Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Default Re: Sack Doc Rivers NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    This could be particularly problematic if they finish with a lower seed. But by no means do I see them as a lock to win it all.
    Responding first to OP, if you fire Doc, who do you replace him with? Got a better HC candidate out there? Keep in mind that you have to keep your stars happy, and I haven't heard anything that suggests that Kawhi or PG are unhappy with their coach.

Second, response to the quote. Yeah, isn't it great? We're a third of the way into the season and I have no idea who's going to win the title. Clippers? Lakers? 76ers? Hell, even the Raptors or Mavs have an outside shot. It's a refreshing change from previous years when we knew going into the season that the Warriors or Heat were going to win the title.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma
    Responding first to OP, if you fire Doc, who do you replace him with? Got a better HC candidate out there? Keep in mind that you have to keep your stars happy, and I haven't heard anything that suggests that Kawhi or PG are unhappy with their coach.

Second, response to the quote. Yeah, isn't it great? We're a third of the way into the season and I have no idea who's going to win the title. Clippers? Lakers? 76ers? Hell, even the Raptors or Mavs have an outside shot. It's a refreshing change from previous years when we knew going into the season that the Warriors or Heat were going to win the title.
    Yea I'm not sure firing him really helps other than create another storyline in a big media market which I don't think they need.

It is interesting, I mean the expectation is that the Lakers and Clippers meet in the conference finals but we can't say that since we don't even know if the seeding would allow for that and second, that they'll even be the last two teams standing by the time the Conference Finals rolls around. East should be just as interesting.

NBA rookie of the year

NBA rookie of the year

Milwaukee
    Lakers
    Toronto
    Boston
    Denver

all better record than Clippers, Doc Rivers must be sacked.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Serverly out coached by Brett Brown last night.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Serverly out coached by Brett Brown last night.

He is having issues with Brad Stevens now. How is this clown Doc Rivers still a head coach baffles me.

NBA rookie of the year

Rivers has to go

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Injuries

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    Injuries

excuses

NBA rookie of the year

He is losing the to the Kings

I am not joking, ahahahahahahahaha

The Clippers started the game poorly. Although they had caught up by the fourth quarter, the Kings were feeling good and they clinched the game with smart plays that took advantage of the Clippers' penchant of doubling the ball handler.

I thought the new guys would bolster their depth, but they can't straight up replace George and Pat Beverly.

Great college starter

Man Doc is..... not that good.

This team simply won’t get out of the West unless they make some major adjustments. They have the talent, loads of it, but the actual effort is c lacking and the synergy is way off. That really falls on the coaching. The lineups are terrible especially defensively and the offense is stagnant and just turn-based isos

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by nikelrg View Post
    2003 Playoffs
    Magic with Mcgrady up 3 - 1 on Pistons, Rivers Happens and they blow 3 - 1 lead.Pistons advance.

2009 Playoffs
    Celtics up 3 - 2 on Magic, Rivers Happens and they blow 3 - 2 lead.Magic advance.

2010 Playoffs
    Celtics up 3 - 2 on Lakers, Rivers Happens and they blow 3 - 2 lead.Lakers win title.

2012 Playoffs
    Celtics up 3 - 2 on Miami Heat, Rivers Happens and they blow 3 - 2 lead.Heat advance to finals.

2015 Playoffs
    Clippers up 3 -1 vs Houston, Rivers Happens and they blow 3 - 1 lead.Houston advance to finals.

2016 Playoffs
    Clippers up 2 - 0 vs Blazers, Rivers happens and they blow 2 - 0 lead.Blazers advance.

A choking maestro.
    Choke artist.

Doc is a good coach and everyone is overreacting to load management and injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    Turn-based isos
    any team running an excess of non-mismatch based ISO’s is badly outdated and out of touch OFFENSIVELY. But I don’t think the Clips will suffer such problems in the post season.

NBA rookie of the year

I think today was nail in coffin