Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: This Steph Curry YouTube vid is some of the most cringe shit ever

Man it would have been cool if my dad took me on drives to get ice cream and sing songs with me when I was 5, instead of living 3 miles away my entire childhood and never once showing his face to me.

Why do you dislike this commercial? It's just corny dad stuff. Nothing worth hating on. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Man it would have been cool if my dad took me on drives to get ice cream and sing songs with me when I was 5, instead of living 3 miles away my entire childhood and never once showing his face to me.

Why do you dislike this commercial? It's just corny dad stuff. Nothing worth hating on. Weird.
    It comes off as completely disingenuous. And on top of that it's not funny.

Their interactions don't come off as people who regularly interact with each other except for the cow joke at the beginning. I have nieces and a "nephew"(might as well be though not blood related) and our interactions are way more fun and natural than these. It's like he doesn't ever spend any time alone with his kids. Well, he is an NBA player and on the road a lot I suppose... but still...

I must reiterate... if it wasn't Steph Curry (read: a celebrity) this would be one of the weirdest things ever seen as promotional material for ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Shogon; 07-18-2019 at 06:14 PM.

I don't think it's supposed to be funny. It's just supposed to be cheesy and "d'awwww" and is obviously marketed toward women.

I rule the local playground DocSlam's Avatar

His girls will hate this when they are in their early teens. Then they will love it when they are in their late 20's

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ
    The way he talks in general is just so forced. He tries so hard to draw out his words like he's stonned.
    Like he's got some kind of 'cool guy's swag but he wears polo tops, plays golf and is a ginger.
    Something very off about him.
    You just described most ~14-24 year old guys today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    You just described most ~14-24 year old guys today.
    Exactly, can someone actually post a clip of this 2 x MVP guy making a dunk?

they look exactly like him