Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Duncan on Jordan in 1998. I don't like MJ. I'm just somebody not impressed by him

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    This. Plus MJ has friends all over the NBA space (teammates, rivals, foes, media). Nobody knew Kobe and MJ were close until last week. Ewing just said he and MJ talk all the time. Jerry West said he's friends with MJ. You guys are reading too much into this and projecting your own feelings out there.
    DaRealist truth

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Duncan on Jordan in 1998. I don't like MJ. I'm just somebody not impressed by him

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    Jordan & Duncan played different positions
    Insane that this took so long to be said

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    PoutinCoach stay poutin

How many times has he banned by this point?

Coach/Samurai Swish/Money Mitch 23/Money 23/Pippen, get your talking points straight. I was Fatal9 for 4-5 years, remember?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron choked in the clutch and missed the walk-off attempt - he needed Ray Allen to save him:

Naturally, Jordan MADE his walk-off attempt in his first meeting against Duncan/Popovich to send the game into overtime:

After hitting the walk-off, MJ dominated overtime, including 2 dunks over Duncan:

In his 2nd meeting against Duncan, MJ dominated Duncan even more thoroughly:

It's obvious that Jordan only ever DOMINATED Duncan and guys like Duncan - they weren't "rivals" like they are for Kobe and Lebron.. :.. 6/6

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post

Coach/Samurai Swish/Money Mitch 23/Money 23/Pippen, get your talking points straight. I was Fatal9 for 4-5 years, remember?

I feel bad for him and DaRealist

everyone of these threads it's always the same course of action "I think what ______ is trying to say is....."

aka extreme coping

What are you talking about? And who is Fatal9?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    There were quite some in my circle of friends. It was like 50/50 among guys that played themselves. The casuals all were Jordan dickriders, but it's not like everyone was that impressed by him. Personally I resented him, but like most of us I accepted his greatness after retirement.

Duncan was a Ray Allen shot away from 5 with 4 FMVPs. If they come back to win like they did the next year he has, 6 and 4. More FMVPs than anyone but Jordan. As it is he's matched with Lebron, Shaq and Magic. Who cares if he never repeated? I'd take Duncan's 5 over the Piston's repeat anytime.
    Other players on Duncan's tier have had a repeat or 3peat (Mike, Magic, Shaq, Hakeem, Lebron). Hell, Kobe even had a repeat with Gasol. Also by 2013 Duncan was no longer the same player, he had a 2.9 BPM in playoffs.

God damn, 1999 Bulls with all that rest on legs in the shortened season would’ve absolutely sodomized that Spurs team. I’m sure Duncan in his personal life likes that action but good lord.

NBA sixth man of the year

Jordan dipped out instead of taking the challenge of the new lions like Duncan. Perfect timing to leave right before Duncan won his first chip and two years before Shaq/Kobe won theirs.
    Jordan said he would of returned in 1999 for a 1 year deal, the problem was Scottie and Phil Jackson both wanted to leave desperately.

Also, Kobe would always destroy Duncan. So I'm sure Jordan would have his way with him as well.

I would of loved to see 1999 bulls vs 1999 spurs finals, that would of been the toughest opponent of the dynasty.

Duncan got PoutinCoach absolutely TRIGGERED. why doesn't he love MJ?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Lebron choked in the clutch and missed the walk-off attempt - he needed Ray Allen to save him:

Naturally, Jordan MADE his walk-off attempt in his first meeting against Duncan/Popovich to send the game into overtime:

After hitting the walk-off, MJ dominated overtime, including 2 dunks over Duncan:

In his 2nd meeting against Duncan, MJ dominated Duncan even more thoroughly:

It's obvious that Jordan only ever DOMINATED Duncan and guys like Duncan - they weren't "rivals" like they are for Kobe and Lebron.. :.. 6/6
    Why would a rookie be considered a rival to Jordan?

Literally a rookie

I’ve never been a huge Duncan fan, regardless of his take on Jordan.

Bronze medal mustering overrated CENTER, who takes it in his brown eye.

One of his rings doesn’t even hold value (1999) the worst professional NBA season ever, right next to 2012. And then his 2014 ring as a role player. With their best player being Kawhi Leonard. Damn near subtract two chips from his ring count on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by PoutinPippin View Post
    I’ve never been a huge Duncan fan, he's a little close for comfort to my crush Mikey.
    Fixed

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

The fact that these MJ stans are shitting on Duncan for a comment he made 20+ years ago in which he simply said he wasn't a fan of MJ is one of the funniest/pathetic things I've seen on this site. Just shows you how nuts these guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The fact that these MJ stans are shitting on Duncan for a comment he made 20+ years ago in which he simply said he wasn't a fan of MJ is one of the funniest/pathetic things I've seen on this site. Just shows you how nuts these guys are.
    Coach is literally attacking Duncan for apparently being gay (based on a comment his ex-wife said. She clearly had no reason to be bitter though right?), but he's the one who defended MJ's wiener size Coach needs to come out of the closet already, we all know he has an unhealthy amount of lust for MJ. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay (anyone who thinks there is ****ing sucks), I encourage Coach to accept himself for who he is.