Jokic Stan

Default Stop comparing Lebron to MJ

How much more do people need to see? Lebron and MJ are my favorite players ever, but Lebron is clearly behind MJ.

MJ is honestly in a tier of his own in NBA history and that is NOT a slight toward Lebron. IMO, Lebron is already solidified as a top 3-4 player of all time at worse...but really Lebron is still battling KAREEM on the all time charts (for second best).

Kareem has 6 MVPS, 6 rings, all time leading scorer, 3rd all time in rebounds, 3rd all time in blocks, and has the most assists for any center in history, and is the supreme example of "longevity", which all the Lebron stans on this board do is basically focus on how old Lebron is. At 37 years old/16th season, Kareem had a 22/8/3 season while shooting 60% FG, and won FMVP putting up 26/9/5 on 60% shooting against Bird and the Celtics.

So, how has Lebron FOR SURE passed Kareem when Kareem has more MVPS (6>4), more rings (6>3), more points/rebounds/blocks, and more "longevity"? Doesn't Lebron still have a little more work to do to for sure be ahead of Kareem?

Default Re: Stop comparing Lebron to MJ

These reactionary threads after a player has a bad game are so cringe

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

If Kareem is ahead of LBJ he is ahead of MJ. Pecking order dude

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by KD7 View Post
    These reactionary threads after a player has a bad game are so cringe
    It's not a "reactionary" thread. I'm literally comparing entire careers here. You just don't want to face some of the points I am bringing up.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Why are you propping up a bald fraud that has zero strong rings and needed Pippen for each successful run along with Phil Jackson and his greatest SG rivalry was John Starks? By this rings logic Bill Russell is by far and away the true GOAT and Greatest Champion as well. Reevaluate. The competition simply matters which is why LBJ is GOAT to me.

3ball was slacking today, glad we got at least one LeBron/Jordan thread made before noon

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post
    Why are you propping up a bald fraud that has zero strong rings and needed Pippen for each successful run along with Phil Jackson and his greatest SG rivalry was John Starks? By this rings logic Bill Russell is by far and away the true GOAT and Greatest Champion as well. Reevaluate. The competition simply matters which is why LBJ is GOAT to me.
    I can tell by your response you weren't even born when MJ was on the Bulls lol. The only "competition" you've seen has probably been the last 10-12 years.

College superstar

Dude stfu.......

Chef Curry w/ da shot FromDowntown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post
    OP? Address this?

Made that high school varsity squad

I really wish the comparison threads would go away. I agree with the OP that the two best careers are Jordan and Kareem.

I think Jordan is better than Lebron, but I am a Lebron fan. I would much rather spend time arguing about contemporary basketball instead of constantly having a player from over 20 years ago be brought up everytime Lebron has a bad game. Unfortunately there are a bunch of Jordan cultists that can't ever shut up about him and obsessively hate Lebron even though with their arguments they expose themselves as not watching him play. If you don't think Lebron is a great scorer who has won countless playoff games by taking over the game, you are simply an idiot who doesn't watch basketball. That has happened over and over throughout his career. Lebron is a very special talent and the best player since Jordan.

It would be awesome if we could get to the point where the comparisons die and we can just focus on the games themselves, or at least the comparisons are fewer and far between. Unfortunately it won't happen. There are few people more obsessed than Lebron haters.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by BigtimeNBAFan View Post
    I really wish the comparison threads would go away. I agree with the OP that the two best careers are Jordan and Kareem.

I think Jordan is better than Lebron, but I am a Lebron fan. I would much rather spend time arguing about contemporary basketball instead of constantly having a player from over 20 years ago be brought up everytime Lebron has a bad game. Unfortunately there are a bunch of Jordan cultists that can't ever shut up about him and obsessively hate Lebron even though with their arguments they expose themselves as not watching him play. If you don't think Lebron is a great scorer who has won countless playoff games by taking over the game, you are simply an idiot who doesn't watch basketball. That has happened over and over throughout his career. Lebron is a very special talent and the best player since Jordan.

It would be awesome if we could get to the point where the comparisons die and we can just focus on the games themselves, or at least the comparisons are fewer and far between. Unfortunately it won't happen. There are few people more obsessed than Lebron haters.
    So it sounds like you agree with me that Lebron is battling Kareem for the number two spot.