Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What's your favorite Metallica or Megadeath song???

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    So I splurged last year and bought myself the reissued deluxe box versions of Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All.

The Justice box includes the first official vinyl release of Metallica's epic 1989 Seattle show from the Damaged Justice Tour that was included as a VHS in the Live Shit: Binge and Purge box set from the early 90s. It is absolute f*cking fire.

F*CKING THRASH.

GOAT concert in all of music imo. At least of any that Ive seen of footage of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Speaking of Megadeth they fired David Elefson after he showed his ***** to a minor. And Jason Newstead turned down Mustaine's offer to get him in the band.
    She isn't a minor though, she's an adult and she was into it with David E so I don't see the problem. Mustaine probably just wanted an excuse to fire Ellefson, they've had bad blood between them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    So I splurged last year and bought myself the reissued deluxe box versions of Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All.

The Justice box includes the first official vinyl release of Metallica's epic 1989 Seattle show from the Damaged Justice Tour that was included as a VHS in the Live Shit: Binge and Purge box set from the early 90s. It is absolute f*cking fire.

F*CKING THRASH.
    Nice. Didn't want to drop 200€ on the box, but the Seattle concert is a great record.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    She isn't a minor though, she's an adult and she was into it with David E so I don't see the problem. Mustaine probably just wanted an excuse to fire Ellefson, they've had bad blood between them in the past.
    Mustaine is a bigot POS, who used his christian believes to get rid of Ellefson. Just a pitiful individual.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post

Mustaine is a bigot POS, who used his christian believes to get rid of Ellefson. Just a pitiful individual.

lol wut

While I don't agree with Ellefson leaving, it just doesn't look good and it's a business decision. Pretty sure Dave was pressured to part ways with David.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    lol wut

While I don't agree with Ellefson leaving, it just doesn't look good and it's a business decision. Pretty sure Dave was pressured to part ways with David.
    Nah Mustaine had a beef going on with him about his lifestyle(oh, the irony) and cited his beliefs on multiple occasions. Not even mad, I just think he should have been more upfront about it.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Unforgiven or fade to black

Saw a basketball once

I'm really into A Secret Place". This is was actually my first Megadeth song. Hell of a strange place to start, but it's on the Woodstock '99 live album, which was my introduction to much of the hard rock/heavy metal world.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

I liked Sandman when it was first released, but oh my god, is it overplayed. I can't stand it now. I hear those opening chords and I'm stabbing for the radio button or telling Alexa NEXT! in a very loud voice.

I actually like Metallicas version of "Whiskey in the Jar". They do a nice job of taking a traditional Irish song and metalling the **** out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    I liked Sandman when it was first released, but oh my god, is it overplayed. I can't stand it now. I hear those opening chords and I'm stabbing for the radio button or telling Alexa NEXT! in a very loud voice.

I actually like Metallicas version of "Whiskey in the Jar". They do a nice job of taking a traditional Irish song and metalling the **** out of it.
    Yeah I agree.

But can we all be serious for a minute?

This is the best single Big 4 studio album:

DONT ****in @ me