Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I can't believe how dumb most of you are being about this. Well, yes I can, but anyway...

Milwaukee did the right thing here. The reason there is a draft in the NBA is so that the teams can pick the players that they want. No fan of parity in sports should want a system where sometimes the team picks the player, and in other cases the player picks the team. There are about 10 teams in the league that players would pick if they all got the choice.

This year Noah and Yi were both top-10 prospects and both said they don't want Milwaukee. What if Milwaukee listens to their requests and then next year half of the top ten picks decide that they'll do the same thing. Pretty soon you've got half of the players in the draft announcing lists of the teams they'll consider.

It is not the player's choice where they get to play. If you want to play in our league you gotta play by our rules. That's the deal. Don't like it, and want to play in a large city with a big asian population? Stay in Bejing, *******.

I'll certainly be sending Larry Harris an email congratulating him on showing the commies who really holds the cards here, and encouraging him to stick it out. If Yi doesn't want to play in the NBA, he doesn't have to. He can stay in China playing for peanuts, and we'll make the playoffs without him.

If Yi wants to play against the best players in the world, make millions of dollars, and live his dream of making the NBA, he can accept reality and do it in Milwaukee. If he'd rather stick to filming soap opera milk commercials in China and matching up against ZhiZhi ten times a year, that's his choice. I'll happily "waste" the draft pick before announcing to the league that now players and agents get to pick their own destinations. Fegan will represent plenty of rookies in the future if he gets his way here, and there's nothing to stop him from doing this over and over again.

And don't give me any bull**** about "employees should get to choose the city they work in." No employee in the world gets to make choices like that. You want a job, you show up to the office where it's located. If you don't like the location, start thinking about a new line of work. If he likes LA so much, maybe he can apply for a job at a movie theater there.

very nice post, adam

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Well Kobe has been in the league 11 years and won titles, Pierce a 5 time All-Star.

What has he down to demand a trade after getting drafted yesterday?

came allllll the way from china????

Not airballing my layups anymore iggy_needs_help's Avatar

Yi and his reps. need to shut the hell up. You cannot pick and choose where you are going to play. There would be no parity in the league. Thewhole point of the draft is to make the s**t teams better.:)

High School Starter

Kobe got to pick and choose where he plays.

Kobe gets to pick and choose which teammates he plays with.

Kobe gets to pick and choose which teammates he wants to kick out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15

and?

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I can't believe how dumb most of you are being about this. Well, yes I can, but anyway...

Milwaukee did the right thing here. The reason there is a draft in the NBA is so that the teams can pick the players that they want. No fan of parity in sports should want a system where sometimes the team picks the player, and in other cases the player picks the team. There are about 10 teams in the league that players would pick if they all got the choice.

This year Noah and Yi were both top-10 prospects and both said they don't want Milwaukee. What if Milwaukee listens to their requests and then next year half of the top ten picks decide that they'll do the same thing. Pretty soon you've got half of the players in the draft announcing lists of the teams they'll consider.

It is not the player's choice where they get to play. If you want to play in our league you gotta play by our rules. That's the deal. Don't like it, and want to play in a large city with a big asian population? Stay in Bejing, *******.

I'll certainly be sending Larry Harris an email congratulating him on showing the commies who really holds the cards here, and encouraging him to stick it out. If Yi doesn't want to play in the NBA, he doesn't have to. He can stay in China playing for peanuts, and we'll make the playoffs without him.

If Yi wants to play against the best players in the world, make millions of dollars, and live his dream of making the NBA, he can accept reality and do it in Milwaukee. If he'd rather stick to filming soap opera milk commercials in China and matching up against ZhiZhi ten times a year, that's his choice. I'll happily "waste" the draft pick before announcing to the league that now players and agents get to pick their own destinations. Fegan will represent plenty of rookies in the future if he gets his way here, and there's nothing to stop him from doing this over and over again.

And don't give me any bull**** about "employees should get to choose the city they work in." No employee in the world gets to make choices like that. You want a job, you show up to the office where it's located. If you don't like the location, start thinking about a new line of work. If he likes LA so much, maybe he can apply for a job at a movie theater there.
    I agree with you on one thing. Milwaukee did make the right choice (if they really wanted Yi). Because Yi is going to stay in Milwaukee unless THEY trade him. Yi himself is not going to demand a trade. He came out and said he would play for them. Who do you think has more control over where Yi plays right now? Him or his greedy agents? ALOT of people have been talking trash about Yi because they think he doesn't want to play for the Bucks.

I bet Yi could go on sports center ten times and say nothing but "I will play for the Bucks" yet one statement by his agent "My client Yi would like to be traded now to a bigger city" would get everyone to start bagging Yi. Yi really needs to fire his reps/agents.

Bottom line, Milwaukee is going to add a nice athletic 4 to their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15

Problem is, Kobe isn't a Chinese rookie demanding a trade now is he.

Very good NBA starter

it would really be hilarious if he did turn out to be huge bust.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Milwaukee needs to lose the bucks logo and change their uniform......................... milwaukee bucks sounds like a damn deer hunting sports team not a basketball team (other than that im fine with yi playing for bucks)

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

dallas will end up with Yi

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Yi's going to Golden State, bank on that.

Yi is going to the Kings. put money on that.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Well Kobe has been in the league 11 years and won titles, Pierce a 5 time All-Star.

What has he down to demand a trade after getting drafted yesterday?
    Kobe didnt want to play for the Charlotte and he was only a high school player.

Roy = my new fave.

Milwaukee should trade Yi even if he isn't demanding a trade.

sux0rz.

I got to be honest though.
    Before the Bucks drafted Yi, this past year I completed forgotten that such a NBA team existed.

No news of them, No star players, no national TV appearance, not a big market city.

Even the other losing teams have more life to them than the Bucks.