Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default which player in the league will Cuban trade luka for in a heart beat?

Giannis ?
    Harden?
    Davis?
    Zion?
    Embiid?
    Towns?
    Jokic?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: which player in the league will Cuban trade luka for in a heart beat?

They all all either too much older, have too much injury history, or arent better by enough to justify it when you already have a young superstar the city is in love with.

He would have been traded for like.....Steph 4-5 years ago. A healthy Durant of a few years ago. Lebron of years ago. Guys like that.

Not normal superstars. Especially not ones hes younger than.

Default Re: which player in the league will Cuban trade luka for in a heart beat?

lol, cuban would suck his d.i.k.

he would never trade him

No one.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

He won't and he shouldn't. As great as Dirk was... Luka can be a lot better. The Mavs may have a potential GOAT candidate on their team now. It's early to tell and there are always injuries, the guy is 20... but the way he plays he can and up better than anyone I've watched in my lifetime. And I started watching in 1980.

I rule the local playground

No way.

To make the question interesting, you'd have to ask if he would trade him for any combination of two of those. Even that wouldn't be an easy yes.

He's 20 years old averaging basically 30/11/9.

I don't think he's fielding any calls.

No one, Luka is lightyears ahead of those guys in talent and production if we look at them at the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    They all all either too much older, have too much injury history, or arent better by enough to justify it when you already have a young superstar the city is in love with.

He would have been traded for like.....Steph 4-5 years ago. A healthy Durant of a few years ago. Lebron of years ago. Guys like that.

Not normal superstars. Especially not ones hes younger than.
    I agree, their may have been younger versions of some players that might get a deal done, but nothing in today's NBA.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    No way.

To make the question interesting, you'd have to ask if he would trade him for any combination of two of those. Even that wouldn't be an easy yes.

Giannis/Jokic/KP core would be too much to pass up I think. Especially with them being 24, 24, and 25. Jokic would have a field day throwing lobs and finding cutters and shooters once they give them the knock down 1 and 2.

Harden and Davis would be hard to pass up with the league being soft as it as. Harden doing 35-40 a game with Davis just playing cleanup and grabbing the lobs Capela gets would still do 22-25. Mix in KP so neither he nor AD have to be full time centers? You should be able to win a title with that. I wouldnt want Harden on my team over Luka....but add AD to him? Or like...Leonard? Load management and all....a Leonard/AD team would be pretty easy to build around.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    He's 20 years old averaging basically 30/11/9.

I don't think he's fielding any calls.
    “Hey Mark we are interested in Lu-“
    *click*

Can you believe two guys got drafted ahead of him, KNOWING this guy was a sure thing? 18 year old Euroleague Champion and MVP...playing professionally since the age of 16 for the senior team of Real Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Giannis/Jokic/KP core would be too much to pass up I think. Especially with them being 24, 24, and 25. Jokic would have a field day throwing lobs and finding cutters and shooters once they give them the knock down 1 and 2.

Harden and Davis would be hard to pass up with the league being soft as it as. Harden doing 35-40 a game with Davis just playing cleanup and grabbing the lobs Capela gets would still do 22-25. Mix in KP so neither he nor AD have to be full time centers? You should be able to win a title with that. I wouldnt want Harden on my team over Luka....but add AD to him? Or like...Leonard? Load management and all....a Leonard/AD team would be pretty easy to build around.
    Giannis/Jokic, those he *might* take, but he'd have to think about it from a Franchise perspective (clearly higher probability for a championship in the next few years vs probably much shorter overall window where the franchise is "attractive" - Luca is 4 years younger *and* his game relies much less on athleticism, so that might be 6 more relevant years.
    And on top of that, Luka is a more interesting player. The Mavs are getting plenty of interest already, without being in contention yet.

Harden / Davis would mean a *much* shorter window, I don't think they'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Can you believe two guys got drafted ahead of him, KNOWING this guy was a sure thing? 18 year old Euroleague Champion and MVP...playing professionally since the age of 16 for the senior team of Real Madrid.
    The really crazy thing is that Vlade of all people passed on him. He should have enough connections to Europe and ex-Jugoslavia to appreciate what Doncic had done with Real Madrid and his national team.

And then that idiot takes Bagley.

I mean, on some level you can justify taking Ayton.

On some level, you can justify Trae + Pick.

But Bagley?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

None of them.

Giannis is the only guy you don't hang up immediately about because he's only just now turning 25.

Rest of those guys? You laugh and hang up.