Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Duncan on Jordan in 1998. I don't like MJ. I'm just somebody not impressed by him

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    There were quite some in my circle of friends. It was like 50/50 among guys that played themselves. The casuals all were Jordan dickriders, but it's not like everyone was that impressed by him. Personally I resented him, but like most of us I accepted his greatness after retirement.

Duncan was a Ray Allen shot away from 5 with 4 FMVPs. If they come back to win like they did the next year he has, 6 and 4. More FMVPs than anyone but Jordan. As it is he's matched with Lebron, Shaq and Magic. Who cares if he never repeated? I'd take Duncan's 5 over the Piston's repeat anytime.
    I always thought the Heat would have beaten the Spurs in 14 if Ray missed that shot personally. But yeah Duncan has a sterling resume for sure.

Default Re: Duncan on Jordan in 1998. I don't like MJ. I'm just somebody not impressed by him

Patrick: That’s it. You met Jordan?

Duncan: But Jordan’s Jordan. I’ve always respected him but I’ve never been a fan of his.

Patrick: Why aren’t you a fan of Jordan’s?

‘Duncan: Because everybody else is.

Patrick: Oh, so you don’t like Michael Jordan because everybody else does.

Duncan: No, I don’t like Michael Jordan because I don’t like Michael Jordan. You got me wrong there. I respect Michael Jordan.

Patrick: You respect him. You just don’t like him?

Duncan: I’m just somebody that isn’t that impressed by him. There really isn’t anybody in the world I’m impressed with.
    Bear in mind Duncan was 21 at the time so forgive him if he sounds like a retard. I think what he was trying to say is although he respect Jordan's skill, he's indifferent towards Jordan as a person or player.

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

I heard that Jordan made fun of Duncan for being gay.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Monta Ellis MVP View Post
    I heard that Jordan made fun of Duncan for being gay.
    This makes sense

Trash talk king

Banned

I'm not surprised.

Duncan seems like a quiet humble guy and Jordan is... well the complete opposite lol.

College superstar

Nobody who is really apart of the NBA and the basketball industry likes Jordan. He’s just a cash cow backed by very powerful entities so he has brown nosers left and right. But no one really likes dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Nobody who is really apart of the NBA and the basketball industry likes Jordan. He’s just a cash cow backed by very powerful entities so he has brown nosers left and right. But no one really likes dude.
    Being the best has haters in his profession, oh well. It’s 22 years deep of being considered one of the three greatest athletes and best basketball player ever. Bound to rustle some feathers, and get panties in a twist. He’s a legend. Kids still buying his sneakers to this day more than anyone else. Oh and obviously has friends. Peers even. See Oak.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Jordan dipped out instead of taking the challenge of the new lions like Duncan. Perfect timing to leave right before Duncan won his first chip and two years before Shaq/Kobe won theirs.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Did Jordan trash talked Duncan during his rookie season? Saw this article on facebook. He said he respected Jordan, but he doesnt like him as a player. Nobody impressed duncan during that time. Maybe he was a huge fan of big man dominating in the nba.
    Nothing wrong with this. Why does he have to like him? I mean he is kind of a dick. Plus its competition. You dont have to like your competition. I actually prefer this over tbe buddy buddy love fest that goes on today

3ball deleted his comment

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PoutinPippin View Post
    See Oak.
    You bring up a good point. The only friend he has is another dude people can’t stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Jordan dipped out instead of taking the challenge of the new lions like Duncan. Perfect timing to leave right before Duncan won his first chip and two years before Shaq/Kobe won theirs.
    He came back older after both hit their prime / peaks and won multiple rings? Grasping at straws there DaCheezy. Make sense with your terrible troll attempts.

PoutinCoach stay poutin

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    I guess that's why mj completely destroyed Duncan the 2 times he faced him, once without Pippen

Duncan had the kind of athleticism that MJ destroyed

MJ would repeatedly beat Duncan just like Kobe in 08'.... EASILY
    Jordan & Duncan played different positions

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I think what he was trying to say is although he respect Jordan's skill, he's indifferent towards Jordan as a person or player.
    This. Plus MJ has friends all over the NBA space (teammates, rivals, foes, media). Nobody knew Kobe and MJ were close until last week. Ewing just said he and MJ talk all the time. Jerry West said he's friends with MJ. You guys are reading too much into this and projecting your own feelings out there.