Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jordan on why he wouldn't rep his country in the '96 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    I haven't mentioned LeBron in weeks only in response to you insecure MJ ****s keep bringing him up in every thread... Like this one
    The reasons for why you brought him up are irrelevant. The reality is you're a one note poster. You talk about Lebron, or you talk about Lebron in relation to MJ. You offer nothing else,about any basketball related topic, that doesn't directly or indirectly involve one of those two. You say that insecure stans keep bringing him up, but the OP isn't an insecure MJ stan. You saw the name Jordan, and right on queue you jumped in the thread like someone dangling a shiny thing in front of a cat, to talk your usual bullshit. My first post in here had nothing to do with MJ directly, I asked what drives people to just randomly think up these kinds of threads.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 07-17-2019 at 10:43 AM.

He ducked the Rockets during his first retirement.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    The reasons for why you brought him up are irrelevant. The reality is you're a one note poster. You talk about Lebron, or you talk about Lebron in relation to MJ. You offer nothing else,about any basketball related topic, that doesn't directly or indirectly involve one of those two. You say that insecure stans keep bringing him up, but the OP isn't an insecure MJ stan. You saw the name Jordan, and right on queue you jumped in the thread like someone dangling a shiny thing in front of a cat, to talk your usual bullshit. My first post in here had nothing to do with MJ directly, I asked what drives people to just randomly think up these kinds of threads.
    It's hard not to talk about MJ or LeBron when 90% of threads made here are to do with those 2 players

It's hard not to talk about MJ or LeBron when 90% of threads made here are to do with those 2 players
    And even that being said, this prevents from you representing your views in a more intelligent manner? I mean we all engage in a little light trolling from time to time, but I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that wasn't something I expect from a 10 year old.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    And even that being said, this prevents from you representing your views in a more intelligent manner? I mean we all engage in a little light trolling from time to time, but I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that wasn't something I expect from a 10 year old.
    Why do you never say anything towards the constant anti-lebron trolling but the second someone criticises MJ you lose your shit?

Why do you never say anything towards the constant anti-lebron trolling but the second someone criticises MJ you lose your shit?
    I've spoken about the trolling on this board in general on many occasions, and not just about any one specific player. It's all stupid to me, but you position yourself in the 'I want attention!' dumbest way possible. I actually RARELY criticize Lebron and if I do it's rooted in an actual debate, not trolling bullshit. And if it's a troll, it's only to counter other trolling. So we're all here stuck in an endlessly stupid cycle of troll/counter-troll, when we could all be having a much better discussion. But then the board would lose its reason to exist because it's clearly run on the premise of traffic garnered through dumb hot-takes, and not genuine discussion.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 07-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Better to make the finals 11 times and win 4-5 than making only 6 finals

You have to resort to lies to feel good about yourself?

6/6 > 3*/9

Get that through your head.

Jordan had already competed in 84 and 92.

There was no need to play in a third Olympics. Matter of fact, I don't think any superstar has.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

There was no need to play in a third Olympics. Matter of fact, I don't think any superstar has.
    David Robinson, Lebron, and Melo. No surprise though, in each case they wasted their first Olympics embarrassingly losing and winning Bronze. Melo actually played in 4, probably cause he was playing completely irrelevant NBA basketball for the last few years of his career.

Other then those 3, no one opted to play a 3rd. There

[QUOTE=guy]David Robinson, Lebron, and Melo. No surprise though, in each case they wasted their first Olympics embarrassingly losing and winning Bronze. Melo actually played in 4, probably cause he was playing completely irrelevant NBA basketball for the last few years of his career.

Other then those 3, no one opted to play a 3rd. There

I never criticized him for not choosing to play. My point was that he always brings up mental and physical fatigue. That was his main emphasis on why he chose not to in 1996 but I find it hard to believe in 1992 that it was so physically mentally draining for him and so grueling in route to beating teams by 50 fvcking points a game.

8 games played and the Final scores were

116-48
    103-70
    111-68
    127-83
    122-81
    115-77
    127-76
    117-85 -Gold Medal game.

Now tell me how that would be mentally and physically draining with a team full of stars? If it took that big of toll on MJ, then sorry, that's soft as fvck and that goes for anyone on that team making the same claim.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    David Robinson, Lebron, and Melo. No surprise though, in each case they wasted their first Olympics embarrassingly losing and winning Bronze. Melo actually played in 4, probably cause he was playing completely irrelevant NBA basketball for the last few years of his career.

Other then those 3, no one opted to play a 3rd. There’s been multiple players over the years that opted against playing in FIBA.
    Might as well be 2, right? lol

I wont criticize someone NOT playing in multiple olympics. I'll give them credit for playing in 4 though, and winning 3 gold medals. Props to Melo.

I wont criticize someone NOT playing in multiple olympics. I'll give them credit for playing in 4 though, and winning 3 gold medals. Props to Melo.
    80% of the reason he gets into the hall will be for his Olympics participation. The other 20% will be split between all-star appearances, scoring titles and career scoring numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    I never criticized him for not choosing to play. My point was that he always brings up mental and physical fatigue. That was his main emphasis on why he chose not to in 1996 but I find it hard to believe in 1992 that it was so physically mentally draining for him and so grueling in route to beating teams by 50 fvcking points a game.

8 games played and the Final scores were

116-48
    103-70
    111-68
    127-83
    122-81
    115-77
    127-76
    117-85 -Gold Medal game.

Now tell me how that would be mentally and physically draining with a team full of stars? If it took that big of toll on MJ, then sorry, that's soft as fvck and that goes for anyone on that team making the same claim.
    At the time, Jordan was the guy playing until June. Probably the GOAT basketball player from 1989-1993 and 1996. Leading his team to a 3-peat, and then winning the most regular-season games with another deep playoff run and championship.

I don't know how he felt.

I wont sit here and call him "soft as fuck" like you though. That's goofy talk.

After the 1992 Olympics, both Jordan and Pippen talked about fatigue. Objectively? All a fan can really go off of.

3-time NBA All-Star

In Melo’s case he literally hadn’t played an important NBA game in 3 years at that point. In the last 6 seasons of his career he made the playoffs once as a role player. It’s pretty understandable him wanting to keep playing in 2016.

It’s also understandable why guys that continuously make deep playoff runs like Jordan, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, etc wouldn’t want to. It also goes to show that players don’t really value the accomplishment that much if they don’t continuously do it every chance they get.
    Last edited by guy; 07-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.