Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Default Re: why doesn't Stephen Curry have any iconic playoff moments?

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    so, subconsciously, Stephen Curry never wanted to be the FMVP, and he's always considered the achievements/accomplishment made, in the playoffs, are overrated?
    he was visually disappointed during both of Kevins FMVP ceremonies, not so much Andre's as I feel Stephen accepted his subpar performance vs Dellavedova. 2019 was his best chance with Kevin out but once again he was manhandled by another role player in Fred Van Vleet. subconsciously he wants to be the man but even deeper (dream inside a dream) he is terrified to do what it takes. which is why we see players like him and Kawhi sit out for exponential amount of time, specifically to avoid superstar criticism. only to return when the timing and roster talent is fitted in their favor

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    he was visually disappointed during both of Kevins FMVP ceremonies, not so much Andre's as I feel Stephen accepted his subpar performance vs Dellavedova. 2019 was his best chance with Kevin out but once again he was manhandled by another role player in Fred Van Vleet. subconsciously he wants to be the man but even deeper (dream inside a dream) he is terrified to do what it takes. which is why we see players like him and Kawhi sit out for exponential amount of time, specifically to avoid superstar criticism. only to return when the timing and roster talent is fitted in their favor
    Any proof to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Any proof to this?
    yes if you search for some of the older threads on realgm Stephen's facial insecurity during the FMVP awards were a hot topic, the loss of excitement after the championship turned sour as Durant was named FMVP. but more notably most remember the 2017 X-mas game loss, Stephen was nearly on the verge of tears in the post game interview after Steve Kerr subbed him out in crunch time for being a liability on defense

If you look closely at Warriors bench during Kyries last shot over Klay, you can see Stephen unable to even watch the entire possession with his head in his lap

Here is another example of him being frustrated getting subbed out while Durant gets subbed in, even during blowout wins

https://streamable.com/5bhgr

Good college starter

The only reason Curry wouldn't have any iconic playoffs moments for someone if they actually watched the playoffs is if they were like the OP: a troll desperately insecure in his idolization of an inferior player.

NBA All-star

well Curry and Leonard are 2 very different case. With Curry, there's this false sense of loyalty, as if the admission of something absolves you from the responsibilities. Curry openly welcomed Kevin Durant after losing in the finals, instead of being neutral and be his own company man, again, as if this equates to some sort of team chemistry by abilities instead of sound fundamental basketball. Leonard switched franchise and went to the NBA finals.

and regarding to Andre winning the FMVP over Curry, I can only say the resentment most certainly was carried quite deep (dream inside a dream), because it seems as if they believe that prior going into the finals, they were the underdog, and they beat out Lebron, like a Cinderella story. And if your team was the underdog and you couldn't even step up enough to secure the FMVP, imagine the type of man he is. As to the rational thoughts of the Warriors were favored due to Love and Irvings' injury. I can say I've seen the front office and coaching staff addressing such possibility, but never from the core players of Curry/Green/Thompson/Iggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    The only reason Curry wouldn't have any iconic playoffs moments for someone if they actually watched the playoffs is if they were like the OP: a troll desperately insecure in his idolization of an inferior player.

a 3rd quarter half court heave in the first round is a Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment. well, i can only say thank you for supporting my point even further.

NBA All-star

a 3rd quarter half court heave in the first round is a Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment. well, i can only say thank you for supporting my point even further.
    I suppose it sold clothes and shoes because the forms weren't downright incorrect. however, imagine this being brought up in front of a sports drink marketing executive.

Good college starter

Oh that's just an appetizer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Curry has the highest scoring overtime in the history of the game. And he did it in a big playoff game on the road after coming back from injury

stop beating a dead horse guys. we've already seen that dingo curry doesnt even come close to goatboy #23

to think some people here actually tried to convince us that curry actually had a chance. must be some type of brain defect

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Curry has the highest scoring overtime in the history of the game. And he did it in a big playoff game on the road after coming back from injury

This. Also, putting up 47 in last year's finals with no KD and no Klay, while still dealing with criticism that he doesn't "step up" in big moments. While they lost that game, it indeed was a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post

OP asks for an iconic playoff moment and THAT'S what he comes up with Yeesh

I thought he had a nice pass to Klay in game 6 against OKC

3-time NBA All-Star

I was never a steph fan. I always felt that if you take away the hundreds of moving screens he gets he wouldnt be nearly as effective. Recently Ive soften a bit on that stance though. In in his absence ive kind of missed him and the warriors. They bring alot of excitement to the game. Plus alot of players rely heavily on screens in this era. Its just part of the game and smart to be honest. Yeah its a bit less manly and takes away from head to head matchups a bit but coaches and teams do a really good job at setting screens to either free up an offensive player or get them on a worse defender. Why go iso against a great defender thats gonna make it hard for you to get a good look when you dont have to?

One thing alot of you guys are missing about steph and the warriors is how effective there off ball running around screens style is. Its extremely taxing on defences and extremely difficult to defend. Steph's unselfishness allows for this system to be as effectively as it is. He could be more selfish and demand to have the ball in his hands more to create and increase his stats like james harden or luka does but he knows this isnt optimal for winning. Its kind of hard dissing him for that so i no longer do. That said im still not a huge fan. I just dont dislike him anymore and have more respect for him than i used to.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    OP asks for an iconic playoff moment and THAT'S what he comes up with Yeesh

So many people showing how lost they are. You need a map.