Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is Michael Jordan the most offensively skilled player of all-time?

I don't think there's many people who disagree that for his position he is the most offensively skilled, but what about among all the players? Like if you were to use a sliding scale.

Default Re: Is Michael Jordan the most offensively skilled player of all-time?

simply put, no. i will explain later in further detail, but the short answer is a resounding no. even KD is superior to MJ in scoring.

The scoring titles that he has only shows what kind of a selfish player mj truly is. I think he'll even have more than ten if he chucked a lot of threes back then.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    simply put, no. i will explain later in further detail, but the short answer is a resounding no. even KD is superior to MJ in scoring.
    KD has 10 scoring titles, averages 33.4 in the playoffs, and is tied with Wilt for all-time scoring average?

Huh, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    KD has 10 scoring titles, averages 33.4 in the playoffs, and is tied with Wilt for all-time scoring average?

Huh, didn't know that.
    different eras. this era of basketball has far superior talent. would you rather have 4.5 ghz pentium 4 CPU (MJ) or a 4 ghz i9 9900k (KD)?

Scoring skills you mean? Perhaps, maybe, i mean there were also guys who i think were close to his scoring arsenal but were also pure shooters...

Offensive skills however, i dont think so, offense includes entire offense, more things than just individual scoring arsenal, like passing skills, vision, dribbling for example... there are a couple of guys who were better than Jordan in all those things (excluding scoring ofc), one who even scored as much or more than Jordan while at it...
    Last edited by pauk; 09-27-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    different eras. this era of basketball has far superior talent. would you rather have 4.5 ghz pentium 4 CPU (MJ) or a 4 ghz i9 9900k (KD)?
    Kd continues to be the most Overrated scorer of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Kd continues to be the most Overrated scorer of all time
    Didn't he help the warriors to secure two additional chips before departing the said team

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Didn't he help the warriors to secure two additional chips before departing the said team
    Because defenses are more afraid of Curry's three point shooting.

Jokic Stan

Yes, he is the best offensive player of all time.

People are lying to themselves by trying to say he is "only" a scorer. MJ was 35/7/7 on elite efficiency 85-93 playoffs. 29.6 PER and a MASSIVE 12.1 BPM.

No.

/thread.

Huge MJ fan here, but he was a career 32.7% 3 point shooter. So no.

Nah not even close

Couldn't even sniff iron outside 20 feet

League started to see his athleticism decline so they scooted up the 3pt line and gave Mikey a booster seat

Well he's like 1,500 points behind LeBron so maybe if he suits up for the Wizards and tries again? I doubt it though, so he is safely cemented #2 at best, forever.

You're telling me that Larry Bird was less offensively skilled than MJ?