Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star

Default Re: So... LeBron has to go up against Butler, Igoudala AND Crowder?

Quote Originally Posted by Koresh View Post
    ISH and RGM have made Lakers underdogs the entire postseason disrespecting them all season in general. Then when the Lakers beats these teams, all of you do an about face and call this a cakewalk or the easiest path ever.

This is a superstars league. The Lakers have two of them. I don't care how great the Heat play. They are elite and deserve to be in the Finals, but don't get it twisted. I have seen LeBron's entire career and these so-called LeBron stoppers. Jae Crowder hasn't done anything to contain him. Iggy is 36 and not the same guy. Butler is a good defender, but I wouldn't exactly call him a LeBron stopper.

I'm trying to figure out the other defenders on the Heat? Robinson? Herro? He will hunt for them all game. Also, AD has killed Bam in all their matchups. I am not convinced. The Heat matchup badly with the Lakers. They have no size and aren't elite defensively. Just because they beat the Bucks means nothing to me. The Bucks underachieved and underperformed.

All postseason I have heard these hot takes with the Lakers. Yes, I could be wrong like you could be wrong, but I have seen enough to make a judgment. I am not going to sit here and predict a series without seeing the games first or have a heart attack if the Lakers lose game 1 and everyone goes nuts.

It's always about who can beat the Lakers, who matches up with them the best and blah blah blah, but I see nothing on the other side. The Lakers matchup extremely well against the Heat. They would have had more problems against the Celtics perimeter players. The Lakers aren't scared of a rookie, 2nd year Robinson and old ass Iggy. Who is going to guard AD besides Bam? They have two of the softest 7-footers on their bench.

I just don't see this "don't sleep on the Heat" angle people keep talking about. The Heat have been impressive, but the Lakers are more impressive and you forget there's a GOAT level player who hasn't been to the Finals in 2 years who is arguably the GOAT playoff player. I am sick of the internet and the media shitting on the Lakers all postseason. They have been disrespected all year like they are trash and then when they win, the turn tables. "Oh, they were supposed to win." "Team X weren't that good." Whatever. All of these threads will be bumped in 2 weeks.

These threads were funny, but now they are annoying me. The hot takes need to stop. Don't estimate an all-time great. The Heat aren't the Warriors or the Spurs. I don't see this series going the distance. Maybe six because the Heat deserve the benefit of the doubt. I guess we're seeing different games. Blazers have two deadly perimeters player, got shut down. Rockets play small ball, Lakers played small ball. Howard started against the Nuggets. Adjustments made every series, all 4-1. I see the same result again.

Sorry about the rant, but it just seems like everybody wants the opposing team to win and the reasons are a bit arbitary, e.g. the Heat have perimeter defenders to throw at LeBron like that's going to really make a difference. The Heat can't stop LeBron and AD. There are no stars on the Heat. This Heat team is not the Pistons or the Spurs of yesteryear. I don't see an upset.
    Holy pauk

This is a low iq thread if I've ever seen one

I usually hit open layups

I never remembered MJ had to face a formidable trio of defenders.