Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Have to go unknown actor to play somebody living a public life currently. Known actors get distracting. I would like to see how they did the hair though.
    I thought Cuba Gooding did OJ very well. So that's not always true.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

It be fair It’s so offputting I usually don’t watch the projects to begin with so you might be right. Same reason I couldn’t watch winning time. I know, Pat Riley too well to watch Adrian Brody play him. But at the same time, the magic and Kareem actors were distracting. I just have trouble with current people being played by someone else I think. I saw a good scene between Spencer, Haywood and Kareem and had trouble not seeing Haywood as Avon Barksdale from the wire

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by post View Post
    Man, this pic just encapsulates the 90s and race relations.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Apparently they burned a cross on dominique Wilkins family's home because he didn't go to their state college. That's pretty crazy @ 3:33.

And that's crazy Bill Russell said " I played for the Celtics I didn't play for Boston". old school irish and Italian American people are very racist. Jewish like sterling might be worse though.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    And that's crazy Bill Russell said " I played for the Celtics I didn't play for Boston". old school irish and Italian American people are very racist. Jewish like sterling might be worse though.
    It's true though that many jewish people were highly involved in the civil acts and anti-apartheid movement. None of those things would have happened without jewish people.

They were also highly involved in drug sales, slumlording, loan sharking and other not so good things for the black community.

A complicated relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    It's true though that many jewish people were highly involved in the civil acts and anti-apartheid movement. None of those things would have happened without jewish people.

They were also highly involved in drug sales, slumlording, loan sharking and other not so good things for the black community.

A complicated relationship.
    They are not only racist towards black people but anyone thats not them. Like sterling said... they think were all on a lower level.

Very good NBA starter

They are not only racist towards black people but anyone thats not them. Like sterling said... they think were all on a lower level.
    It's complicated, but ultimately there's a reason imo that Freud was jewish, and also basically the only psychologist who matters.

They're a neurotic people, which best fits "just because you're paranoid, don't mean people aren't out to get you". Can't isolate yourself for 2000 years and not become a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    It's complicated, but ultimately there's a reason imo that Freud was jewish, and also basically the only psychologist who matters.

They're a neurotic people, which best fits "just because you're paranoid, don't mean people aren't out to get you". Can't isolate yourself for 2000 years and not become a bit weird.
    I used to have a few jewish friends in college that joked about the nba draft being a slave auction. First time I ever heard that notion.

Very good NBA starter

I used to have a few jewish friends in college that joked about the nba draft being a slave auction. First time I ever heard that notion.
    Yeah, they can be quite direct. Ever been to Israel? They're not exactly politically correct.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

We are all a little racist and tribal. It'd be easier if we didn't need to have a champion, an oppressor and a victim. One of these days maybe we'll get to the point we can realize the world isn't perfect and not let it bother us so much unless it directly affects us