Banned

Default Seasons where you could claim that a player was screwed out of both MVP + Finals MVP

If the LeBron hating media that already screwed LeBron out of several MVPs somehow prevails over the objective media that knows LeBron is easily the Lakers MVP, and AD actually wins finals MVP, then this will be the first season in history where a player was unquestionably screwed out of both the regular season MVP as well as the finals MVP.

There have been many seasons where a player was screwed out of a MVP or a Finals MVP, but have there been any other seasons in history where a player was denied both of these awards? I guess Larry Bird in 1981 probably comes the closest, but he really didn't play that well in the 1981 finals.

Default Re: Seasons where you could claim that a player was screwed out of both MVP + Finals

No way they screw him over twice. FMVP is on its way! The world knows who the pack leader is. Szn 17 and still the pack leader

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Seasons where you could claim that a player was screwed out of both MVP + Finals

Curry did that in 2017 as well, big deal. Your team is stacked, Davis is better then Bam/Dragic/Herro combined.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

I can't think of a year a player was screwed out of both, but LeBron should have won Finals MVP in 2015, and Pau Gasol should have won it in 2010.

Potentially AD in these Finals. I don't see how the media would give him even 1 vote, even if he led the Lakers in most stats by a mile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Potentially AD in these Finals. I don't see how the media would give him even 1 vote, even if he led the Lakers in most stats by a mile.
    There is 0% chance that he will lead the Lakers in assists over LeBron, and about 30% chance that he will lead the Lakers in rebounding over LeBron.
    He will probably lead them in scoring, but there's a chance that he won't even be second in rebounds after LeBron and Dwight nor second in assists after LeBron and Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    There is 0% chance that he will lead the Lakers in assists over LeBron, and about 30% chance that he will lead the Lakers in rebounding over LeBron.
    He will probably lead them in scoring, but there's a chance that he won't even be second in rebounds after LeBron and Dwight nor second in assists after LeBron and Rondo.
    I said most, like when he led them in everything but assists in the RS and got no MVP consideration. He could easily lead the Lakers in rebounding over Bron, he led the team in rebounding for the majority of the POs with the execption of the last few games, he's only 3 behind James in this series. He'll lead the team in scoring and in blocks at least and GameScore & likely the on/off numbers as well, but the media members who vote for FMVP won't care about that, we know they're pushing for a Lebron FMVP storyline, even if AD's the best player in close game situations w/ James stat-padding in garbage time to keep up statistically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Curry did that in 2017 as well, big deal. Your team is stacked, Davis is better then Bam/Dragic/Herro combined.
    How on earth was Curry regular season MVP in 2017? He finished sixth in voting without getting a single first place vote.

Banned

I said most, like when he led them in everything but assists in the RS and got no MVP consideration. He could easily lead the Lakers in rebounding over Bron, he led the team in rebounding for the majority of the POs with the execption of the last few games, he's only 3 behind James in this series. He'll lead the team in scoring and in blocks at least and GameScore & likely the on/off numbers as well, but the media members who vote for FMVP won't care about that, we know they're pushing for a Lebron FMVP storyline, even if AD's the best player in close game situations w/ James stat-padding in garbage time to keep up statistically.
    Ohhh... Okay. For a minute you fooled me that you wrote a serious reply, but it turns out you were just trolling.

Ohhh... Okay. For a minute you fooled me that you wrote a serious reply, but it turns out you were just trolling.
    Not sucking Lebron's dick = trolling. Got it.

Banned

Not sucking Lebron's dick = trolling. Got it.
    Yes, saying what you said after he had back-to-back monster clutch performances against Denver, first on the defensive end where he shut Murray down, then on the offensive end to close the series with all those points in the 4th quarter of game 5 is definitely trolling. Don't worry buddy, your pain of LeBron winning will pass.

Yes, saying what you said after he had back-to-back monster clutch performances against Denver, first on the defensive end where he shut Murray down, then on the offensive end to close the series with all those points in the 4th quarter of game 5 is definitely trolling. Don't worry buddy, your pain of LeBron winning will pass.
    I don't care about that, I do find it hilarious how AD barely gets any credit from you guys though. He's the #1 option and the best defensive player on the team, yet doesn't get treated like one here.

Good college starter

Stephen Curry 2017.

To be fair, Davis was easily better than Lebron in Game 1. Lebron did statpad quite a bit in the 4th quarter when the game was effectively over.