National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Default 2011 Mavs or 2019 Raptors?

Which team had a better squad?

Default Re: 2011 Mavs or 2019 Raptors?

Dirk won in 2011 with NO allstars vs the most cowardly colluded superteam of all time.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Dirk won in 2011 with NO allstars vs the most cowardly colluded superteam of all time.
    Can you answer my question please?

Great college starter

Raptors squad was better

2011s ring was more satisfying though imo

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream
    Can you answer my question please?
    LoL Lebron is on this guy

[QUOTE=Andrei89]LoL Lebron is on this guy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

The team that swept the defending champs

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Who the fk are you
    Tilted

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

If we're talking about who had the more impressive championship run it's the 2011 Mavericks and it ain't close. That's not to denigrate the Raptors, I don't know if any team had a tougher road this decade.

Squad against squad it's really damn close. The Mavericks had terrific length (Chandler and Haywood were both starting caliber defensive aces at C) and a defender in Marion that could bother Kawhi. Raps have guys to throw at Dirk but he shat on Ibaka in 2011. I don't think Siakam could check Dirk.

That Mavericks team is really underrated. They were on pace for 63 wins before the Dirk and Butler injuries derailed them mid season. Dirk returned and they went on a tear. The Mavericks ran through a really tough Western Conference. Their stiffest challenge came at the end against a Heat squad that had a prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (last year of Wade's peak).

The Raptors were underrated coming into the playoffs. Really nice, deep team with a true two-way superstar in Kawhi. They mopped up Orlando after a hiccup in game 1 but really struggled with the length of the 76ers. Very good chance they drop that game in OT without Kawhi's buzzer beater. They handled the Bucks (should have won game 1 in that series as well) and beat up on a short-handed (but still very good) Warriors squad.

The struggles that the Raptors had with the 76ers is key for me. I think the length of that 2011 Mavericks team, their experience, and their shooting ends up being too much for the 2019 Raps. 2011 Mavs in 6.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

[QUOTE=Andrei89]LoL Lebron is on this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    If we're talking about who had the more impressive championship run it's the 2011 Mavericks and it ain't close. That's not to denigrate the Raptors, I don't know if any team had a tougher road this decade.

Squad against squad it's really damn close. The Mavericks had terrific length (Chandler and Haywood were both starting caliber defensive aces at C) and a defender in Marion that could bother Kawhi. Raps have guys to throw at Dirk but he shat on Ibaka in 2011. I don't think Siakam could check Dirk.

That Mavericks team is really underrated. They were on pace for 63 wins before the Dirk and Butler injuries derailed them mid season. Dirk returned and they went on a tear. The Mavericks ran through a really tough Western Conference. Their stiffest challenge came at the end against a Heat squad that had a prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (last year of Wade's peak).

The Raptors were underrated coming into the playoffs. Really nice, deep team with a true two-way superstar in Kawhi. They mopped up Orlando after a hiccup in game 1 but really struggled with the length of the 76ers. Very good chance they drop that game in OT without Kawhi's buzzer beater. They handled the Bucks (should have won game 1 in that series as well) and beat up on a short-handed (but still very good) Warriors squad.

The struggles that the Raptors had with the 76ers is key for me. I think the length of that 2011 Mavericks team, their experience, and their shooting ends up being too much for the 2019 Raps. 2011 Mavs in 6.

this true right here plus Leonard miss quarter of the season due to rest lol

Most experts had the Mavs losing in the first and second round. They only expected the Mavs to win the conference finals after swiping the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All

Excellent post

Repped ++