Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Is it wrong that NBA players care about money more than the Hong Kong people?

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    itss not about the politics in china, it's about the basic rights.
    and beside, chinese governments can links everything to politics at their will, so does that mean u have to seek chinese approvals before making any comments?
    To be honest, I don't give 2 shits if the Chinese says one can talk or not in that country. It doesn't effect my life whatsoever.

Nobody is making them stay there. If they don't like it and see it's not going to change soon, then look for a way out.

Default Re: Is it wrong that NBA players care about money more than the Hong Kong people?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    To be honest, I don't give 2 shits if the Chinese says one can talk or not in that country. It doesn't effect my life whatsoever.

Nobody is making them stay there. If they don't like it and see it's not going to change soon, then look for a way out.
    How easy is it for you to just uproot your entire life/career/everything and seek refuge in another country and possibly face homelessness for an indefinite amount of time?

Extremely naive take there.

I am assuming you were either born in NA or brought here by your family and if my assumption is correct then how can you just say "hurr leave your country then". If my assumption is wrong and you went through that struggle yourself then respect to you.

actually, what happedn was that chinese government get to decide what u can or not say in ur country... so...

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    How easy is it for you to just uproot your entire life/career/everything and seek refuge in another country and possibly face homelessness for an indefinite amount of time?

Extremely naive take there.

I am assuming you were either born in NA or brought here by your family and if my assumption is correct then how can you just say "hurr leave your country then". If my assumption is wrong and you went through that struggle yourself then respect to you.
    Holy shit! It

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Holy shit! It

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    it's not about hk ppl, it's about the basic value that normal ppl believe in, i.e faireness, human right, freedom of speech.

it's ok if u dont voice ur opinion, just dont be a hypocrite about it.
    ^^^

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    If you haven't gone through it don't speak about it like it's a piece of cake
    My family on my dads side legally migrated here and had nobody here to help them. We’re now 1 generation in with a bunch of business owners and college graduates

It is possible and happens every day

But his comments isn't what caused this stir up in the NBA with China to begin with in the first place. That's all on Morey.
    No it's all on China, being an authoritarian regime that denies free speech.

It's not like James was trying backtrack on his own words on something he said about what's going on in China. Plus James' comments isn't going to escalate or de-escalate the rioting that's going on in the first place.

One way or the other, his comments isn't going to effect or jeopardize the most important part of this whole thing....... the United States. If anyone but the U.S wants to use his comments as to wanting to riot and kill.... then that's their problem. Just as long as it's not here in the States.

You guys always say how egocentric he is, that he feels the need to comment on things, but then turn around and expect him to comment on political issues in China.

too funny.......
    People say that because they feel it's not sincere, and now they were proven right. James took all the steps to become "more than an athlete", said that injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere and proceeded to call the US president a bum in public. He made his own bed through his branding choices and now must own up to it by being exposed as a corporate shill.

3-time NBA All-Star

Lebron

A reporter needs to ask LeBron the following: "Do you believe human beings should have rights? Do you believe in freedom of speech? Do you believe a human has a right to his views?"
    Last edited by bladefd; 10-15-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    A reporter needs to ask LeBron the following: "Do you believe human beings should have rights? Do you believe in freedom of speech? Do you believe a human has a right to his views?"

Who grants a human their rights?

God?

I don’t think it’s a problem unless you’re like LeBron who has branded himself as the Ghandi of this generation and the champion of human rights. He makes bank off the brand he’s created for himself yet he can’t even muster up the will to say the people he does business with killing millions and harvesting their organs are doing something bad. He’s 100% hypocritical and needs to drop the social justice act. It’s funny how MJ is a “sellout” for being business first now all the sudden for LeBron it’s considered acceptable

[QUOTE]"Please remember, all NBA players, what you said before: 'Black lives matter.' Hong Kong lives also matter.

to be more specific, it's actually "black american lives matter" to him.
    Then everyone is cool.