Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: AD is playing like this era's Hakeem

Bump.

He is having an all-time big man playoff run so far.

NBA sixth man of the year

Anthony Davis would of killed clippers anyway. Clippers need to load up front defensively this off-season.

Local High School Star

Not quite. But he sure is taking advantage of his all-time good opportunity.

Still, if Hakeem it ever played with Jordan, he’d have a playoff run that feels Shaq-like too.

This is just like KD getting to play with Curry and just dominate weak athleticism and single coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Anthony Davis would of killed clippers anyway. Clippers need to load up front defensively this off-season.
    How are they going to load up? They don't have cap space or assets. Who are they going to get?

Jokic Stan

He's the most "dominant" player on the Lakers. He's so consistent game to game and physically unstoppable...combining that with his jumper being hot this playoff run and he's arguably the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    Before LeBron, AD had one playoff series win for his entire 7 year career. ONE. In 7 years.

Now after just 1 year with the King, LBJ might get another series win for him? Basically AD could double his playoff series wins (or more) in just 1 year with LeBron??? Sounds like another Bosh, Love, Kyrie, etc. LeBron may do it again, LeElevate a flunking, underperforming playoff player to great heights.

For reference, LeBron has 33 playoff series wins

33 + 2 = 35 now, 36 and 37 pending

PLAYOFF series wins in

Last 7 years
    LJ = 33
    AD = 1

Last 2 weeks
    LJ = 2
    AD = 2

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Unlike Hakeem tho ADs game isn't limited to playing in the post

He has a faceup game, he's great at rolling to the basket, he can hit 3s, he can pass effectively out of double teams

There is literally nothing he can't do

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

op is a sh!t poster. pumping up ad like it's not because of lebron. watch the game and you'll see all these easy baskets that lebron creates.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    He's the most "dominant" player on the Lakers. He's so consistent game to game and physically unstoppable...combining that with his jumper being hot this playoff run and he's arguably the best player in the league.
    Another bump.

Funny how opinions change in a month. I recall game one against the Blazers when he had a shit game and people were all over him. Now he's Hakeem level.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Funny how opinions change in a month. I recall game one against the Blazers when he had a shit game and people were all over him. Now he's Hakeem level.
    I have never said one bad thing about AD. It's obvious to any objective fan that he is a true superstar and can potentially be one of the best big men ever. He was just in a below average situation in New Orleans and had injury problems.

Hakeem was nothing like AD. Anthony Davis has guard skills. Sometimes he's the one pushing the ball up on a fast break. He's nailing threes like a wing.

Hakeem was more of a traditional big.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Hakeem was nothing like AD. Anthony Davis has guard skills. Sometimes he's the one pushing the ball up on a fast break. He's nailing threes like a wing.

Hakeem was more of a traditional big.
    That's what I mean by "this era", which I stated in the title.

He is the most well-rounded big man in the league factoring in offense/defense/skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I have never said one bad thing about AD. It's obvious to any objective fan that he is a true superstar and can potentially be one of the best big men ever. He was just in a below average situation in New Orleans and had injury problems.
    I don't recall saying YOU said anything bad. It was my observation of things said by other people a month ago. Which is why I said , 'people were all over him'. I didn't say 'and Stronglurk was all over him'.

That said, I'm not disputing that he's a superstar. I'm stopping well short of the Hakeem comparison. AD hasn't had to deal with anywhere near the big men Dream handled during his championship run.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

If Hakeem teamed up with Lebron how many rings? A.D has Lebron so its easier to win. Hakeem won with less help.