NBA rookie of the year

Default A compilation of game winners on Paul George

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: A compilation of game winners on Paul George

Is there any other elite defender with that long a list of game (even series) winners drilled in his face? He is getting memed for this.

NBA sixth man of the year

He gets overrated when his shot is going. Tonight his shot sucked and he was back to being kawhi's sidekick again. Also strikes me as an anti clutch player in general. Luckily for him he went to Kawhi's team.

These are all tough/bad shots, other than the Lebron one, though no one in league history could stop peak Lebron on a drive without fouling or help & there was no Hibbert in the game to protect the rim. Booker hit an impossible fadeaway over both PG & Kawhi with PG's fingers being an inch away from blocking the shot, and now people give him shit for it?

Alounzo Mourning was famous for being dunked on. He was also famous for blocking a lot of dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41 View Post
    Alounzo Mourning was famous for being dunked on. He was also famous for blocking a lot of dunks.
    Yeah? Tell me about all the game winners Paul George has hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    I think he means that PG always defends the best opposing guard/forward in crunch time so of course you'll see some players hit game-winners over him.

PG did have 4 game-winners last season, including one over Jimmy Butler and one over Gobert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjj43gmNzTY

Playoff G in prime form

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    I went to the only one he hit. Against the Nets last season

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Booker hit an impossible fadeaway
    After blowing past PG in the first place to get to that spot...

LeBron I faked PG out of his shoes to get an open look as PG went flying past LeBron.

LeBron II (we have multiple from the same guy ) blew past PG and PG lost his balance and wasn't even able to try to contest as a result.

Gay was a tough shot.

Butler, again PG let a player get the step on him. PG was able to contest but he failed to block Butler from getting a clear path to the basket.

Good defense on Kawhi.

Lauri spun past PG. PG recovered but if PG stayed in front of him Lauri doesn't get to the lane for a close floater.

Lillard was a tough, deep shot but PG gave him all the space he needed to get a clean look. You don't give Lillard, Curry types 2-3 feet of separation anywhere let alone with a series on the line.

All in all, this is not a good look. Is there any other elite defender coughing up these many game winners?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    After blowing past PG in the first place to get to that spot...

LeBron I faked PG out of his shoes to get an open look as PG went flying past LeBron.

LeBron II (we have multiple from the same guy ) blew past PG and PG lost his balance and wasn't even able to try to contest as a result.

Gay was a tough shot.

Butler, again PG let a player get the step on him. PG was able to contest but he failed to block Butler from getting a clear path to the basket.

Good defense on Kawhi.

Lauri spun past PG. PG recovered but if PG stayed in front of him Lauri doesn't get to the lane for a close floater.

Lillard was a tough, deep shot but PG gave him all the space he needed to get a clean look. You don't give Lillard, Curry types 2-3 feet of separation anywhere let alone with a series on the line.

All in all, this is not a good look. Is there any other elite defender coughing up these many game winners?
    https://youtu.be/7I5e1fh2TXs?t=598

21 y.o Kobe dusting Pippen on 3 straight possessions to lead the Lakers to the Finals

"you don't give Lillard separation", it's a tie game and he forced him into a 36-footer, that's a low-percentage shot.