Default A volume 31.2% 3P shooter is leading the league's best offense

2.8 of 9 threes per game. Can you imagine telling someone 10 years ago that a 20 year old European forward would be leading the league's best offense while taking that many threes at a low percentage, and putting up Larry Bird numbers?

Shit is insane. Warriors found the cheat code and now the game is broke. 3s are too valuable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: A volume 31.2% 3P shooter is leading the league's best offense

What it comes down to is 3 pter's. Dallas has the 2nd most 3 pointers made in the league.

Seth Curry - 45%
    Tim Hardaway - 40%
    Dorian Finney-Smith - 38%
    Max Kleber - 37%

That's why they are elite offense. The ability to hit the 3 team wide is a tremendous bonus that past eras didnt take advantage of. A shot worth 50% more is tremendous if perfected by all team members.

Luka may not be hitting a high percentage, but he hits enough to make teams guard him behind the line, and a lot of those shots are bailout shots.

It kind of reminds me of how Jason Kidd would still take 3's even when his J was bad, because it forced teams to guard him further out. It makes running PnR's so much easier.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Luka may not be hitting a high percentage, but he hits enough to make teams guard him behind the line, and a lot of those shots are bailout shots.

It kind of reminds me of how Jason Kidd would still take 3's even when his J was bad, because it forced teams to guard him further out. It makes running PnR's so much easier.
    This. It’s a spacing thing and he uses them to keep the defense honest.