Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kemba "better than Kyrie" Walker with 5 points on 2/11 shooting in 52 minutes

it all stems from insecurity

but lets count the hoops dudes flipping through to get where were at

Origin: OP

OP's <3 for Kobe

Lebron surpassing Kobe

to Lebron's 2017 teammate (kyrie)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates (celtics)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock (bucks)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock -> their 2020 playoff roadblock (heat)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock -> their 2020 playoff roadblock -> "Kemba better than Kyrie?"

all while comparing hypothetical roster variables and outcomes between 2019 Celtics vs 2019/20 Bucks vs 2020 Heat in one 3 page run on melt-a-bron

Mariana Trench deep rabbit hole of "this that this that "

all because...

Last edited by scuzzy; 09-10-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: Kemba "better than Kyrie" Walker with 5 points on 2/11 shooting in 52 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post

but lets count the hoops dudes flipping through to get where were at

Origin: OP

OP's <3 for Kobe

Lebron surpassing Kobe

to Lebron's 2017 teammate (kyrie)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates (celtics)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock (bucks)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock -> their 2020 playoff roadblock (heat)

to Lebrons 2017 teammates -> new 2018/19 teammates -> their 2019 playoff roadblock -> their 2020 playoff roadblock -> "Kemba better than Kyrie?"

all while comparing hypothetical roster variables and outcomes between 2019 Celtics vs 2019/20 Bucks vs 2020 Heat in one 3 page run on melt-a-bron

Mariana Trench deep rabbit hole of "this that this that "

all because...

It is pathetic, isn't it? All these BS being derived from MJ and Kobe agendas of players who have little or even zero to do with them in actuality.

i mean i agree kyrie is better than kemba even with last year's disaster. still think he's a bit overvalued. I dont want to see him put in dame's just because he has some bad playoff games because opponents sell out on trapping. even boston in 18 is better than any portland team imo

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post

This stems from Irving being one of my favorite players and this forum constantly shitting on him after every bad shooting night, heck, even on great ones when his team loses. When the player who replaces him goes for 5 points on 2/11 shooting in a crucial Playoff game, no one even mentions it. That's why I made this thread. Why else would I make it? This has nothing to do with Lebron or Kobe, it has everything to do with ISH being obsessed with hating Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    This stems from Irving being one of my favorite players and this forum constantly shitting on him after every bad shooting night, heck, even on great ones when his team loses. When the player who replaces him goes for 5 points on 2/11 shooting in a crucial Playoff game, no one even mentions it. That's why I made this thread. Why else would I make it? This has nothing to do with Lebron or Kobe, it has everything to do with ISH being obsessed with hating Kyrie.
    well last year was a disaster. not all his fault morris and rozier even stevens deserved plenty but he deserved some. it's obvious that he stifled tatum and brown a bit though not all his fault. Ainge is extremely high on those guys as the future, didnt consider trading them for kawhi or george and I question whether kyrie would taken a step back like kemba did the 2nd half of the year

It stems from you being 3ball Junior and having the same agendas as your alpha.

I feel that people over-react to a couple games too much making threads and crap. Yes, Walker had a bad game...but it's evident Walker is a way better fit for this Celtics team than Kyrie was his two years there. Tatum right now is unequivocally the best player on the Celtics. And Walker has zero issues taking a step back and letting him take majority of the shots on offense. Kyrie last year was averaging over 20 shots a game for the playoffs. This season in the playoffs Walker only shot 20 or higher shots in one game. So what does that say? It says the ball movement doesn't stop in Walker's hands and it makes the Celtics take less bad shots with Walker than they do with Kyrie. Also Walker is barely averaging over 2 turnovers a game in the playoffs, Kyrie was well over three.

He's struggling a little bit this round, He's playing against tough guards in Lowry and VanVleet. But overall he's not hurting the game like Kyrie was.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    It stems from you being 3ball Junior and having the same agendas as your alpha.
    I'm not THAT obsessed with Lebron vs. Jordan, I don't think it's particularly close when you compare the two anyways but his threads are entertaining. However, this has nothing to do with that. This is Kyrie vs. Kemba.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    well last year was a disaster. not all his fault morris and rozier even stevens deserved plenty but he deserved some. it's obvious that he stifled tatum and brown a bit though not all his fault. Ainge is extremely high on those guys as the future, didnt consider trading them for kawhi or george and I question whether kyrie would taken a step back like kemba did the 2nd half of the year
    It was a disaster. He played like shit in the 4 straight losses. Not that he forced up bad shots in all those games, he was bricking wide open jumpers. He definitely did not help the development of Tatum, I think Brown was fine in his role, they fit pretty well. I think Kyrie would have taken a step back, had Tatum actually played well last season, he didn't show many glimpses of what he's doing right now, he had a mediocre 2nd year, actually declined compared to his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I'm not THAT obsessed with Lebron vs. Jordan, I don't think it's particularly close when you compare the two anyways but his threads are entertaining. However, this has nothing to do with that. This is Kyrie vs. Kemba.

It was a disaster. He played like shit in the 4 straight losses. Not that he forced up bad shots in all those games, he was bricking wide open jumpers. He definitely did not help the development of Tatum, I think Brown was fine in his role, they fit pretty well. I think Kyrie would have taken a step back, had Tatum actually played well last season, he didn't show many glimpses of what he's doing right now, he had a mediocre 2nd year, actually declined compared to his rookie season.
    Yea that’s fair. Tatum made some huge improvements this year. Idk about brown, bos just saw him as a lot more than a 3 and D guy which is what he was last year or he wouldn’t be the main piece in any deal for a star. The fits fine but he needed more usage.

Edit: and I have said Kyrie isn’t that much more ball dominant than guys like lillard or kemba like he’s harden but there’s still an obvious gap. Pretty curious how he does in bkn where all their best players are ball handlers

Name one time you disagreed with the MJ stan narrative...

Playoffs

Irving 2019 - 21/4/7 48.8%TS, 31%3PT
    Kemba 2020 - 20/4/5 57.3%TS, 31%3PT

And remember, this is Irving without the level of production Kemba got from Brown and Tatum, yet Kyrie was this selfish ballhog who never passed the ball but averaged over 7 assists a game while Tatum was a 15 ppg scorer in the 2019 Playoffs. Their production is pretty equal here with Kemba being more efficient as a 2nd/3rd option on offense with 4 months of rest prior to the Playoffs vs. Irving getting all the defensive attention and playing a better defensive team in Milwaukee. So it's strange for me to come on ISH after the Celtics completely stink it up in close games all Playoffs with Kemba leading the charge and not seeing one thread on the front page about it vs. a certain group of posters making thread after thread on Irving the year before.

Hmm.

OP sprints on ISH to bump threads over Kemba leading Celtics further than Kyrie

Nowhere to be found during WCF and Lakers clinching the Finals

Kemba didn't lead the Celtics to anything, he was terrible to close out the ECSF with Lowry outplaying him for most of the series. It's Tatum's team and it shows because their offense is god awful in the 4th with them blowing one close game after another and Kemba doesn't have the clutch gene.

I usually hit open layups

Let me settle this argument once and for all..... Both of these players are equally terrible. Just regular season stars.

Kyrie had a better team and couldn’t do shit