Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If the NBA is rigged why are Clippers and Bucks eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan View Post
    NBA isn't rigged. Insane to think it's the league rigging games. Refs have a bigger impact in basketball than in any other sport tho and is reffed the strangest way than any other sport. NBA superstars are called differently than average players. How they pick and chose calls is a rollercoaster. I honestly think it's just the hardest sport to ref. It feels intentional as a fan, but it usually isn't unless the refs has money on the game which I guess was the case for a stretch there.

In the Nuggets/Lakers series game 1 they were calling comical fouls on Jokic and allowing LeBron to bulldoze players. They basically took Jokic out of the game which you obviously don't do to superstars unless it's blatant. Ever since than it almost feel like the Nuggets are actually getting the better whistle. Almost like the refs are playing make up for game 1. They called a flagrant 1 on Murray for an elbow, but than didn't call it later in the game on the Lakers. Not because it's rigged, but because they happened at different parts of the game. Tonight will be no different.

1st quarter, 4th quarter, superstar, the past 5 calls, NBA officiating is just crazy. There always has been, and always will be, playoff series where it has a large impact. It's like that at times in sport, but the NBA is in a category of it's own. Which is why while I don't like the 3 point era as much, I do like that it leads to less FTA.
    you don't think refs have as big an impact in a football game? pass interference? holding?

calling it differently for superstars happens in virtually every team sport. strike zones in baseball. can't even breathe on Tom Brady. you don't think Messi & Ronaldo get more calls than other players?

refs are human and they know who the stars are.

that's why when i hear these retarded Bron stans complaining about officiating, it's so pathetic. Lebronze gets away with offensive fouls almost every time he goes to the rim. he also travels almost every time he goes to the rim.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

high IQ responses so far. and then there's... tpols and nineiron

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    you don't think refs have as big an impact in a football game? pass interference? holding?

calling it differently for superstars happens in virtually every team sport. strike zones in baseball. can't even breathe on Tom Brady. you don't think Messi & Ronaldo get more calls than other players?

refs are human and they know who the stars are.

that's why when i hear these retarded Bron stans complaining about officiating, it's so pathetic. Lebronze gets away with offensive fouls almost every time he goes to the rim. he also travels almost every time he goes to the rim.
    Nah. Not like basketball. PI or holding can have a huge impact on a football game, but it's far less likely to decide it than NBA refs. Like the Lakers/Kings series, or Dallas/Heat series etc. NBA refs can help someone score like 15 points in a game. They can give a guy an early foul. Dictate how players play defense. There's a reason why an NBA ref got caught up with the mob/gambling. If I was a ref in any sport, basketball would be by far the easiest choice for the one I could have the most impact on. NFL refs will make a gigantic **** up at the end of a game that decides it now and than, but the NBA refs never go away.

NBA reffing is comically inconsistent. In there defense it's the hardest sport to ref. It's not rigged by league officials or anything absurd like that, refs just have a big time impact on the game that you can't really ignore. Sometimes it tips in your favor, sometimes it doesn't. Your best bet is having lots of "star power" as they get the best whistle. Even Murray. Murray's getting a much better whistle this series than he was 5 months ago.

Nah. Not like basketball. PI or holding can have a huge impact on a football game, but it's far less likely to decide it than NBA refs. Like the Lakers/Kings series, or Dallas/Heat series etc. NBA refs can help someone score like 15 points in a game. They can give a guy an early foul. Dictate how players play defense. There's a reason why an NBA ref got caught up with the mob/gambling. If I was a ref in any sport, basketball would be by far the easiest choice for the one I could have the most impact on. NFL refs will make a gigantic **** up at the end of a game that decides it now and than, but the NBA refs never go away.

NBA reffing is comically inconsistent. In there defense it's the hardest sport to ref. It's not rigged by league officials or anything absurd like that, refs just have a big time impact on the game that you can't really ignore. Sometimes it tips in your favor, sometimes it doesn't. Your best bet is having lots of "star power" as they get the best whistle. Even Murray. Murray's getting a much better whistle this series than he was 5 months ago.
    You're not making any sense at all.

You're saying the NBA is not rigged but then you go on to explain how the refs can rig games.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’d say it’s easy to rig. Too easy for us to so rarely get the best matchups.

Even dumber are the claims the draft is always rigged. Like the nba gifts Orlando and Cleveland 3 top picks each and now ****ing Minnesota gets its second inside like 5 years while the Knicks have needed a savior for most of the last quarter century and peaked at #3 and #4.

How stupid are you when you can rig an entire league and you virtually never get it right business wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-Shrimp View Post
    You're not making any sense at all.

You're saying the NBA is not rigged but then you go on to explain how the refs can rig games.
    How can't you comprehend my point? NBA isn't rigged. League officials aren't picking series winners. They aren't pushing LeBron to the finals, or getting the matchups they want.

However there's human error and in any sport reffing will have an impact. In the NBA the refs have a larger impact than other sports. Do I think the refs/NBA league were like let's help Dwayne Wade win a championship in '06? Nope. Do I think it was reffed incredibly poorly? Absolutely. I mean in the NBA it's literally anybody's guess when there going to call a travel. Some games they'll allow teams to play physical, some games they won't. Jokic was picking up fouls for getting his arms tangled in game 1, yet was allowed to get himself free on the offensive end in the other 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’d say it’s easy to rig. Too easy for us to so rarely get the best matchups.

Even dumber are the claims the draft is always rigged. Like the nba gifts Orlando and Cleveland 3 top picks each and now ****ing Minnesota gets its second inside like 5 years while the Knicks have needed a savior for most of the last quarter century and peaked at #3 and #4.

How stupid are you when you can rig an entire league and you virtually never get it right business wise?
    Exactly. You would have 10000% seen a Kobe/LeBron matchup in the finals if it was rigged. It would have been easy to do as well. Not like anybody would question it. There were times when it made perfect sense to happen.

League hasn't rigged anything, in theory a ref could. Donaghy obviously did some pretty shady shit. I don't think refs today would attempt that. Doesn't mean they can't have a huge impact on the game, even if they aren't trying to rig it.

Sorry Cleveland actually has 5 #1 picks since the lottery began and 2 more before that one of them they traded to the Lakers(how the Lakers got the top pick to draft Worthy when they already had an elite team).

Cleveland has had 7 #1 picks in a league that rigs itself for business. Cleveland.

Ohio.

Thats where a rigged league has pinned its hopes for 50 years.

How can't you comprehend my point? NBA isn't rigged. League officials aren't picking series winners. They aren't pushing LeBron to the finals, or getting the matchups they want.

However there's human error and in any sport reffing will have an impact. In the NBA the refs have a larger impact than other sports. Do I think the refs/NBA league were like let's help Dwayne Wade win a championship in '06? Nope. Do I think it was reffed incredibly poorly? Absolutely. I mean in the NBA it's literally anybody's guess when there going to call a travel. Some games they'll allow teams to play physical, some games they won't. Jokic was picking up fouls for getting his arms tangled in game 1, yet was allowed to get himself free on the offensive end in the other 2 games.
    Yes the NBA is rigged. I don't even have to explain it because you're doing all the explaination for me in this thread.

You're being purposely naive or just dense to keep saying the NBA isn't rigged.

After all that happend in the past, Lakers/Kings, Heat/Mavs, the entire Tim Domaghy saga, for you to say the NBA isn't rigged is just straight up delusional

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Just because 1 year they couldn't get their star matchup, doesn't mean shit. That's a cherrypick. Orlando simply caught fire from 3 and out shot Cleveland from deep by a lot. Even with hack a Dwight Cleveland still got more FTs for the series. And then there were the detroit series before that where Sheed articulated how they were trying to advance "the goldenboy" to the Finals after the previous years Detroit slug outs were a ratings snooze fest. Refs have literally gone to JAIL for rigging games in the mid and early 2000s. And you're acting like people are conspiracy nuts for pointing shit out.

First of all....you need to read his book and see what he says he did and did not do since you’re taking his word. I actually have it around here somewhere. I’d send it to you if you’re not willing to buy it.

Second....a cherry pick? Go look at the last 25 years or so. You get like 15 much worse matchups than any league would want in the finals and waaaaay more before that. Some of the best matchups in history never happened.

They must love losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Just because 1 year they couldn't get their star matchup, doesn't mean shit. That's a cherrypick. Orlando simply caught fire from 3 and out shot Cleveland from deep by a lot. Even with hack a Dwight Cleveland still got more FTs for the series. And then there were the detroit series before that where Sheed articulated how they were trying to advance "the goldenboy" to the Finals after the previous years Detroit slug outs were a ratings snooze fest. Refs have literally gone to JAIL for rigging games in the mid and early 2000s. And you're acting like people are conspiracy nuts for pointing shit out.

Just let them continue to be in denial and look like fools

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Forget the potential Kobe/Lebron matchup in 09, those spurs finals in 03, 05, and 07 had awful ratings. You really think a rigged NBA would allow such terrible viewership in such a short time span post Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-Shrimp View Post
    Yes the NBA is rigged. I don't even have to explain it because you're doing all the explaination for me in this thread.

You're being purposely naive or just dense to keep saying the NBA isn't rigged.

After all that happend in the past, Lakers/Kings, Heat/Mavs, the entire Tim Domaghy saga, for you to say the NBA isn't rigged is just straight up delusional
    There's mountains and mountains of evidence the NBA isn't rigged tho. Like the Nuggets just beat the Clippers. We were down 3-1. It would have been beyond easy to rig that game and get L.A vs L.A. There's 50+ examples of that happening.

NBA refs being shitty/inconsistent and the NBA as a whole being incredibly hard to officiate doesn't mean the league is rigged. It's really that simple. Like tonight the Lakers could shoot 40 FT's because the refs are just bad .. it's not because the NBA is making a phone call and rigging the game. I don't get how you can't comprehend that.

Like you actually believe the league picks series and winners? Like they were like yeah make sure the Nuggets face the Lakers, I don't want Leonard in there. As opposed to refs just making mistakes. Every ref makes mistakes. Look at last year with there New Orleans Saints in the NFL. NBA is just a different animal when it comes to being a ref.

NBA refs being shitty/inconsistent and the NBA as a whole being incredibly hard to officiate doesn't mean the league is rigged. It's really that simple. Like tonight the Lakers could shoot 40 FT's because the refs are just bad .. it's not because the NBA is making a phone call and rigging the game. I don't get how you can't comprehend that.

Like you actually believe the league picks series and winners? Like they were like yeah make sure the Nuggets face the Lakers, I don't want Leonard in there. As opposed to refs just making mistakes. Every ref makes mistakes. Look at last year with there New Orleans Saints in the NFL. NBA is just a different animal when it comes to being a ref.
    My goodness, at this point I think you're just trolling or just straight up retarded.