Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default New Year new stupid questions.

Create the best superteam core out of 3 of these these players with the goal of winning 75 games and the title next year:

Giannis
    Kyrie
    Klay Thompson(100%)
    Luka
    Durant(100%)
    Embiid
    Kat
    Trae Young
    Leonard(no load management)
    Anthony Davis
    Jimmy Butler
    Lillard
    Jokic
    George
    Harden

What combo do you think would gel fast enough to just wreck the league coast to coast given solid role players?

Coach is Dantoni starting 5 is:

Nash
    Reggie Miller
    Peja
    Dirk
    Brook Lopez(current Splash mountain version)

6th man is Antione Walker

Average bench otherwise

Coach is Pop starting 5 is:

Gary Payton
    Wade
    Ron Artest
    Kevin Garnett
    Draymond

6th man Doug Christie

Average bench otherwise

You have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you bet it on?

Would you rather let Stalker kick you in the chest 5 times in whatever method he chooses while you sit strapped upright to an office chair or have every text you sent in the 2010s posted online?

4. Would you rather have Kobe(current) as your teams head coach with prime Lebron as its best player or Lebron(current) as your teams head coach with prime Kobe as its best player? I feel like both have potential for disaster.

Your life is on the line.

James Harden has to score 75....and he knows whats at risk but isnt allowed to tell anyone.

or

Ben Simmons has to score 20 but he doesnt know anything about it.

Rockets play the Hawks. 76ers play the Suns.

Who do you put your life in the hands of?

Default Re: New Year new stupid questions.

1) I think you have to put Klay on every possible team but to answer the question I would go with Kawhi, Jokic, Klay. Kawhi being the alpha leader automatic bucket at any time and clutch scorer. Jokic being the extremely skilled passing big whose scoring with be elevated PnRing off Kawhi and having the threat and spacing of Klay to dish out to. Weakness here being rim protection but we're just talking about the core here, not the role playing help at the 5. I think that core would gel great, personality wise as well.

2) Pop's team would have the edge I think but in a 7 game series it can go either way.

3) Definitely Stalker kicking me in my chest

4) Bran would have Kobe shipped out before trade deadline in both scenarios.

I

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

1. Durant, Kawhi, Klay
    2. Pop
    3. Who?
    4. Kobe, coach; Lebron, player
    5. Harden

Local High School Star

1. Durant, Giannis, AD. Unstoppable 3-5. It's easy enough to find role player guards/wings that can shoot or play D. We know that AD can gel with a star and KD can gel with a 73 win team. Giannis, who knows? But I'd give it a go.

2. Pop's team crushes it.

3. Pass

4. Give me prime LeBron. I actually think Kobe has the better understanding of the game and also wouldn't mind letting LeBron do a lot. Plus prime LeBron is significantly better than prime Kobe which is what matters most.

5. Harden easily. Simmons doesn't get to 20 very much. I'd give Harden a 50/50 shot. Assuming he doesn't just "know what's at risk" but also cares. I think he'd care enough and he'd have fun saving my life.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toine=MVP
    1. Durant, Giannis, AD. Unstoppable 3-5. It's easy enough to find role player guards/wings that can shoot or play D. We know that AD can gel with a star and KD can gel with a 73 win team. Giannis, who knows? But I'd give it a go.

2. Pop's team crushes it.

3. Pass

4. Give me prime LeBron. I actually think Kobe has the better understanding of the game and also wouldn't mind letting LeBron do a lot. Plus prime LeBron is significantly better than prime Kobe which is what matters most.

5. Harden easily. Simmons doesn't get to 20 very much. I'd give Harden a 50/50 shot. Assuming he doesn't just "know what's at risk" but also cares. I think he'd care enough and he'd have fun saving my life.
    Man I was about to answer the same thing but then I remembered Rockets vs Spurs Game 1 in 2017 where the Rockets absolutely blew the Spurs out of the water. It was one of Pop's most embarrassing losses, you could see it in his face. The Spurs won in 6 but still 6 is pretty close. A few lucky shots here or there and it could go either way and blaze gave D'Antoni the exact type of team he thrives with. But yeah Pop would still have the edge with his gritty yet skilled team in the OP.

I would be worried that if he had his shot going they would be up by too much to leave him in the game if he isn

Giannis, Embiid, Leonard. Crazy defense.

Pop's team. Prime Wade is feasting.

Leak the texts. Have nothing to hide.

Kobe coaches, LeBron plays.

Obviously Simmons scoring 20. Harden isn't playing in the 4th against the Hawks. It wouldn't be a national TV game so the Rockets would have no reason to leave him in.

Giannis Embiid Kawhi

Shutdown everyone and have 3 different ways to score