Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Default If the NBA is rigged why are Clippers and Bucks eliminated?

you mean to suggest the Nuggets and Heat are the chosen favorites from corporate and share holders? i don't think so. nba champions are earned, not given.

Default Re: If the NBA is rigged why are Clippers and Bucks eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-Shrimp View Post
    for kobe

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

There’s never been a good answer far as why we almost never get the most desired matchups when the nba can rig it that way. Usually the answer is that they can’t rig a blowout...but that obviously doesn’t cover most tough playoff series.

To throw off the scent. I suspect Lebron saw the same car in his rearview for a few days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There’s never been a good answer far as why we almost never get the most desired matchups when the nba can rig it that way. Usually the answer is that they can’t rig a blowout...but that obviously doesn’t cover most tough playoff series.
    i believe the league could have easily swung game 7 in Clippers favor. but they didn't

Banned

The bigger question than that should be is if the NBA is rigged, then how do you explain the New York Knicks for the past 20 years?

I don’t know how people think a league that will rig the outcomes wouldn’t have given us Kobe/Lebron at any point from 08-2012.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    The bigger question than that should be is if the NBA is rigged, then how do you explain the New York Knicks for the past 20 years?
    I don’t know how people think a league that will rig the outcomes wouldn’t have given us Kobe/Lebron at any point from 08-2012.
    very good points

The NBA is all about brand and protecting their image. If Lebron lost to Kobe in the NBA finals it would be devestating to Lebron's brand.

If Clippers got annihilated by the Lakers in the WCF, Clippers will never be able to recover from it.

The league could've easily rigged to get Kobe Vs Lebron and Lakers VS Clippers. They chose not to

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

NBA isn't rigged. Insane to think it's the league rigging games. Refs have a bigger impact in basketball than in any other sport tho and is reffed the strangest way than any other sport. NBA superstars are called differently than average players. How they pick and chose calls is a rollercoaster. I honestly think it's just the hardest sport to ref. It feels intentional as a fan, but it usually isn't unless the refs has money on the game which I guess was the case for a stretch there.

In the Nuggets/Lakers series game 1 they were calling comical fouls on Jokic and allowing LeBron to bulldoze players. They basically took Jokic out of the game which you obviously don't do to superstars unless it's blatant. Ever since than it almost feel like the Nuggets are actually getting the better whistle. Almost like the refs are playing make up for game 1. They called a flagrant 1 on Murray for an elbow, but than didn't call it later in the game on the Lakers. Not because it's rigged, but because they happened at different parts of the game. Tonight will be no different.

1st quarter, 4th quarter, superstar, the past 5 calls, NBA officiating is just crazy. There always has been, and always will be, playoff series where it has a large impact. It's like that at times in sport, but the NBA is in a category of it's own. Which is why while I don't like the 3 point era as much, I do like that it leads to less FTA.

I don’t think those Kobe/Lebron puppet commercials were made because the corporate entities didn’t want those matchups. They wanted those finals bad. I bet they already had the finals commercials made.

Watch there and tell me you can’t tell what’s up....

They came out to promote the 09 playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan View Post
    NBA isn't rigged.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The Bucks were always pretenders and aren't an exciting team. And the refs did help the clippers, especially in the first series where shit was close with bogus ejections and calls. As far as the second series they didn't even need ref help but massively choked. You can't out-rig a choke that bad.