Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

who's yi's agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    All true but I think everyone assumes that the PLAYER in this case wouldn't dog it as it would seriously hurt his future prospects once his rookie deal is done.

In my naive thinking here, I'm also hoping Milwaukee "bites the bullet" of sorts and shows players/representatives that kind of stuff cannot happen. Similar to what happened in the NHL with Alexei Yashin. He didn't want to play out his contract and his team said it would be a breach of contract.

Yi and his people should have no leverage when it comes to the draft or like the other poster mentioned, it will ruin the integrity of the draft (which IMO is a solid system).

And people did criticize Francis for his moves and still do to this day. Vancouver simply caved into the pressure quickly.

I always thought that international players were 'automatically' allowed to be in the draft, when they've gotten over the age of 22. I always thought this was rather stupid, as in if players overseas don't want to play in the NBA but are a top ten pick and they will have to play in the NBA. Didn't Sabonis stay overseas for most of his prime until his 30s?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Basketballs
    Yi really needs to fire his reps/agents
    It's going to be easy firing the government

If I remember correctly the 'approved teams' were Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, and Golden State.

Atlanta and Chicago have plenty of young pieces to offer for Yi, Golden State I'm sure could put together a good package but apparently Brandan Wright was their guy. Boston has zero chance (Gerald Green isn't landing us Yi).

shhhhhhh

well yi doesn't have to go to the bucks, thing is he can stay in china, play for the national team or what ever team he chooses and reenter the draft in 2 years correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JalenRawley
    Am I retarded? No, I'd say I've got a pretty good grasp on the situation. I'm not the one freaking out here. And, yeah, I'd feel pretty confidant in saying that I know quite a bit about the topic I'm discussing, as well it shows. I'm also not the one calling someone else "retarded" because they differ with a completely uninformed, heavily biased and ignorant opinion. So, I'm just fine here sitting in the non-retarded section.
    Biased? Why would I be biased? I've given Steve Francis and Kobe Bryant tons of **** for refusing to play for the team they were drafted for. Are you accusing me of being racist towards Chinese?

And I never called you retarded; I asked if you were.

I'm acting like everything is American arrogance? That's funny, you're the one that brought it up. I'm just pointing out how it can easily go the other way and be just as relevant. My posts are all right here for you to read, but I understand that reading lots of words is hard, so I'm sure you didn't bother getting information before speaking. It's okay though, I'm sure it's standard operating procedure for you.
    "Did people get this ignorance over Francis and Bryant? No, of course not. They weren't Chinese. They were just arrogant, spoiled Americans, and both were appeased immediately." - JalenRawley

"Wisconsin? In Wis-****ing-consin? The land of white, fat, ignorant, racist, bigoted cheeseheads? McCarthyLand?" - JalenRawley

I brought up the point that if America was telling someone else which team we wanted our player to play on we would be getting called "arrogant" and all kinds of nasty things. I also never said America was innocent of ever having done anything wrong. I was merely stating the facts.

And what information didn't I get before reading? Yi doesn't want to play for the team that drafted him. This pisses me off. Yet, because I'm not also *****ing about Steve Francis and Kobe Bryant at this current moment, I must be biased? Brilliant logic, my friend. Might as well ***** at me for not complaining about the Vietnam war right now. "You complain about Iraq, but not Vietnam! You must be biased!"

Nobody held a gun to Milwaukee's heads and said, "YOU MUST DRAFT YI." His camp refused workouts in certain cities because they didn't want to deal with this issue. They handled things the right way. Are they right for doing it? Not necessarily, but it's understandable to see why they want Yi in a city with more of a Chinese presence.
    Nobody held a gun to Yi's head and said, "YOU MUST ENTER THE NBA DRAFT." He made a choice and fully understood that any team could draft him.

And again, if he decides to refuse to play for Milwaukee, who gets screwed, Yi or Milwaukee? If he can't force a trade, he can always play in another league. The Bucks can't get their pick back. It's like Fran Vasquez or Frederick Weis. And just like those two picks, you blame the moron GM that picked them, not the picky player who'd rather not be in your city, no matter what their reasoning is.
    And this completely destroys the integrity of the draft. Woohoo. Way to go.

You can hold the draft ransom. Ask Glenn Robinson. Ask Danny Ferry. This isn't a new thing you know, Yi didn't invent the "I don't want to play in your city" stance because of someone's poor draft choices.
    All pieces of **** for doing so.

Yi Jianlian-C-Bucks Jun. 29 - 11:44 pm et

Bucks first-round draft pick Yi Jianlian did not travel to Milwaukee on Friday to be formally introduced to the fans and apparently has no plans to even visit the city that drafted him.

He really doesn't have time to visit right now, with responsibilities playing for the Chinese national team starting this weekend in Dallas and then the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, although those are also convenient excuses. Agent Dan Fegan pushed for Yi to go to a city with a heavy Asian influence, and GM Larry Harris said Fegan was shocked that the Bucks selected him with the sixth pick in the draft. It's very possible that Yi will never step into the city of Milwaukee, let alone play for their team.

wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    wanker.
    Be careful, loot. You might get called a biased hypocrite and arrogant American.

This reminds me of Steve Francis when Vancouver drafted him back then.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Be careful, loot. You might get called a biased hypocrite and arrogant American.
    and it would be wrong, how?

Quote Originally Posted by TMan
    This reminds me of Steve Francis when Vancouver drafted him back then.
    No, Steve Francis was a spoiled thug. Yi is a Chinese hero and Milwaukee was stupid to draft him. Forbid the thought that someone should live up to their end of the deal! How uniquely American!

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    and it would be wrong, how?
    It would be wrong b/c I'm not an American.

Canadians should know how it feels and respect the anger that fans have over players refusing to show up.

nm

anyone who refuses to play for team that drafted him is an *********. whetever his skin color or nationality is.

i'm sick of today's players acting like spoiled 12-year olds. being drafted, and being drafted that high is supposed to be a honor.

i'd trade him away and make ruben patterson break some bones of his when milwaukee meets with that team.

Living Legend

Who does this guy think he is. He'll be a poor man's Yao. Which is not saying much since Yao is mega overrated. The guy is getting killed on the boards by average PF's in the league.