Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is the adage "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" true?

I wonder. I'm not sure. I think it would have been easier to never have loved so hard and lost it. I should have gone to counseling much sooner than my late 20s. Lots of wasted time.

But hey... life has a way of hitting you over the head with the same problems over and over and over and over until you wake the f*ck up.

BTW, it's probably true... just feeling a certain way after being single for a few years now after a lengthy relationship. Time to move on from Florida. I'll put myself back out there after this shit hole is bye bye.

I know that people move here for the weather, but this place is a literal swamp. **** that noise.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Is the adage "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" true?

Yes, because if you never have a semblance of however you define love, that ache of never having it will be far greater than losing it.

Losing it will make you hate 'love' and the need for it will be lessened.

Default Re: Is the adage "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" true?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Yes, because if you never have a semblance of however you define love, that ache of never having it will be far greater than losing it.

Losing it will make you hate 'love' and the need for it will be lessened.
    Well, the second part is true, but... I'm not sure it's a good thing.

I sometimes miss that fantasy of happily ever after. I miss being able to actually be vulnerable enough to get my shit ****ed up. I'm not sure I'm capable of going there ever again even if I want to.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

i think its a BS cliche unless you consistently find more...

its like the anlogy its better to be born blind, then have sight and lose it.

because then you have awareness of exactly how much harder you have it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

It doesn

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Love no. Losing love will stick with you forever. Better to skip it in most situations.

Sex yes...if you put in work. You at least wont feel like a clown.

It's all about perspective. For me it rings true. You grow and evolve through relationships becuase of love, it's a crazy motivator for those that aren't quite self propelled you know. The experiences you have and the things that are product of that love make it worthwhile.

Then again can't miss what you've never had?

Love takes courage, just like war. Pain is strength. Suffering is wisdom. Don't be a coward - open your heart.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I've conditioned my son to not fall in love with a women. Love is not mutually exclusive anymore. Feminism has got all women thinking that independence is a virtue. The atomic family is now only a myth

Marriage is a business partnership. Nothing more nothing less. Manage finances, raise kids, fulfill sexual urges. That's it. Love makes men try too hard and women selfish.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I've conditioned my son to not fall in love with a women. Love is not mutually exclusive anymore. Feminism has got all women thinking that independence is a virtue. The atomic family is now only a myth

Marriage is a business partnership. Nothing more nothing less. Manage finances, raise kids, fulfill sexual urges. That's it. Love makes men try too hard and women selfish.
    Don

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

[QUOTE=warriorfan]Don

I usually hit open layups Ron Jeremy's Avatar

What's the divorce rate in America?Like 50 percent?
    Ask all the men divorced raped in court what their answer is.

Depends. No adage is 100% true. And this adage is meant to give comfort to those who have lost someone. So they take on the positive and become a better person. Whether they become better or not completely depends on them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

100% disagree with most of the posts above.

Have 4 step kids, and at my age I only wish that all of them experience Love at least once in life.

It is the most powerful emotion on earth , and not to experience that joy is denying a human being a full emotion in a life.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Love takes courage, just like war. Pain is strength. Suffering is wisdom. Don't be a coward - open your heart.
    well said.