Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is it wrong that NBA players care about money more than the Hong Kong people?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Normal people believe in? Those are western values

We don’t see monkeys or even “uncivilized” people exhibiting those values. What makes you think that shit is basic?
    cos that's what i believe in, and i am asian.
    I believe in freedom of speech and human right, and i fight to protect it. no one can silence my voice.

all i am saying, u are free to choose not to voice over these basic values cos u have multi million business in china, but then acts like u care so much when suddenly dying african kid is involved. just dont be hypocrite about it.

Default Re: Is it wrong that NBA players care about money more than the Hong Kong people?

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    cos that's what i believe in, and i am asian.
    I believe in freedom of speech and human right, and i fight to protect it. no one can silence my voice.

all i am saying, u are free to choose not to voice over these basic values cos u have multi million business in china, but then acts like u care so much when suddenly dying african kid is involved. just dont be hypocrite about it.
    The fact that you speak in English means that you have already been in contact with the western world. So it doesn’t matter if you’re Asian.

Lebron is free to do whatever the **** he wants to do, he doesn’t you owe you or any Asians shit

The fact that you speak in English means that you have already been in contact with the western world.
    Sorry bobopenguin, you have been infected

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Lebron is free to do whatever the **** he wants to do, he doesn

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000

True, but by doing so he's come out as a huge hypocrite.
    that's right, that's the tag he cannot remove now.
    Lehypocrite.

if these people speak because of their leftist views (which they do) then yes, it is wrong, because leftism is based on universalism, making issues human rights in China just as important as human rights of your own children

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Sorry bobopenguin, you have been infected

True, but by doing so he's come out as a huge hypocrite.
    Who cares. LeBron only has a responsibility to his family. If he wants to help poor black kids instead of Asians who do not give a **** about black people more power to him

Good college starter

Who cares. LeBron only has a responsibility to his family. If he wants to help poor black kids instead of Asians who do not give a **** about black people more power to him
    Some would say he has a responsibility to his fans to whom he sold this image of himself. If that image is false he deserves whatever fallout is coming to him. If he is a racist who cries race when it benefits him but ignores it when it doesn't he will be judged upon it as will his followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Some would say he has a responsibility to his fans to whom he sold this image of himself. If that image is false he deserves whatever fallout is coming to him. If he is a racist who cries race when it benefits him but ignores it when it doesn't he will be judged upon it as will his followers.
    His real followers are the kids in the hood who being helped by him

Not these racist white sjw who demand people to spread their “freedom”

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

LeBron still the GOAT but he let me down on this one

Good college starter

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]His real followers are the kids in the hood who being helped by him

Not these racist white sjw who demand people to spread their

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Then they can continue supporting their idol while everyone else rolls their eyes and puts their money and goodwill to better use.
    Cool

I bet LeBron is sure feeling the loss of these fake woke people not buying his stuff for a couple months

Nope, not at all.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I mean, we criticize these players for not speaking up about the Chinese extracting Uighur people organs and being an overall dictatorship against freedom. But why should they? It's not their cause. It's not something that's dear in their heart. You wouldn't expect Al Sharpton to comment about the caste system in India for example. Or feminists to talk about the corruption in Uganda. So why should we expect the NBA to speak about something that they don't really care much about?

I don't think these issues are what gall Americans. What is of concern is that an American is effectively being gagged expressing his (mild) political opinion in the United States by a foreign power. Are Americans going to jump each time Chinese say jump? That is the far far bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Devil's advocate for OP, does that give them the right to throw people like Morey under the bus then? You can't just say you're for social justice when there's no stakes involved, then flip flop when there's actual power and consequences involved. They kept saying they're more than athletes and trash their own country, but then go back to being athletes when money is involved. Shit is weak and cowardly.
    How is there no stakes involved?

Are you implying that there is no chance that a guy(s) finds out that James is pro-Democrat and that wouldn't persuade him not to buy James / Nike gear for his kids etc..etc..?? You've got long time Lakers fans who won't even root for him because what he's done on the court, let alone for what he stands for politically.

fake outrage is extremely fake.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Its about not being a hypocritical piece of shit that encourages people across the league to speak their minds on issues that are important to them and when one particular GM does just that, everyone basically tells him to shut the **** up and take a seat. The least anyone could have done is to defend his right to speak out, whether or not they agreed with him.

The NBA is all about being woke until it is an issue that threatens them financially, then all these dudes turn bitch made in a hot second. It is the fakest shit ever.
    And if those people speak their minds, does it affect millions of others who said nothing at all??

That's exactly what happened with Morey. His own words and beliefs has had a huge trickle down affect. It's affected a lot of others who know it's not their job to preach what should be happening in China.

What LeBron has said pretty much only affects his image while what Morey said has an entire foreign country MORE pissed off.