Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Default Re: What do you think about YI?????

I think there are to many thread about him on the first page, thats what I think ant Yi or "E".

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Is yi Jianlian's image getting damaged?

David Stern should punish hard him is his agent.

NBA have a draft to prevent good teams or great market teams to grab all the great talents available.

If any young prospect refuse to play for certains teams and his agents restrict the number of teams that can workout with his players, the draft makes no sense.

Stern should start punish players like Jianlian and agents like Dan Fegan now, before things go out of control.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Is yi Jianlian's image getting damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Fab17
    David Stern should punish hard him is his agent.

NBA have a draft to prevent good teams or great market teams to grab all the great talents available.

If any young prospect refuse to play for certains teams and his agents restrict the number of teams that can workout with his players, the draft makes no sense.

Stern should start punish players like Jianlian and agents like Dan Fegan now, before things go out of control.
    Yeah, Stern would love to "punish" the agents, but they represent the players. You start going after agents, and you effect the players. Soon the players association gets involved.

Agents have been around as long as sports. Get used to it. They're out to make money for themselves and their clients, period.

And you guys are reading way too much into this "draft integrity" bs. Like I said before, the draft isn't all its cracked up to be. Maybe 5 out of the 30 players taken in the first round ever amount to anything most years.

Mathius

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Kohl, US Senator and owner and he has to write a letter to Yi.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=626935

Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl has written a letter to the team's first-round draft pick, Yi Jianlian, requesting a meeting with the 7-foot power forward. Yi did not meet with Bucks officials or have the traditional post-draft day news conference Friday. Instead he moved on from New York to Dallas, where he played with the Chinese national team against the U.S. Under-19 team Sunday night. Kohl, speaking at the state Democratic convention Saturday, said the Bucks were "reaching out" to Yi. "We're going to try to establish personal contact with him and his family," Kohl said. "I wrote him a letter yesterday (Friday). I requested a meeting with him and his family. "Our basketball people, our general manager and coach, we're all in the process of reaching out to try to establish a constructive dialogue with him and his family and his representatives."

this just had me
    looks to me like yi currently has the upper hand.

Bucks fan

He should be humiliated that a US Senator is showing him more respect than he's showing in return. I'm sure his people are at least a little dissapointed in him right now.

he doesnt want to live in the ****hole that is milwaukee. he made this really really clear prior to the draft. so, milwaukee is having a problem signing him? REALLY? THATS JUST ****ING SHOCKING!!!

is he being an ass? Yes. But i accept it. If i was a player and had leverage, i'd use it to avoid being married to a crappy city for my whole career too.

i can understand that being chinese and not speaking much english, hed like to live in a city with more than three chinese people.

why is everyone getting their panties in an uproar on this?

he doesnt want to live in the ****hole that is milwaukee. he made this really really clear prior to the draft. so, milwaukee is having a problem signing him? REALLY? THATS JUST ****ING SHOCKING!!!

is he being an ass? Yes. But i accept it. If i was a player and had leverage, i'd use it to avoid being married to a crappy city for my whole career too.

i can understand that being chinese and not speaking much english, hed like to live in a city with more than three chinese people.

why is everyone getting their panties in an uproar on this?

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    he doesnt want to live in the ****hole that is milwaukee. he made this really really clear prior to the draft.
    And Milwaukee made it really clear that this is not his choice, provided he wants to play in the NBA.
    If i was a player and had leverage, i'd use it to avoid being married to a crappy city for my whole career too.
    He has no leverage. The rules are very clear. He is owned by the Bucks as long as he plays professional ball anywhere on earth.
    Great - stay in China then. If you don't think the millions of dollars and top level competition that the NBA provides are worth it, you don't have to join. He can focus on winning a CBA championship and speak chinese all day long.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    A He has no leverage. The rules are very clear. He is owned by the Bucks as long as he plays professional ball anywhere on earth.
    You're so frig'n delusional it's almost funny. He's got plenty of leverage. Milwaukee is looking pretty darn stupid for one thing, for taking a player who said he didn't want to play with them.

The fans are gonna be pissed at your GM for blowing the pick.

And all Yi has to do is stay away for one year and he can go play for someone else. Unless Milwaukee is that stupid to draft him again next year.

Once the calls start coming in from other teams that want Yi, Milwaukee will cave in soon enough. It's that or get nothing for him.

And some of you idiots are actually saying you hope Yi is a bust. That'll make Milwaukee look even more stupid. Drafting a bust at #6, who held out on them!

You Buck fans crack me up.

Mathius

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    It's his life, let him do what he wants. He made it clear he didn't want to go to the Bucks.
    then stay in china. sorry but if the bucks dont want to trade him, **** him. I already dislike him and will boo him regardless of who he plays for. Hated Zo for doing this in TOR and he was an established veteran. Go to hell, you big chinese bastard.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    You're so frig'n delusional it's almost funny. He's got plenty of leverage. Milwaukee is looking pretty darn stupid for one thing, for taking a player who said he didn't want to play with them.

The fans are gonna be pissed at your GM for blowing the pick.

And all Yi has to do is stay away for one year and he can go play for someone else. Unless Milwaukee is that stupid to draft him again next year.

Once the calls start coming in from other teams that want Yi, Milwaukee will cave in soon enough. It's that or get nothing for him.

And some of you idiots are actually saying you hope Yi is a bust. That'll make Milwaukee look even more stupid. Drafting a bust at #6, who held out on them!

You Buck fans crack me up.

Mathius
    wow, you are a fool. learn how the draft works you friggin idiot. they own his nba rights until he signs a contract with them. You cant go through the draft twice even if you arent drafted the first time. nice use of stupid emoticons when your post reflects your lack of even the most basic knowledge of the nba draft process. this is for you

Mathius is thinking of the NFL Draft. If that were the case in the NBA why would anyone draft a foreigner when he might not come over immediately and another team would be able to draft him next year. Scola, Rocko Uric and others would of been re-drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    then stay in china. sorry but if the bucks dont want to trade him, **** him. I already dislike him and will boo him regardless of who he plays for. Hated Zo for doing this in TOR and he was an established veteran. Go to hell, you big chinese bastard.
    "the Bucks were "reaching out" to Yi. "We're going to try to establish personal contact with him and his family," Kohl said. "I wrote him a letter yesterday (Friday). I requested a meeting with him and his family. "Our basketball people, our general manager and coach, we're all in the process of reaching out to try to establish a constructive dialogue with him and his family and his representatives."

You morons don't understand, the Bucks are pretty much giving the guy a bl0wjob right now...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    wow, you are a fool. learn how the draft works you friggin idiot. they own his nba rights until he signs a contract with them. You cant go through the draft twice even if you arent drafted the first time. nice use of stupid emoticons when your post reflects your lack of even the most basic knowledge of the nba draft process. this is for you
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Mathius is thinking of the NFL Draft. If that were the case in the NBA why would anyone draft a foreigner when he might not come over immediately and another team would be able to draft him next year. Scola, Rocko Uric and others would of been re-drafted.
    Uhm, guess again kids. As long as he doesn't sign a contract with another team, he's re-eligable to enter the draft next year.

(a) Subject to Section 5(b) below, the Team that drafts the player shall retain the exclusive NBA rights to negotiate with and sign him for the period ending one (1) year from the earlier of the following two dates: (i) the date the player notifies such Team that he is available to sign a Player Contract with such Team immediately, provided that such notice will not be effective until the player is under no contractual or other legal impediment to sign and play with such Team for the then-current Season (if applicable) and any future Season; or (ii) the date of the NBA Draft occurring in the twelve-month period from September 1 to August 30 in which the player notifies such Team of his availability and intention to play in the NBA during the Season immediately following said twelve-month period, provided that such notice will not be effective until the player is under no contractual or other legal impediment to sign and play with such Team for the then-current Season (if applicable) and any future Season.

In simple terms what the above sections say is that if Yi does not sign a contract with another pro team (Chinese or European) in the next year then Milwaukee will lose their rights to Yi and he will then be eligible for the 2008 Draft.
    http://winningtheturnoverbattle.blog...i-and-cba.html

(thanks gts)

Mathius

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

If he doesn't want to play for Milwaukee then I'm sure some European team will give him decent money like Fran Vazquez got.