Default Chris Paul 30/10/8 9/12 from field 6/8 from 3

he's been really solid this year deferring to gallo and shai usually but still making an impact and taking over selectively. This was one of those games he was feeling it however.

His contract is still kind of untradeable so okc may as well go for a low playoff seed and see what they can get for him during the summer

Default Re: Chris Paul 30/10/8 9/12 from field 6/8 from 3

MCW had a similar statline in his first career game. Against the Big 3 Heat. Times were a lot simpler back then. Now any scrub like CP3 can get a near quadruple double.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He was great in that 4th quarter. Five 3pters, 19 points in that 4th quarter. Anyone who's watched the Thunder knows he could be putting up bigger numbers if he wanted to. He's deferring like you said. I guess that's good for OKC long term, but they aren't really bad enough that they lose enough to really get a good pick so it seems to me that Paul might as well just ball out especially considering that neither the team nor Paul think that they will find any trade this season.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-17-2019 at 12:04 AM.

not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He was great in that 4th quarter. Four 3pters, 16 points. Anyone who's watched the Thunder knows he could be putting up bigger numbers if he wanted to. He's deferring like you said. I guess that's good for OKC long term, but they aren't really bad enough that they lose enough to really get a good pick so it seems to me that Paul might as well just ball out especially considering that neither the team nor Paul think that they will find any trade this season.
    yea I think it was also a decent way to up his trade value showing he could be a team player and a 3rd option type after hou ended poorly. Let's be honest, that was going be case for a lot of trade destinations. He would be a 3rd guy in mil, utah, philly, dallas etc(all unrealistic but just listing some rumored places).

With reports that okc really doesnt think they can trade him, he may as well take over more to push for wins. He's still old and wont play much more than 30min a night so it wont happen every night but he can put up better numbers than 15.5/6.