Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lukaball shackled Porzingis......

Something I've noticed with KP vs Luka.

When only one is on the floor, KP when playing well, widens the point differential and often gets that 10+.

When Luka is on the floor, playing well, the game for some reason seems to stay close.

This is probably because KP plays defense and Luka don't, so KP can add points on both offense and defense and that's how you go on runs. Luka can only create points offensively.

Luka is playing below his usual level at the moment. The stats are not showing it, but the shooting percentages are. He is really bricking it up out there. He also looks slower on drives. Looks fatigued, no lift. Should get some rest is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Missed this.

He might be if he plays like he has been lately. His defense might put his value higher than Luka if he could keep this up. Not sure the relevance of this point to this debate though.

Remember, your claim is that Luka's style inhibits the play of KP and his teammates. Tell us more about that...the Mavs must have a shit offense if he's so detrimental to his teammates.
    He believes you're a Luka stan and wants to get a rise out of you

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    He believes you're a Luka stan and wants to get a rise out of you
    Oh, I see...

I'm probably lower on Luka than most...I'm just not dumb enough to ignore what he's actually doing and producing.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Something I've noticed with KP vs Luka.

When only one is on the floor, KP when playing well, widens the point differential and often gets that 10+.

When Luka is on the floor, playing well, the game for some reason seems to stay close.

This is probably because KP plays defense and Luka don't, so KP can add points on both offense and defense and that's how you go on runs. Luka can only create points offensively.

Luka is playing below his usual level at the moment. The stats are not showing it, but the shooting percentages are. He is really bricking it up out there. He also looks slower on drives. Looks fatigued, no lift. Should get some rest is my guess.
    It was never realistic for him to keep up his play that he started the year with.

He's also dealt with some nagging injury issues recently.

Probably because KP is a top 3-5 rim protector in the league and a DPOY candidate when healthy while Luka is a horrible defender and along with Seth the bane of their defense

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG View Post
    Probably because KP is a top 3-5 rim protector in the league and a DPOY candidate when healthy while Luka is a horrible defender and along with Seth the bane of their defense
    THJ isn't very good either.

But, again, what does that have to do with your take that Luka's style is inhibiting his teammates...specifically KP?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    THJ isn't very good either.

But, again, what does that have to do with your take that Luka's style is inhibiting his teammates...specifically KP?
    If this continues for the rest of this month then youll have a point. As is the vast difference in his production/efficiency with Luka VS without is too much to ignore

Also i never said Luka inhibits spot up and 3pt shooting role players

Its players with dimensions to their offense like KP who can put the ball on the floor and get separation with his handle anywhere

If this continues for the rest of this month then youll have a point. As is the vast difference in his production/efficiency with Luka VS without is too much to ignore
    Okay, so are you at all factoring in KP coming back from injury, time off, and learning to play in a new system with different players?

Or was it expected that he just come back and look amazing from the jump?

Its players with dimensions to their offense like KP who can put the ball on the floor and get separation with his handle anywhere
    Of course he does to some extent...literally any player that isn't an off-ball wizard like Curry or Dirk or Allen...etc.

Most of the best perimeter players of all-time are going to limit guys like that to some level...that is expected. Again, the goal of the team is not to maximize KP's numbers...it is to produce the best offense possible. In order to do that...some players on the team have to sacrifice while not playing the optimal role to produce numbers.

It is about impact...and, like I've said from the jump, if KP can play at certain level of efficiency in certain spots...he'll get more chances. And what do you know...that is exactly what is happening now that he looks far more comfortable out there.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 03-07-2020 at 12:45 AM.