Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Transgender People May Have Key Brain Differences, Scientist Says

https://www.newsweek.com/transgender...entist-1475013

[QUOTE][I]Differences in brain activity could impact a person's sense of their own gender, according to a researcher who has tried to explain the cause of a condition experienced by some transgender people.

The article published in the journal eNeuro presents a new theory on what is known as "gender dysphoria," by looking at existing studies on the condition. Other experts in the field have said the findings should be regarded with caution.

Gender dysphoria, or gender incongruence, is where a person feels distressed because the gender they were assigned at birth does not match their internal feelings. For example, a person with a ***** who is assigned as a boy at birth, but who identifies as a girl. Some, but not all, transgender people experience gender dysphoria.

While some argue the term wrongly pathologizes the legitimate experiences of transgender people, others say it is necessary in order for individuals to receive treatments, such as hormonal medications and surgeries.

Stephen Gliske, a research assistant professor in neurology at the University of Michigan, called his new take the "multisense theory," as opposed to what he dubbed the "opposite brain sex theory."

Gliske said evidence suggests brain networks linked to how individuals perceive the ownership of their body parts, that influence gender-typical behavior, and chronic distress are different in those with gender dysphoria. This stands in contrast to the theory which suggests those with the condition have brain regions similar in shape and size to the gender they identify with.

The researcher said he hopes the research could lead to therapies that reduce distress and address the biological causes of gender dysphoria rather than "subjective symptoms." This, in turn, may help to prevent conditions related to gender dysphoria, such as depression and suicide, he said.

The theory could also lead to gender dysphoria being treated without using invasive and irreversible gender reassignment surgery, Gliske told Newsweek.
    -

Gliske said: "This new multisense theory of gender dysphoria connects the experience of gender dysphoria with the function of the associated brain regions and networks.

"This paradigm shift

Default Re: Transgender People May Have Key Brain Differences, Scientist Says

uneducated people like OP make posts like this as if its a revelation. Theres key differences in the brain of stupid people and smart people. is that a problem to fix for stupid people? if so then you should go see a doctor.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    uneducated people like OP make posts like this as if its a revelation. Theres key differences in the brain of stupid people and smart people. is that a problem to fix for stupid people? if so then you should go see a doctor.

There is a cure for your condition, Nate. Don't give up. Stay strong.

Talking Re: Transgender People May Have Key Brain Differences, Scientist Says

Yes, they

Yes, they're mentally ill

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Yes, they

Ah, yes. Of course, they do.

And of course it isn't their fault. But someone being attracted to children isn't their fault either. Doesn't make it any more acceptable or correct, because it isn't. We shouldn't entertain their mental illness and play along with their make believe reality because they were born ****ed up. It's like... I'm sorry you're that way, but no, it's not normal.

Gays are on the same spectrum, they're just a lot closer to baseline. Of course, if I say that, people will say I'm full of hate... it's like, uh, no, you just have a disorder. Being gay is absolutely a disorder much in a similar way that being trans or being sexually attracted to children is. Well, being sexually attracted to children is almost undoubtedly exclusively environmental whilst gays and trans can be environmental or natural but I'd be interested to see if there's any data to the contrary. Nevertheless...

It may be who you are and there may be no cure and I have no actual true disdain for you because I am 100% able to recognize that it's not your fault and you didn't choose where you're at, but at the end of the day, you're ****ed up. Life isn't fair.

But just because life isn't fair doesn't mean we mold society around these people which is the world we find ourselves in.

To clarify, I don't think gays or trans can be "cured" with any type of "therapy" or any such nonsense. In some cases, maybe. But I'd wager that most of them are hard wired to be that way through no fault of their own or anyone around them.

But that doesn't mean their behavior isn't degenerate... because it absolutely is.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Ah, yes. Of course, they do.

And of course it isn't their fault. But someone being attracted to children isn't their fault either. Doesn't make it any more acceptable or correct, because it isn't. We shouldn't entertain their mental illness and play along with their make believe reality because they were born ****ed up. It's like... I'm sorry you're that way, but no, it's not normal.
    Acting on your attraction to a child will obliterate that child's life. Two gay or trans adults acting on their attractions hurts no one. They aren't comparable for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Gays are on the same spectrum, they're just a lot closer to baseline. Of course, if I say that, people will say I'm full of hate... it's like, uh, no, you just have a disorder. Being gay is absolutely a disorder much in a similar way that being trans or being sexually attracted to children is. Well, being sexually attracted to children is almost undoubtedly exclusively environmental whilst gays and trans can be environmental or natural but I'd be interested to see if there's any data to the contrary. Nevertheless...

It may be who you are and there may be no cure and I have no actual true disdain for you because I am 100% able to recognize that it's not your fault and you didn't choose where you're at, but at the end of the day, you're ****ed up. Life isn't fair.

But just because life isn't fair doesn't mean we mold society around these people which is the world we find ourselves in.

To clarify, I don't think gays or trans can be "cured" with any type of "therapy" or any such nonsense. In some cases, maybe. But I'd wager that most of them are hard wired to be that way through no fault of their own or anyone around them.

But that doesn't mean their behavior isn't degenerate... because it absolutely is.
    Why not? We know some humans are born handicapped and we try to help them out in different ways.

I guess the bigger question is....wtf are some of you so scared of??? That they are going to make YOU trans? As shown in the OP, they are born with a condition, they can't turn you trans dude. We can't help who we are sexually attracted to, no one can change that for us, that's not how hormones work.

I bet most of the people in here that are so overly worried about trans people have never even come across one outside of the fcking internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Acting on your attraction to a child will obliterate that child's life. Two gay or trans adults acting on their attractions hurts no one. They aren't comparable for that reason.
    Can you even read? I never said molesting a child wouldn’t be their fault. It would. I’m saying that the feelings are there in the first place IS NOT their fault in the same way that gays and trans aren’t at fault.

Why not? We know some humans are born handicapped and we try to help them out in different ways.
    Comparing physical disabilities with emotional ones isn’t fair. Also, physical disabilities don’t detrimentally impact the rest of society with nonsensical fairytales and psychological degradation with the whole “everything and anything goes” mentality.

I guess the bigger question is....wtf are some of you so scared of??? That they are going to make YOU trans? As shown in the OP, they are born with a condition, they can't turn you trans dude. We can't help who we are sexually attracted to, no one can change that for us, that's not how hormones work.
    It’s like you didn’t read my post at all. I’m not blaming them you illiterate clown but the fact remains that they have a disorder. But I’m also not going to pretend that they are something they’re not because of their feelings.

I bet most of the people in here that are so overly worried about trans people have never even come across one outside of the fcking internet.
    There’s nothing to say other than you’re an ignorant reality denying liberal or a complete [COLOR="black"]fa[/COLOR]ggot yourself.

They know they are not 'normal' shogun. That's why their suicide rate is so high. Imagine if you in your current mind state was trapped in a girl's body, it would be awful. That's the reality for these people.

They don't need you to pretend they are 'normal'. They just want acceptance. Maybe stop calling them "fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ot"...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Did it really take a scientific study to conclude these people have brain damage?

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    They know they are not 'normal' shogun. That's why their suicide rate is so high. Imagine if you in your current mind state was trapped in a girl's body, it would be awful. That's the reality for these people.

They don't need you to pretend they are 'normal'. They just want acceptance. Maybe stop calling them "fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ot"...
    Their suicide rate doesn't decline once they've undergone gender reassignment surgery; proving that no matter what body they're "trapped in", it doesn't help their mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Their suicide rate doesn't decline once they've undergone gender reassignment surgery; proving that no matter what body they're "trapped in", it doesn't help their mental illness.
    I don't know much about the surgery or what that entails, but I can't imagine it would mentally wipe clean childhood memories. I also can't imagine all the body parts are 'normal'.

Another part of their torment is that family members won't accept them. Surgery isn't going to suddenly get them the love they desperately need from their parents. Most of them simply have nobody in their lives that care about them, they are largely rejected by society, as seen in this thread.