Default plowking where ya at, apologize to Spo

this Heat "fan" has shit on Spo alot over the years. Even went as far as to call him one of the worst coaches in the league

Where you at boi

Default Re: plowking where ya at, apologize to Spo

His rotations are still mindbogglingly stupid from time to time. No one criticized his for this X's and O's. It was his rotations and lineups that he put out there on the floor.

Very weird to call me out considering how little I post on here. In fact, I don't really post here anymore. Just kinda checked in.

Spo was a horrible coach when he first took on the role. I would love to get some other Heat fans in here to get there opinions too.

I think he has a great make up in terms of the talent he has on his team. Again, I think there are teams far more talented than us, yet he has done a great job and overachieved. I believe he has gotten a tonne better since he was leading the Heatles, and that goes on both ends of the ball.

He was one of, if not the worst coach I have ever seen out of a dead ball situation for as long as I know. Now he actually seems to know what he is doing. Draws up some great plays, and our timeouts aren't just a waste like they used to be.
    On top of that, he was so mind numbingly rigid on the defensive end. Again, seems to still be an issue at times, but he definitely pivots now when he sees something isn't working. Like AJ mentioned, he does have some lineups that make you wonder at times.

I think he has a balanced team, very few egos, and guys that just work hard. I wouldn't want him leading a team with a few stars, as he doesn't have the personality to control that IMO.

But he has gotten a bunch better since the Heatles. Again, not sure why I am getting called out given my activity on here, but also the fact I have never been one to hold my opinions frozen in time. It has been 4+ years since I called Spo a bad coach (or at least I think) on here.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Spo was the worst coach in the league when LeBron was there. This isn't debatable and Plowing was spot on.

I usually hit open layups

Been lurking here for a while, I guess this is what you would call textbook "Rent Free".

Like players, coaches get better and worse over time. Credit to Spo for reaching this point, and for the Heat organisation for not sacking him when things looked grim

I used to get frustrated with him- pretty much every fanbase in every sport does with their management - but I have a tremendous confidence in him now. I rate him as the best coach in the league at the moment, and he should continue to be up in that tier for years to come

Spoelstra has improved a lot since the big three years, he was clearly a liability against Gregg Popovich in the 2 finals series coached in 2013 and 2014, but its kinda funny how the table has turned. Now hes one of the best in the league, other than Popovich and Kerr I wont put anyone else above him. The last series he shows that hes so much better than that overrated Brad Stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Spoelstra has improved a lot since the big three years, he was clearly a liability against Gregg Popovich in the 2 finals series coached in 2013 and 2014, but its kinda funny how the table has turned. Now hes one of the best in the league, other than Popovich and Kerr I wont put anyone else above him. The last series he shows that hes so much better than that overrated Brad Stevens.
    Spo is a much better coach Pop these days. LOL@ Kerr

Its Spo, Nurse, Carlisle and then the rest

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    Very weird to call me out considering how little I post on here. In fact, I don't really post here anymore. Just kinda checked in.

Spo was a horrible coach when he first took on the role. I would love to get some other Heat fans in here to get there opinions too.

I think he has a great make up in terms of the talent he has on his team. Again, I think there are teams far more talented than us, yet he has done a great job and overachieved. I believe he has gotten a tonne better since he was leading the Heatles, and that goes on both ends of the ball.

He was one of, if not the worst coach I have ever seen out of a dead ball situation for as long as I know. Now he actually seems to know what he is doing. Draws up some great plays, and our timeouts aren't just a waste like they used to be.
    On top of that, he was so mind numbingly rigid on the defensive end. Again, seems to still be an issue at times, but he definitely pivots now when he sees something isn't working. Like AJ mentioned, he does have some lineups that make you wonder at times.

I think he has a balanced team, very few egos, and guys that just work hard. I wouldn't want him leading a team with a few stars, as he doesn't have the personality to control that IMO.

But he has gotten a bunch better since the Heatles. Again, not sure why I am getting called out given my activity on here, but also the fact I have never been one to hold my opinions frozen in time. It has been 4+ years since I called Spo a bad coach (or at least I think) on here.
    I disagree. Spo wasn't one of the worst coaches in the league when he was coaching heatles and prior. I always thought of him as average. Although prior it was more like give Wade the ball and get out of the way. And the first year with the Heatles was bad. They had no offensive system, free flow it seems. I think they said they concentrated on defense first, but hardly any offense. I'm sure they just thought their talent and natural flow of the game will get them by.

The second year and third year, Spo improved a lot. They ran better offensive system with the horns sets, had more roles establish, more emphasis on cutting. Spo had the heatles run whatever they want if they get a defensive stop. And he isn't the worst coach for me out of a dead ball. That was Scott Brooks for me. And I think Wade gave Spo some credit on coaching him on his mid ranger jumper? I forgot tho. But I never thought of him being worse than Mike Brown on the offensive end.

With that said, he is no Pop and he is no Kerr. And there were better coaches who could coach them back then. But now, he got better and has guys that will play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    I disagree. Spo wasn't one of the worst coaches in the league when he was coaching heatles and prior. I always thought of him as average. Although prior it was more like give Wade the ball and get out of the way. And the first year with the Heatles was bad. They had no offensive system, free flow it seems. I think they said they concentrated on defense first, but hardly any offense. I'm sure they just thought their talent and natural flow of the game will get them by.

The second year and third year, Spo improved a lot. They ran better offensive system with the horns sets, had more roles establish, more emphasis on cutting. Spo had the heatles run whatever they want if they get a defensive stop. And he isn't the worst coach for me out of a dead ball. That was Scott Brooks for me. And I think Wade gave Spo some credit on coaching him on his mid ranger jumper? I forgot tho. But I never thought of him being worse than Mike Brown on the offensive end.

With that said, he is no Pop and he is no Kerr. And there were better coaches who could coach them back then. But now, he got better and has guys that will play hard.
    Fair enough. I was never a big fan, particularly after the way Jermaine O'Neal was used in playoffs and was shooting like 8% after 3 games. Spo just kept running the same sets for him. That was enough for me. Then like you said, the first year with the Heatles was unbearable to watch on offense aside from the fast breaks.

I think there was only one year that we were the most talented team in the league from top to bottom, because I think the supporting cast outside of the main 3 were always overrated, but at the same time, that team should have had the best record in the league more times than it did. That shows me consistency and a sign of a good coach, and a well coached team.

At this point, I truly do believe he is one of the best in the league.