Page 1 of 103 12341151101 ... LastLast
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Question why doesn't Stephen Curry have any iconic playoff moments?

I was troubling myself earlier to think of some off the top of my head. even in their earlier years 22yo Kobe had the lob to Shaq, 24yo MJ had his 60pts vs Boston, 22yo Lebron with his g5 Detroit or g7 50 points vs Boston. Curry has..... the regular season nail biter vs OKC?

I don't know, I feel like at 32 years of age Stephen would have more notable playoff moments. The only one that comes to mind his the "i'm here, i'm back" game vs Blazers. A series were the Warriors were already up 2-1 without him, the same playoffs they went on to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals

NBA All-star

Default Re: why doesn't Stephen Curry have any iconic playoff moments?

if you'd like, you can have a mod re-edit the title as "why doesn't Stephen Curry have any off the ball movements"

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    if you'd like, you can have a mod re-edit the title as "why doesn't Stephen Curry have any off the ball movements"
    stephen has always been quite exceptional at running around his teammates screens. not so much in the playoffs however when physicality picks up

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    stephen has always been quite exceptional at running around his teammates screens. not so much in the playoffs however when physicality picks up
    in short, I also consider the ability to draw fouls a product of off the ball movement

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Playoffs bring out the best or worst in a player. Steph can never be considered an all time great due to getting outperformed/carried by many of his teammates on a regular basis. Many believe he was only the 5th most important player during the Durant era behind of course Kd, klay, draymond and Iggy.

Hes easily the worst multiple time MVP winner in any sport and arguably the most overrated athlete of all time.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

One of the best regular season players of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    One of the best regular season players of all time.
    That's going too far

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Playoffs bring out the best or worst in a player. Steph can never be considered an all time great due to getting outperformed/carried by many of his teammates on a regular basis. Many believe he was only the 5th most important player during the Durant era behind of course Kd, klay, draymond and Iggy.

Hes easily the worst multiple time MVP winner in any sport and arguably the most overrated athlete of all time.
    i agree with you AlternativeAcc. as a 2x MVP Stephen as of right now seems to be on the playoff level of Steve Nash or the likes of. at least in terms of regular season vs playoff productivity dropoff. perhaps it's his nervous behavior to shy away from big pressure moments, he doesn't really have that "it" factor. a lot of people say his streaky scoring only tends to come when his team is in the lead, in the regular season, even more so during home games. i tend to agree with them

NBA All-star

To me, he's just someone who takes advantages of loopholes, hence, a glorified Agent Smith from the Matrix. And from their perspective, the uneven talent possessed by men in itself is a loophole, yet they perish as the level of satisfaction one can achieve can quite easily be attained at an even point.

also, a troll is in reality, one who is conducting the experiment of null hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    To me, he's just someone who takes advantages of loopholes, hence, a glorified Agent Smith from the Matrix. And from their perspective, the uneven talent possessed by men in itself is a loophole, yet they perish as the level of satisfaction one can achieve can quite easily be attained at an even point.

also, a troll is in reality, one who is conducting the experiment of null hypothesis.
    fascinating observation, however i think James Harden wins the award for best loophole exploiter. which in itself is ironic considering James and Stephen both have remarkable regular seasons moments of shine, yet very little post season eye appeal.

NBA All-star

i agree with you AlternativeAcc. as a 2x MVP Stephen as of right now seems to be on the playoff level of Steve Nash or the likes of. at least in terms of regular season vs playoff productivity dropoff. perhaps it's his nervous behavior to shy away from big pressure moments, he doesn't really have that "it" factor. a lot of people say his streaky scoring only tends to come when his team is in the lead, in the regular season, even more so during home games. i tend to agree with them
    If you understand the game, and not the people, at some point, the people who takes up the game will abandon you nonetheless, as for the Steve Nash comparison, I could hardly conclude them to be the same when one is constantly trying to prevent his teammates from getting injured, while the other, for what's been published here on insidehoops, is consistently bickering with his headcoach because he gets reminded yearly during the post, everyone can during the regular season.

It's a mixture of physical weakness, one dimensional style, and like you mentioned beta/shy personality

I don't think it's fair to say it all stems from being a mental midget, the physical problems are just as important in recognizing why curry is such a playoff failure

NBA All-star

fascinating observation, however i think James Harden wins the award for best loophole exploiter. which in itself is ironic considering James and Stephen both have remarkable regular seasons moments of shine, yet very little post season eye appeal.
    their progression by age sets them quite far apart from here. how is that important? "just because a man is driving the boat, it doesn't automatically make him the captain"

It's a mixture of physical weakness, one dimensional style, and like you mentioned beta/shy personality

I don't think it's fair to say it all stems from being a mental midget, the physical problems are just as important in recognizing why curry is such a playoff failure
    it seems a lot of recognised agreement we all share is Stephens overall lack of masculinity or testosterone in general. during the playoffs when physicality picks up and refs swallow their whistle, Stephen seems to shy away from running around screens as often and look to get open. perhaps avoiding being elbowed in the rib cage or scratched on his arms. playoff legends like Shaq, Hakeem and Lebron tend to adapt and get better as physicality against them rises

NBA All-star

it seems a lot of recognised agreement we all share is Stephens overall lack of masculinity or testosterone in general. during the playoffs when physicality picks up and refs swallow their whistle, Stephen seems to shy away from running around screens as often and look to get open. perhaps avoiding being elbowed in the rib cage or scratched on his arms. playoff legends like Shaq, Hakeem and Lebron tend to adapt and get better as physicality against them rises
    so, subconsciously, Stephen Curry never wanted to be the FMVP, and he's always considered the achievements/accomplishment made, in the playoffs, are overrated?