Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    What if you have Jewish parents but you're an atheist, or you convert to another religion altogether, are you still considered Jewish? And is Judaism the only faith to double as an ethnicity, or do other religions like Christianity and Islam qualify too?
    They'd still be considered jewish in ethnicity. Judaism doesn't double as ethnicity. The faith is judaism, the ethnicity is jewish. The confusion often comes because both those who believe in Judaism but not ethnically jewish and those are ethnically jewish are both called jews. Just like if we call everyone in the America continent "American", there'll be some confusion too.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

Whatever you call their "ethnicity" when the 2020 Census is done.....the jewish people in question will be listed as white...because they are. The black ones...will be listed as black.

Ethnicity is largely cultural.

Sure you can view them as white as well if you want. That's also reasonable. Native American are also called Indian. Both are reasonable.

Those are two words for the same thing(not that they should be). White and Jewish are not two words for the same thing.

it really is, just from different perspective.

Yea. The fictional one.

That said the entire concept of race is kinda fabricated but as it is?

Donald Sterling is white.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

White is a general term as is Black. It’s used to cover many different countries of people in a non specific manner. Getting more specific would be specifying what region or country someone is from. The confusing part is the term Jewish can be used to describe a religion and or a region of people. For example if we took a genetic sample of people in Jerusalem we would be able to find common themes in regions which they came from. They would be Jewish people by both heritage and religion, and can still be referred to as White as a more general description.

And Donald sterling is white.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Sure you can view them as white as well if you want. That's also reasonable. Native American are also called Indian. Both are reasonable.
    A better correlation would be Hispanic and Latin. One being European in culture and the other being South American. Both are "Spanish" but one can and usually will identify as white 100% of the time; the other may be able to identify as white when convenient and only when the physical traits allow.

The Native American/Indian thing really is in no way analogous with your point; but I'm following your logic otherwise

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Seriously.....how is this guy not a movie character?

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Donald Tokowitz is Hilarious ? No. Not at all.

Is his behavior part of a larger study into why race relations between blacks and Jews are at an all time low DESPITE and perhaps even partially BECAUSE of the nonstop lying to incite racial tension between black and white by the US media ? Maybe. He is legendary for his racism in the housing rental markets amongst black Los Angeles tenants and black LA lawyers.

Men like Sterling(Tokowitz) have allowed their blinding wealth, and insane lifestyles, to insulate them from just how dangerous their endemic cultural racism against anyone outside their ingroup, can harm the long term prospects of their own people, when out in the open due to the ubiquity of modern technology.

In the past when Donald was a young man, all of his insane racist and despicable acts were privy only to courtrooms, and people involved in the cases, since the local LA media safeguarded him from excessive exposure to the masses.

But modern technology has made it possible for every single person to record/film, and most importantly PUBLISH anything. Guys like Donald need to control their own insanity to save the future of their own community.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 02-29-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Donald Tokowitz is Hilarious ? No. Not at all.

Is his behavior part of a larger study into why race relations between blacks and Jews are at an all time low DESPITE and perhaps even partially BECAUSE of the nonstop lying to incite racial tension between black and white by the US media ? Maybe. He is legendary for his racism in the housing rental markets amongst black Los Angeles tenants and black LA lawyers.

Men like Sterling(Tokowitz) have allowed their blinding wealth, and insane lifestyles, to insulate them from just how dangerous their endemic cultural racism against anyone outside their ingroup, can harm the long term prospects of their own people, when out in the open due to the ubiquity of modern technology.

In the past when Donald was a young man, all of his insane racist and despicable acts were privy only to courtrooms, and people involved in the cases, since the local LA media safeguarded him from excessive exposure to the masses.

But modern technology has made it possible for every single person to record/film, and most importantly PUBLISH anything. Guys like Donald need to control their own insanity to save the future of their own community.
    It absolutely is hilarious. Sorry to hear about the experiences people had if they were treated unjustly by this dude - fortunately he got his just deserts and now he's a laughingstock, rightfully so.

In my experience jews stick to their own and help their own nothing wrong with that - but they also support minorities. And my guess is that's because they've had the shoe on that foot so many times.

I had an aunt who was prejudiced as fuck against jews anti-Israel swallowed all the propaganda disliked all jews "zionists" and she completely changed her tune when she got a little experience and kept being proven wrong and shown how stupid she was firsthand. Times have changed.

Now its just about money. That's the power-game and that's everything. Thats the only thing the elites care about in every country - they dont care about poor whites or poor jews or none of that. Race is borderline irrelevant everywhere except the U.S.

nowadays you dont care if the neighbor moving in is white or black or asian or any race if they're getting money and have a bit of class - you just dont want poor or ghetto shit in your neighborhood loud fights at night every weekend stabbings and shootings shit like that - and thats how it is everywhere I'd assume.
    Last edited by red1; 02-29-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33 View Post
    Black mark on Stern's legacy. Knowing and being friendly with Sterling and letting him get away with it for decades.
    The other NBA owners need to be blamed as well. They're the "good 'ol boys" who allowed Sterling to buy the Clippers in the first place, and then looked the other way while he was dodging housing discrimination lawsuits and refusing to invest any money at all to try to make his team competitive.

So Ed O’Neil(Al Bundy) is playing Donald in a mini series on fx. That could be….something.