Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Default Is 2020 Miami the worst Finals team

Maybe ever? Or at least in recent memory?

And I know it's just COVID bubble basketball. Not really the same thing as normal.

But this is a 5th seed Miami team, not easily one of the worst Finals teams of all time?

I like them. But good lord. Their best player is Jimmy Butler. A guy who normally would at best be a 3rd option on a championship team. Miami has an amazing coach in Spo, but the elite talent discrepancy between LA and Miami is absurd. Not to mention experience.

Default Re: Is 2020 Miami the worst Finals team

Those 2k Nets team were worse. The 09 Magic while good for their time weren't all that either.

I think of Miami as 2004 Detroit. Not quite that level of defense, but they got a lot of dogs on their team.

If Bron has a great series against this perimeter defense it'll be impressive.

Iverson’s sixers easily. And the early 2000s nets and pacers.

I would add the knicks in 99. And dwights magic against kobe.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Those 2k Nets team were worse. The 09 Magic while good for their time weren't all that either.

I think of Miami as 2004 Detroit. Not quite that level of defense, but they got a lot of dogs on their team.

If Bron has a great series against this perimeter defense it'll be impressive.
    They are not 2004 Detroit level defensively, or talent wise top to bottom. They have some scrappers, and shooters. But hell no. Those Nets teams weren't great, but I don't think this Miami team is more significant than them at all. 09 Magic pushed LeBron's 60 win Cav's shit in ... and made a couple games right against the Lakers. Not great. Not worse than this Miami team. 2009 Dwight > 2020 Jimmy Butler, dude.

2020 Heat = 2004 Pistons

Let's see if Lakers can adjust

College superstar

the heat outperformed their true value in the bubble. the heat really isnt much and this should be an easy win for the lakers. i agree that the heat are probably one of the worst to be in the finals along with kidd's net and dwight's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    They are not 2004 Detroit level defensively, or talent wise top to bottom. They have some scrappers, and shooters. But hell no. Those Nets teams weren't great, but I don't think this Miami team is more significant than them at all.
    I didn't say they were on that level. There are similarities in playstyle though. Like Bam/Ben being undersized "centers", both having scrappy perimeter defense etc. And on offense, different players come through depending on the matchup.

What makes 2k Jersey better than Miami? They had poor shooting and their best player on O was mainly known for his passing.

09 Magic pushed LeBron's 60 win Cav's shit in ... and made a couple games right against the Lakers. Not great. Not worse than this Miami team. 2009 Dwight > 2020 Jimmy Butler, dude.
    The 09 Cavs were trash outside of LeBron. Not sure how that's an argument in Orlando's favor. 20 Miami knocked off Milwaukee who were better top to bottom than Cleveland.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

worse recent finals teams
    1.1999 Knicks
    2.2001 sixers
    3. 2007 Cavs
    4.2020 heat
    5. 2002 Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
    I would add the knicks in 99. And dwights magic against kobe.
    I dont remember the 99 finals... but did the Knicks have a chance if Ewing played?

2007 Cavs and I don't see how it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post
    I dont remember the 99 finals... but did the Knicks have a chance if Ewing played?
    Lockout year. If I remember correctly I think the knicks were 8th seed and they upset everyone going into the finals until they lost to the spurs with young duncan.

They had allan houston and sprewell. I think they had past prime ewing and LJ as well.

Local High School Star

2018 Cavs easily.

Miami would sweep that team most likely.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    2018 Cavs easily.

Miami would sweep that team most likely.
    Surprised how long it took someone to mention this team even though it was only 2 years ago that we saw them in the Finals.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post
    No, the Spurs went 11-1 in a loaded West, they were the typical team who has the momentum and wins almost every game. Also, IIRC the Knicks had a better record without Ewing than with himin the 99 play-offs.