Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Is load management a function of modern-day softness/comforts, or something else?

Oh, i forgot to add for the dumb

Player value increase = > concern for player fitness

It wasn't so bad when Pop was doing it for 7-8 games a year for his 30+ year old stars, but it seems like it could get to a point where superstars negotiate a 60 or 65-game clause into their contract (and that's not even including regular injuries that may occur). Meanwhile, a nearly-as-valuable-can't-win-without-em-does-all-the-hard-dirty-work player like PJ Tucker gets run into the ground for 40 minutes a game 82 times a year for 1/5 of the salary and never makes a complaint.
    Last edited by brooks_thompson; 07-18-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Default Re: Is load management a function of modern-day softness/comforts, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    Oh, i forgot to add for the dumb

Player value increase = > concern for player fitness

It wasn't so bad when Pop was doing it for 7-8 games a year for his 30+ year old stars, but it seems like it could get to a point where superstars negotiate a 60 or 65-game clause into their contract (and that. Meanwhile, a nearly-as-valuable-can't-win-without-em-does-all-the-hard-dirty-work player like PJ Tucker gets run into the ground for 40 minutes a game 82 times a year.
    if they are going to be doing that us fans should be getting tickets for 20% off

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    if they are going to be doing that us fans should be getting tickets for 20% off
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    Ha!
    its the main reason I don't see games live. I'm not paying full price to watch my favorite team's "B" team

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    its the main reason I don't see games live. I'm not paying full price to watch my favorite team's "B" team
    I don't go because going downtown and getting parking is a hassle and paying $10 a beer is demeaning. But I feel ya nonetheless. I really feel bad for the out-of-country visitors who come to see a real NBA game and get a shit fest.