Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let's talk about the LEBRON JAMES

10 finals appearances...

I remember hating on this dude back when the Kobe v Lebron duels/commercials were going on. but obviously that panned away the older you get and actually like watching basketball.

His list of achievements is top tier. Definitely in the conservation for GOAT. But I wanted to ask most people on here what there thoughts were on HOW he achieved this by the teams he formed.

We all know you can't get it done alone without quality teammates. Nobody has. No ones perfect. (Jordan, Kobe needed help)

But whats your opinions on the way Lebron sought after teammates to get it done, and the types of players he sought after to form teams with.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a trollfest.

Default Re: Let's talk about the LEBRON JAMES

Been waiting for someone to talk about this guy.

Anyway I just grade him on a scale adjusted by fortune as I do with everyone else. What matters is how he actually played. Not the outcome.

As a guy who watched him and rooted for the high school kid with haters before 18 and impossible expectations I think he's done more than what could have been expected. About the way he formed his teams: people use it as a negative and say blank didn't/wouldn't have....this type of player movement wasn't possible in blank's day. Plain and simple. This guy helped build teams to the point haters called him a gm without realizing it's a credit rather than a deterent to his greatness. We got the goat, rest his basketball soul, out here unable to put together a reasonable team in how many years of front office/ownership? Meanwhile we've watched "goat-in-waiting" out here putting together championship caliber squads all while being one of the best players ever. He's actually being underrated in the way it's been presented if anything?

Justin Kubatko
    @jkubatko
    This is the 10th time LeBron James has led his team in both total points and total assists during the regular season and advanced to the Finals.

No other player in NBA history has recorded more than four such seasons (Jerry West and Kobe Bryant each did so four times).

Players like Dwight and Rondo who everyone shit on to start the year. Those guys? The fact they're playing well with LeBron is a testament to his comradery. No other player could make Dwight buy into his role the way LeBron has, and its paid dividends obviously.

We're now hearing how "stacked" LA is, but the truth is they're a two-headed duo with a bunch of walkoffs.

Overall, Bron is definitely in the discussion for Top 3 and can only move up going forward.

Decent college freshman

LeBron won with JR Smith as a 3rd option. Let that sink in

Decent college freshman

There is one thing to say about him: Greatest of all time.
    Now go cry if you don't like it.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Players like Dwight and Rondo who everyone shit on to start the year. Those guys? The fact they're playing well with LeBron is a testament to his comradery. No other player could make Dwight buy into his role the way LeBron has, and its paid dividends obviously.

We're now hearing how "stacked" LA is, but the truth is they're a two-headed duo with a bunch of walkoffs.

Overall, Bron is definitely in the discussion for Top 3 and can only move up going forward.
    I definitely have him in my top five. Always had him in the Magic and Bird tier. I think with a championship this year he moves past them. Where do you see him rising in your top three? Who is your top three?

The guy is pretty good. I feel like we don't talk about him enough.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Lou Williams and Harrell never won or did anything their whole careers.

Rondo was the best player on the 2010 and 2012 Celtics. Dwight was an MVP candidate that literally BEAT Lebron H2H at their peaks as an underdog.

Y'all are something else.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    LeBron won with JR Smith as a 3rd option. Let that sink in
    Speaking of...JR Smith is back in the Finals!

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post

this

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Lou Williams and Harrell never won or did anything their whole careers.

Rondo was the best player on the 2010 and 2012 Celtics. Dwight was an MVP candidate that literally BEAT Lebron H2H at their peaks as an underdog.

Y'all are something else.
    The problem with your thinking, is that what they were 10 years ago means anything today.

Both Lou and Harrell are miles ahead of where Dwight and Rondo are right now.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

greatest leader

this