Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950 LastLast

Default Re: What stocks would be good to invest in now?

Cutting down on my doge loss. Was down $1400 now I'm down $550. Slowly but surely. Just sold on that HUGE surge. Shit happened in one second I barely caught it I'm like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Best lesson I have learned is to not look too deeply into individual trades but rather to treat your portfolio as a whole. Is your portfolio value growing up over time? If so, you are doing something right. You want to continue that growth pattern over years and try to make it more effective over time as you gain more experience and learn along the way. It's a process to grow yourself as your portfolio grows from your doing.

If your portfolio is flat or continuously losing value then you are doing something wrong and need to change your gameplan. Always think in the big picture and long run. That will help you not regret pulling out too early or too late - you want to minimize regret, and that's one way how.
    Ya. I'm no longer beating myself up over taking small profits that could have been larger if I had held. I treat it as profit is profit.

You get REAL hurt quick if you don't call profits. Sometimes missing the plane to the moon is great because you could be stuck BAGHOLDING if it dips intensively.

Right now I liquidated my portfolio from about 15 stocks to 4.

NIO - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    PLUG - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    TSM - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    FSLY - Waiting to call profits, down $20

I'm swinging crypto on $4100 buying power to just get my recent losses then it's back to being conservative. However, I believe I paid for the education and experience taught.

Literally watching the charts all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    That was more than a year ago - I was still new and dipping my toes in.

I do a lot of buying low and selling high. I no longer regret over selling too early or too late. I used to do that a lot, but since couple months ago I began to treat my portfolio as a whole. I sometimes set a sell price as soon as I buy low. Depends on the stock and price it's at.
    Glad you realize you were a moron and I'm here to tell you that you still are. If you look back at those posts you will see I told you to hold because in six months you would have made a killing return wise. But then again, i'm talking to someone who invests lunch money so it's not changing much besides how complicated your tax return is.

Best part of conversing on the internet is being able to see who knows what they're talking about and who's an idiot in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Glad you realize you were a moron and I'm here to tell you that you still are. If you look back at those posts you will see I told you to hold because in six months you would have made a killing return wise. But then again, i'm talking to someone who invests lunch money so it's not changing much besides how complicated your tax return is.

Best part of conversing on the internet is being able to see who knows what they're talking about and who's an idiot in hindsight.
    Play nice! It's all good. We're such a small, close, community to be beating each other up like that. We should all continue to give each other guidance and give support when needed.

Anyone think AMC and GME rug will be pulled anytime soon? I think shorts are in danger because it would have happened by now......

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post

Sounds like someone is in a bad mood. I will leave you alone to your fuming in your corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz View Post
    Play nice! It's all good. We're such a small, close, community to be beating each other up like that. We should all continue to give each other guidance and give support when needed.

Anyone think AMC and GME rug will be pulled anytime soon? I think shorts are in danger because it would have happened by now......
    I don't know - seems like big fishes are involved and you never know when they decide to sell. It's not just wsb people but also institutions/hedge-funds playing each other. Probably too late to buy now at the high without adverse risk, but if you got in last week at 15-16, you are in a good position. I got couple AMC for $28 that I'm hoping hits $50 and selling then.

AMC is supposed to run if the Ape Community continues to hold strong. I'm not sure about GME though.

Ya. I'm no longer beating myself up over taking small profits that could have been larger if I had held. I treat it as profit is profit.

You get REAL hurt quick if you don't call profits. Sometimes missing the plane to the moon is great because you could be stuck BAGHOLDING if it dips intensively.

Right now I liquidated my portfolio from about 15 stocks to 4.

NIO - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    PLUG - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    TSM - HOLDING for the next 5 years
    FSLY - Waiting to call profits, down $20

I'm swinging crypto on $4100 buying power to just get my recent losses then it's back to being conservative. However, I believe I paid for the education and experience taught.

Literally watching the charts all day.
    What do you know about NIO that I don't? I was holding NIO too but I finally liquidated all my NIO holdings for ETH

I like WTER but wtf do I know right ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by PullupJay View Post
    AMC hodler?

Banned

I'm hearing wwe is preparing to be sold to a major corporation like Disney or some other entity. I think it would only cause stocks to rise in the short term. dunno about 2 years from now

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth_griffin View Post
    I'm hearing wwe is preparing to be sold to a major corporation like Disney or some other entity. I think it would only cause stocks to rise in the short term. dunno about 2 years from now
    The new dragon to Vince Nick Khan (not related to AEW's Khan Family) has been doing great job making profits including mass layoffs for personnel, both wrestlers and staffs. They have been trying to inflate WWE to look as big as possible. Their weekly TV products, especially Monday Night Raw, have been terrible and ratings have been dropping for many years though.

NBC, who has already made a deal with WWE in WWE Network moving into Peacock streaming service, could be the buyer.

if u still dont have AMC right now, i dunno what to say about u.

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin View Post
    if u still dont have AMC right now, i dunno what to say about u.
    I can sleep knowing my investments are not driven by made-up demand. I did support AMC this weekend though -- went and watched Cruella with the wife which was pretty good.