Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jordan on why he wouldn't rep his country in the '96 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I've noticed that Wheels and others spend a lot of time digging through old articles for dirt on Michael Jordan.
    Seems like the only one scenario where there's a problem with history lessons in an nba forum......
    Last edited by sdot_thadon; 07-16-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If you read the article, he basically regrets playing in the 92 Olympics (in his prime) due to "grueling season" and the toll it took on his body.

Imagine how hard it was on the body and mind blowing out teams by 50.
    imagine 'winning' a bronze medal in the olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I wouldn't play in the olympics for usa if I was in the nba

used to be a dream of mine but risking a season ending injury for some metal object?

yah no

You gotta be beta AF to settle for bronze as member of team USA. PATHETIC.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    You gotta be beta AF to settle for bronze as member of team USA. PATHETIC.
    BUMP

kblaze sticky request

Is that when LeBronze became his nickname?

I'm always curious as to what drives the thought process behind creating threads like this. And I don't mean about MJ specifically.

It's like.... I've probably made about 5 topics in totality, and all of them were probably centered around player highlights, or picking out a specific game from the past so the younger posters could watch some of the older stars in action. But a topic like this? Someone has to literally be sitting there thinking 'hmmm since I like posting about how MJ wasn't mentally tough, lemme go get an article about an event he missed out on 23 years ago.'

I mean it garnered responses, so mission accomplished in terms of attracting the desired attention. It's just a bit high on my weirdness meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I'm always curious as to what drives the thought process behind creating threads like this. And I don't mean about MJ specifically.

It's like.... I've probably made about 5 topics in totality, and all of them were probably centered around player highlights, or picking out a specific game from the past so the younger posters could watch some of the older stars in action. But a topic like this? Someone has to literally be sitting there thinking 'hmmm since I like posting about how MJ wasn't mentally tough, lemme go get an article about an event he missed out on 23 years ago.'

I mean it garnered responses, so mission accomplished in terms of attracting the desired attention. It's just a bit high on my weirdness meter.
    I haven't made many topics here either but i see stuff like this as teachable moments. Most of this board is trolling/comparing players. We've got tons of fans that scream from the top of buildings "my guy is blank!" "he'd never do blank!" When they have no clue what they are talking about because their guy has done it, they probably just weren't privy to it. So it's really little known info that kinda debunks things people do to tear down players. It would be nice if we could have these discussions while appreciating all parties, but that isn't possible here as it usually devolves to mud slinging by the 2nd reply. So chalk this up to typical ish mud slinging.

I will say this however: if it's true and something not widely known, is there really a problem learning something new about something you thought you knew everything about?

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Simple.

OP is a loser who would vape Lebron's toilet water before contributing anything of value to this board, let alone society.

Inb4 he tries to take stance that this thread has nothing to do with LBJ. No bitch, everything you do on here is related.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I haven't made many topics here either but i see stuff like this as teachable moments. Most of this board is trolling/comparing players. We've got tons of fans that scream from the top of buildings "my guy is blank!" "he'd never do blank!" When they have no clue what they are talking about because their guy has done it, they probably just weren't privy to it. So it's really little known info that kinda debunks things people do to tear down players. It would be nice if we could have these discussions while appreciating all parties, but that isn't possible here as it usually devolves to mud slinging by the 2nd reply. So chalk this up to typical ish mud slinging.

I will say this however: if it's true and something not widely known, is there really a problem learning something new about something you thought you knew everything about?
    That's fine if this post was created with good intent to teach something new, and not to troll. The OP's post history is filled with 'MJ quit' themed posts so this falls in line with his general schtick. You've already dismissed it as mudslinging so I think we agree about the underlying intent. I mean it's whatever, whatever tickles one's groin at night. FWIW you and I have had a few light debates but it's never been done without respect for the other side, so it is possible, just rare for this site.

This really is one of the worst boards for actually discussing basketball because few people can actually make a point without tearing down the other player. I genuinely wonder how many people here made it through the English module that teaches how to construct an argument.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

He was physically and mentally exhausted after his 3rd ring

Yet you got folks on here acting like he would have won 8 straight if he didn't retire

The delusion from these MJ stans is on a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    Simple.

OP is a loser who would vape Lebron's toilet water before contributing anything of value to this board, let alone society.

Inb4 he tries to take stance that this thread has nothing to do with LBJ. No bitch, everything you do on here is related.
    Imagine being this insecure

Nothing from the OP even mentions LeBron and your losing your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    He was physically and mentally exhausted after his 3rd ring

Yet you got folks on here acting like he would have won 8 straight if he didn't retire

The delusion from these MJ stans is on a whole other level
    You can't avoid being stupid, can you? What would happen if you just....stepped back from the keyboard for a day?

You can't avoid being stupid, can you? What would happen if you just....stepped back from the keyboard for a day?
    He literally said that he was burnt out from basketball after his first 3-peat

"But 8 straight championships doe" **** outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    He literally said that he was burnt out from basketball after his first 3-peat

"But 8 straight championships doe" **** outta here
    Just for a day, think you can handle it? The topic is whatever, but you're in danger of popping a blood vessel. Step away, get out on the boat and smell the
    Pacific salt air.