kobe. No disrespect to LeBron, arguably the MVP of this team. But AD is a 2 way superstar in his prime right now. I love having 2 FMVP candidates on the Lakers. I just get to sit back and watch one of the best duos of all time.

If you go strictly off BPM, AD (9.6) is having the best playoff season for a Laker since Kareem's 76-77 season (12.1 ).

Better than Shaq's 99-00 run (9.3)
    Magic's 86-87 run (9.3)
    Kobe's 08-09 (9.1)

I mean holy fvck.... better than SHAQ's run.

Default Re: Based off BPM alone. Anthony Davis is outdoing every Laker legend since 77' KAJ.

Yeah, I would take AD over peak Shaq for sure.

Default Re: Based off BPM alone. Anthony Davis is outdoing every Laker legend since 77' KAJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Thats not the point but okay.

Anthony Abdul-Jabbar is in the hhhhhhooouuuuuussssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Anthony Abdul-Jabbar is in the hhhhhhooouuuuuussssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    Much better

His BPM in the playoffs is 9.2. LeBron’s is 9.7. OP at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    His BPM in the playoffs is 9.2. LeBron’s is 9.7. OP at it again.

Where did you get your stat from? Why would I need to lie about two of our best players? Lmao god you're stupid. I have no horse in this weird battle you LeBron losers have of AD vs LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac View Post
    Where did you get your stat from? Why would I need to lie about two of our best players? Lmao god you're stupid. I have no horse in this weird battle you LeBron losers have of AD vs LeBron.
    Literally basketball reference.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Literally basketball reference.

Yup. https://www.basketball-reference.com...yoffs_advanced

AD was ahead of LeBron in BPM and VORP for most of the playoffs but that changed as AD stopped rebounding. LeBron, a PG/SF, is averaging 10.5 RPG now to AD's 9.3 for the playoffs.

Jokic Stan

It's obvious to ANY rational person that AD is having a legendary playoff run (along with Lebron). AD has arguably been the best player in the playoffs.

AD winning FMVP this year would CATAPULT him into all-time big man talks (Duncan/Hakeem hype).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac View Post

I love having 2 FMVP candidates on the Lakers.

lebron always has FMVP teammates - AD, Wade, Kyrie

only mj never had a fmvp sidekick and his sidekick peaked at only 21/6 (19 on 42% in 6 Finals, aka paul george)

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    It's obvious to ANY rational person that AD is having a legendary playoff run (along with Lebron). AD has arguably been the best player in the playoffs.

AD winning FMVP this year would CATAPULT him into all-time big man talks (Duncan/Hakeem hype).
    AD with a ring and Finals MVP VAULTS him into the top 10 GOAT PF's. He was already on that path anyway. Soon to be there. But those two things makes that process go much faster. When you look at PF's who combined scoring, passing, rebounding, and defense the best, AD is ARGUABLY the best PF ever. He's certainly in that mix with Giannis, KG, and Duncan. When u look at his overall skillset on both ends of the court (scoring skillset, defense, passing, and handles as package), he's the arguably the most gifted PF ever. I would say him or KG. And when u factor his numbers AND positional versatility as a package, he's among the top 3 PF's ever. Right there with KG and Giannis.

SO when u add this all up, AD could be the MOST TALENTED PF ever! He and Giannis are the ONLY TWO PF's of the newer generation on a track to possibly challenge Duncan for the GOAT crown. They both have a ways to go. But if AD wins a ring and Finals MVP, that gives him an edge on Giannis!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-02-2020 at 02:48 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

lol Exactly. Who cares about these numbers. Well airtubesock does anyhow...

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

AD is definitely the best #4 the Lakers have ever had, but of all the positions, that hasn't generally been their strong point. And, the current Lakers have two guys that are consistent scorers, the rest are very hit-n-miss, but somehow they manage to find a way to fill out the scoring duties by leveraging matchups that have been compromised by having to pay attention to LBJ and AD. That could make some stats a little warped. Even so, AD has come through consistently and if he stays around will take his rightful place among the best of their past team legends.Fun to watch him maximize his potential.