Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

What a great public relations job, Yi, his agents (American and Chinese) and the Chinese authorities that are involved are doing right now.

So far we have learned that:

a. Yi is arrogant - as in he thinks he is too good for "lesser" American markets, and "better" than the 99% of draftees who are thankful just to have a chance to play in the NBA

b. Yi is ignorant - thinking he cannot have a succesful career and image playing in Milwaukee

c. Yi is a tool, seemingly scared to comment on the matter and he has to do what his "agents" want him to do.

c. Fagen his agent is a money loving scrub

d. His Chinese agents and officials are controlling/mainpulative freaks who think they have the right to control this kid's future and dictate to the Bucks how it's going to be.

e. His "agents" view Yi is a money making medium, rather than an indiviual with free thought.

f. Despite never having played in the NBA, Yi is more disliked than 95% of the NBA (among non-Asian fans that is)

So congrats Yi and Co. you and your team have succesfully made Yi look like an @-hole, the Chinese agenda as nothing but an exploitation of their countrymen, and the NBA lottery a mockery.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

If he does get traded, I hope he gets booed mercilessly in every arena he plays in next year. I'd love for all this to backfire and him not be one bit popular in the NBA (other than to his home fans and asians).
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 07-05-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    If he does get traded, I hope he gets booed mercilessly in every arena he plays in next year. I'd for all this to backfire and him not be one bit popular in the NBA (other than to his home fans and asians).
    I say we start a boycott of Yi jerseys and his team's products, unless he comes around and stays with the Bucks. We should also boycott travelling to China, and put an embargo or unfair tarriffs on their goods.

NBA lottery pick

It's absolutely disgusting how you guys make all kinds of personal assumptions about this kid based on one little rumor that he's going to hold out and wants a trade.

You guys don't know the first damn thing about him.

If I made those kinds of assumptions about you posters based on what you've said in this thread, then I'd have to say you guys are disgusting trash as human beings go.

Mathius

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Uhm, guess again kids. As long as he doesn't sign a contract with another team, he's re-eligable to enter the draft next year.
    He already has a pro contract. If he wants to become draft eligible next year, he has to convince the Tigers to release him from his contract right now. Why in the flying **** would the Tigers agree to that?

The Tigers want to get paid from this whole ordeal. The only way they get paid is for Yi to sign with an NBA team, or to have Yi play for them in China. There is no third option where they just let Yi walk and then don't get paid via ticket sales or the signing of an NBA contract.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    He already has a pro contract. If he wants to become draft eligible next year, he has to convince the Tigers to release him from his contract right now. Why in the flying **** would the Tigers agree to that?

The Tigers want to get paid from this whole ordeal. The only way they get paid is for Yi to sign with an NBA team, or to have Yi play for them in China. There is no third option where they just let Yi walk and then don't get paid via ticket sales or the signing of an NBA contract.
    If he was eligable the first time around with his Tiger's contract, I really don't see why he wouldn't be eligable the second time around. That's just silly.

And again.. There are teams out there that want Yi. If he won't play for the Bucks, what makes you think they won't trade him when they have people calling for him?

Mathius

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It's absolutely disgusting how you guys make all kinds of personal assumptions about this kid based on one little rumor that he's going to hold out and wants a trade.
    What's wrong with us disliking this guy? He either is:

- Full of himself and believes he is one player who has the right to choose where he plays when nearly every other player in the NBA over the past decade has accepted the draft system.

or

- A complete tool with no mind of his own who is 100% under the control of his representatives.

With what we know about him, what's there to like? I don't care if he cures cancer in his spare time and we just don't know about it yet.

Bucks fan

If he was eligable the first time around with his Tiger's contract, I really don't see why he wouldn't be eligable the second time around. That's just silly.
    Whether you can figure it out or not is not the important issue. The NBA rules state that the team that drafts you maintains your rights until one full year after you have been without a pro contract of any kind. The Tigers aren't going to release Yi to meet that loophole unless there's some beneficial reason to do so. Put yourself in their shoes. Your best player wants to leave you to join a competing league on the other side of the planet. You reluctantly agree, but you expect to be compensated for it!

The Tigers need for Yi to either return to China and play for them as he did last season, or they need for him to get bought out by an NBA team this year while he's still under contract with them.

And again.. There are teams out there that want Yi. If he won't play for the Bucks, what makes you think they won't trade him when they have people calling for him?
    The Bucks certainly will trade Yi if the right offer comes along. Larry Harris is a smart GM, and will trade any player on the roster if it makes the team better. Kobe Bryant for Redd? Deal. Dwight Howard for Bogut? Deal. Chris Bosh for Yi? Deal.

He just isn't looking to trade Yi; especially not for less than he's worth. Everyone knew that this kid was going to be a headache prior to the draft, but Larry went ahead anyway, making a stand for what's right. It's his job to draft the best player, and he did so. Now I guess it's Yi's job to decide if he still wants to play in the NBA. If the Bucks trade Yi for less than he's worth, it will send a signal to future draft prospects that it's ok to try and game the system, and you will succeed. That would be a huge blow to small market franchises around the league.

Serious playground baller

Milwauke isn't really that bad, Cold yes, but only maybe 100 miles from Chicago. Most NBA players don't even live in the cities they play in year round. If Yi thinks Milwaukee is a bad city to play in try Salt Lake, San Antonio, Memphis, Minniapolis, etc.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

If he does get traded, I hope he gets booed mercilessly in every arena he plays in next year. I'd love for all this to backfire and him not be one bit popular in the NBA (other than to his home fans and asians).
    The only worse case scenario would be for the Bucks keep his rights , and let him head back to China.

Still can't figure out why it's so important he is surrounded by a large ASsian community ?? What's his line , doesn't he have enough balls to impress American chicks and the American public ? :

Bucks fan

And for the sake of simplification, here is what everybody involved in the saga wants.

China - They want Yi to develop as a basketball player, in order to strengthen the national team. They want a team that will coach him and give him plenty of playing time.

Tigers - They want Yi to make as much money as possible over the next year, because that's how long they have him under contract. If he doesn't make money during that time frame, they get nothing.

Fegan - Gets the bulk of his money from landing endorsement deals, so he wants Yi in the biggest market possible.

Yi - Same as Fegan, wants to be in a big market so that he can be a star, and make lots of money. Probably doesn't really know or understand much about the different cities and teams.

Bucks - Want to know and prove that they can and will draft the best player available, regardless of what that player wants. Small market teams are already at a disadvantage during free agency, and it's crucial that they make sure the draft remains a way for them to aquire top talent.

NBA lottery pick

What's wrong with us disliking this guy?
    Does anyone else see the problem with this sentence by itself? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Whether you can figure it out or not is not the important issue. The NBA rules state that the team that drafts you maintains your rights until one full year after you have been without a pro contract of any kind. The Tigers aren't going to release Yi to meet that loophole unless there's some beneficial reason to do so. Put yourself in their shoes. Your best player wants to leave you to join a competing league on the other side of the planet. You reluctantly agree, but you expect to be compensated for it!

The Tigers need for Yi to either return to China and play for them as he did last season, or they need for him to get bought out by an NBA team this year while he's still under contract with them.
    Do you even have a clue what's in his contract with the Tiger's or how it works? Or are you just spouting crap to hear yourself talk.

The Bucks certainly will trade Yi if the right offer comes along. Larry Harris is a smart GM
    I don't need to hear anymore.

If he was a smart GM, he wouldn't have put his stupid ass in this position.

He could have taken B. Wright, or Corey Brewer with the pick, and either of those players would have actually probably been happy to play in Milwaukee. Plus the fact that C. Villanueva seems more suited to the 4 spot anyways, and that's where they're eventually projecting Yi to play.

Mathius

Made that high school varsity squad ReturnOfJimi's Avatar

The Bucks are #$%^& stupid.

Shoulda drafted Noah. Team needs D and focus.

As for Yi... %&$* that guy.

Get with the program, man. Do whatever it takes to join the league as a free agent if you want to choose your destination. Otherwise, SHUT UP. The NBA players association and the owners and league all get together and set a collective bargaining agreement to ensure certain competitive and monetary balances.

Therefore, the player's association should be on the same page as the NBA in regards to retaining draft integrity. Of course, they probably aren't. Steve Francis, Eli Manning, John Elway, Yi Jianlian. These guys are *****es simply because they are getting privileges the rest of the NBA doesn't get.

One of those guys wasn't even a Top 5 pick.

Guy is not 19, either.

And don't even get me f**king started on Fran Vasquez.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Uhm, guess again kids. As long as he doesn't sign a contract with another team, he's re-eligable to enter the draft next year.

http://winningtheturnoverbattle.blog...i-and-cba.html

(thanks gts)

Mathius
    uhm, wrong. He may no longer be under a contractual obligation (though i think he is, look at how long nba players retain the rights to Luis scola or Zelko Rebrajca (something like 6 years)) but he cant reenter the draft. Think about Randoplh Morris from UK, entered the draft didnt get taken and became an undrafted free agent. Im pretty sure you cant be drafted twice.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

You guys don't know the first damn thing about him.

If I made those kinds of assumptions about you posters based on what you've said in this thread, then I'd have to say you guys are disgusting trash as human beings go.

Mathius
    ok, we dont know the first thing about any media figure but we still hold them up to scrutiny. How is this any different? Think about the Kobe rape bashing that still goes on. Who cares?