Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: John Rogers, the guy MJ lost 1 on 1 to at his CEO camp, wasn't a nobody office wo

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Lol, imagine having to do damage control because of a pick-up game against an investment banker.
    I don’t think you know what damage control really is

AKRON, Ohio -- What happens at LeBron's camp stays at LeBron's camp.

A minor controversy erupted at the LeBron James Skills Academy on Monday night when two videographers recorded a pickup game in which Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunked on James.

Gary Parrish reported on CBSSports.com that a Nike representative confiscated tapes of the dunk after conferring with James.

Ryan Miller, who videotaped the dunk and had his tape confiscated, detailed the events to CBSSports.com.

"[Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt] just said, 'We have to take your tape,' " Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

Miller, who is a freelancer, was at the camp in part for ESPNU. He also was getting material for Syracuse.com. Miller, who attended Syracuse, had been part of ESPNU's Campus Connection program, which uses college students to report on various sports events at their campuses. The tape that was confiscated belonged to Miller, not ESPN, and he is not an ESPN employee.

Miller said he had been filming all day and had his tapes confiscated only after Crawford's dunk over James.

"LeBron called Lynn over and told him something," Miller told CBSSports.com. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.' "

Minutes later, Miller said Merritt demanded his tape.

"There's nothing I can think of besides LeBron just not wanting it online," Miller told CBSSports.com. "It's a good story to tell people, I guess. But then again, I'm kind of pissed. I lost my tape."

A spokesman for James said he had no comment.

The camp features 80 top basketball prospects from around the nation.

Crawford said his dunk happened in the first 20 minutes of a game that lasted about two hours and did not prompt any reaction from James.

"We just went on playing," Crawford said Wednesday. "It was exciting just to be playing on the same court as him. I can see why he is so great at what he does."

In an interview on "ESPN First Take" on Thursday, Crawford said he didn't realize the magnitude of his feat until he noticed the reaction of other players at the camp.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4315071

Now that is damage control.

Default Re: John Rogers, the guy MJ lost 1 on 1 to at his CEO camp, wasn't a nobody office wo

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post

No footage, no occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove View Post
    Is it worse than getting beat by a 5’8 puerto rican in the nba finals?
    AT least LeBron got beat one time by elite NBA talent. This Rogers guy hits on his ass all day on the computer.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LeCroix View Post
    Video proofs?
    Why do I have to prove anything to you when Google exists?

Serious playground baller Iverson3's Avatar

Default Re: John Rogers, the guy MJ lost 1v1 to at his CEO camp, wasn't ur average office wor

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY View Post
    https://streamable.com/8wg40u
    we all seen the clip, "Oh NO!" but how many knows the story behind the man that beat Jordan 1 on 1?

he's got his own wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Rogers_Jr.

John W. Rogers Jr, the 2nd of his name, son of Tuskeegee airman, grandson of Black Wall Street, player of D1 baskettball, founder of billionaire investment fund, and breaker of Jordan's ankles
    They need to make a movie about him.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post

This was the funniest shit hahahhahha

The guys insecurities are just insane...Still to this day.

A fvcking kid dunked on him and he melted

I think it’s funny people really count this as a loss lol More like a wake a wish moment

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    Don't forget that he is a midget.

Giving a lecture about beating MJ

Fatality

Banned

This thread bump just SCREAMS desperation from Constipation. His hero is still inadequate and can't stand on his own record, so he's left with resorting to trying to discredit someone who retired 20 years ago.

Pa the tic

I heard they are planning to make a movie of him.

Gottem

Banned

Damn, look at this intimidating BEAST. Who wouldn't be scared if this guy challenged them to a game of 1-on-1?

Default Re: John Rogers, the guy MJ lost 1v1 to at his CEO camp, wasn't ur average office wor

Butthurt mikey mythologists not even trying to dispute it anymore. Would just resort to ad hominem against whoever bumps this kind of thread.

John Rogers was a better scorer than Bran

Hehehehehe