Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilarious?

His racism was so open and refined. Hes like a villain in a Tarantino movie.....

In the original, shorter tape released Friday by the TMZ website, which has caused a storm in the United States, Sterling is heard at a game complaining to his black-Mexican girlfriend, V. Stiviano, after seeing that sheÂ’d posted Instagrams of herself with black former basketball star Magic Johnson. “Don’t bring black people” to the Clippers games, he tells her. “It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?”

In the new, 15-minute tape released Sunday by the U.S. website Deadspin, Sterling, 80, is heard telling Stiviano, 38, “You think I’m a racist ” which Stiviano denies. He insists that that’s what she thinks, that he has an “evil heart,” to which she replies, “I don’t think so. I think you have an amazing heart, honey, I think the people around you have poison mind, and have a way of thinking.”
    At that point Sterling - born to American Jewish immigrant parents as Donald Tokowitz – seemingly tries to defend his views by putting them in an international context, singling out how blacks are treated in Israel.
    Sterling: “It’s the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs.”
    Stiviano: “So you have to treat them like that too?”
    Sterling: “The white Jews, there’s white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?”
    Stiviano: “Are are the black Jews less than the white Jews?”
    Sterling: “A hundred percent, fifty, a hundred percent.”
    Stiviano: “And is that right?”
    Sterling: “It isn’t a question – we don’t evaluate what’s right and wrong, we live in a society. We live in a culture. We have to live within that culture.”

Soon Stiviano brings up the Holocaust, and Sterling seems to get upset. She says she would never tell a person that she wasn’t bringing them to a game because of their “race or color or culture.” Then she adds, “ItÂ’s like saying, ‘Let’s just persecute and kill all of the Jews.”
    Sterling: “Oh, it’s the same thing, right?”
    Stiviano: “Isn’t it wrong? Wasn’t it wrong then? With the Holocaust? And you’re Jewish, you understand discrimination.”
    Sterling: “You’re a mental case, you’re really a mental case. The Holocaust, we’re comparing with ”
    Stiviano: “Racism! Discrimination.”
    Sterling: “There’s no racism here. If you don’t want to be … walking … into a basketball game with a certain … person, is that racism?”

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

In a 1983 incident, prospective Clippers coaching candidate Rollie Massimino says that Sterling used the N-word in an impromptu interview at LAX (via Jeff Pearlman):
    “Here’s this guy, and he has this blonde bimbo with him, they have a bottle of champagne, they’re tanked. And Don looks at me and he says, ‘I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s.’”

“[Sterling] said, 'Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players.' And I was shocked. And he looked at me and said, ‘Do you think that’s a racist statement?' I said, 'Absolutely. That’s plantation mentality.'"

I remember a story on Brand, Corey Maggette, and others complaining Donald would bring dates to the lockerroom to look over them changing. Saying shitl ike "Look at those beautiful black bodies".

Guy has to hold the crown for unintentional old white guy humor. Bill had it right....you can live too long:

Default Re: Now that the heat is off can we all acknowledge that Donald Sterling was hilariou

Seriously.....how is this guy not a movie character?

“Well, I fool around sometimes. I do. When a girl seduces me and tells all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me.
    When I’m in a limo she takes all of her clothes [sic] . The limo driver says what’s going on. And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Koon’s house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.”

Opposing counsel: "Sir, the question was, ‘Is this your handwriting?’ "

"He has AIDS!"

Im amazed there were people not getting why he couldnt stay an owner. Even if you dont understand how personal opinions should be used to take your team...you have to know the Clippers were doomed with him(even more than in the previous 30 years). Jerry West was talking people outta playing for him 10 years earlier:

I remember when he was going to leave the Lakers, and I’ve never really mentioned this to anyone. He was going to come and sign with the Clippers, who I’m now involved with as a consultant. And I told him, “Kobe, under no circumstances can you do this.” And he was mad at everyone at the Lakers, the owner, everyone else. I said, “Kobe you can’t go play with the Clippers. You can’t play for that owner. Period.” We had two conversations about. And he supposedly made a commitment to the Clippers. And after the last one, we talked the last time. But there’s so many things that we talked about as he was just seeking information. His parents were with him for a while. And, honestly, I felt like his father for two years. I don’t know if I can get over this. I really don’t.

And thats when it was just a kinda open secret how he was.

After all that? They were gonna lose every free agent quest by every player sought after enough to have options. The franchise was DONE with even potentially building good teams in the player movement era. If they didnt make him sell they just become a 22 win team till he died. Who does that help?

He got 2 billion....the league got a way better owner....and the franchise and fans can actually build something lasting instead of knowing everyone is gonna leave given the chance.

Win win. But its still funny.

Winning>Stats

Black mark on Stern's legacy. Knowing and being friendly with Sterling and letting him get away with it for decades.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

His tone in the phone recordings was pretty hilarious. It felt like some sort of very bad parody. His ideas are so ridiculous and warped yet he’s so adamant about them, combined with his weak whining voice, it’s funny. To be honest he is like a real life Chappell Show character.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    His tone in the phone recordings was pretty hilarious. It felt like some sort of very bad parody. His ideas are so ridiculous and warped yet he’s so adamant about them, combined with his weak whining voice, it’s funny. To be honest he is like a real life Chappell Show character.

that is the way billions of people still think in this world. Go over to asia, china, japan, russia and the like... that is exactly how they think.

Always felt bad for laughing at the "He's got aids" line. The way Sterling said it was like, "I love Magic. He's got a big personality and has done a lot for LA. Stand up guy...HES GOT AIDS!!!" Wait what

Hearing rumors about Sterling was always like...no way. That can't be true, can it? He's an owner of a team in a league where 95% of the players are black. Then you hear those recordings and realize the guy is deluded. Racist and deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    that is the way billions of people still think in this world. Go over to asia, china, japan, russia and the like... that is exactly how they think.
    No need to look overseas. That's the way a significant portion of ISH thinks.

“Well, I fool around sometimes. I do. When a girl seduces me and tells all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me.
    When I’m in a limo she takes all of her clothes [sic] . The limo driver says what’s going on. And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Koon’s house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.”

Opposing counsel: "Sir, the question was, ‘Is this your handwriting?’ "
    I can't imagine a movie not being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    "He has AIDS!"

I remember Magic tweeting out how he heard that Sterling doesn't want him at Staples anymore blah...blah.. blah..

The very first reply to that tweet I saw said............ 'Why would he? You have AIDS.

I couldn't help but LOL after reading that. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    No need to look overseas. That's the way a significant portion of ISH thinks.
    dude your logo tricked the hell out of me i just slapped by computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    dude your logo tricked the hell out of me i just slapped by computer screen.

yeah why is this guy in basketball? to be a demon? GTFO Sterling