Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Used Campaign Cash in Affairs with Five Women

Judge: California GOP Rep. Hunter’s trial can detail affair accusations

SAN DIEGO — Jurors can hear evidence of U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter’s alleged extramarital affairs when they consider charges the California Republican looted campaign cash to finance vacations, golf outings and other personal expenses, a judge said Monday.

Prosecutors revealed salacious details about the married congressman’s lifestyle in court filings last week, saying he used campaign money to illegally finance a string of romantic relationships with lobbyists and congressional aides.

U.S. District Judge Thomas Whelan said the allegations were relevant to whether campaign money was spent illegally and spoke to motive and intent.
    I'm not mad at him for trying to get talk of the affairs barred. That information can certainly prejudice the jury... especially when his wife testifies.

Default Re: Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Used Campaign Cash in Affairs with Five Women

Joe Biden’s son just admitted to taking a bribe from China while his father was the VP. Isn’t it weird that nobody is talking about that?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Boss.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's not a good look to invoke that fact in defense of someone who stabbed an enemy combatant unnecessarily and then took pictures with the teen's dead body. Nor is it a good look to say that you too have taken pictures with dead combatants while throwing other service members under that same bus.
    Eddie Gallagher found not guilty. Looks like you forgot to add in "allegedly" in your post there. Innocent mistake I'm sure.

(Except for the photo which is bad taste - I agree.)

At least he didn't get taped getting jerked off at some spa, I guess.

-Smak

We all know if Hunter was a Dem, Max would never have made this thread.

Business as usual for Republicans, nothing new to see

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Yeah, he's hella biased for the Democrat party.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Like the posts I made about Bob Menendez when he was on trial? Do you know who Bob Menendez is without looking him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    Yeah, he's hella biased for the Democrat party.
    Cleverness, you purportedly hate government waste, fraud and abuse, but you have absolutely nothing to say about this particular case? Why are you more keen to talk about another poster than talk about something that's going on in government. I didn't hear you talking about bias when I was talking about Bob Menendez...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Eddie Gallagher found not guilty. Looks like you forgot to add in "allegedly" in your post there. Innocent mistake I'm sure.

(Except for the photo which is bad taste - I agree.)
    I know you're probably not going to respond to this, but there are text messages, buddy. That's why I specifically said "stabbed" and not killed or murdered.

[QUOTE]The prosecution presented several text messages Gallagher sent his platoon, including one that allegedly read "I've got a cool story when I get back, I got him with my hunting knife."

"I thought everyone would be cool, next time I will do it so no one sees," Gallagher wrote to his platoon, once they allegedly turned on him. "Ready to kill the mother ------ who tells on me and I've got s--- on all of you to bring you down.

This is what Americans want leading them.

Not Republicans...not Democrats. Americans.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Cleverness, you purportedly hate government waste, fraud and abuse, but you have absolutely nothing to say about this particular case? Why are you more keen to talk about another poster than talk about something that's going on in government. I didn't hear you talking about bias when I was talking about Bob Menendez...
    You must have missed my post on page 1

I asked if anyone is surprised.

I also mentioned that Duncan Hunter's been doing this stuff for over a decade and just now it's being reported???

I believe that if we dig deep enough we'll find tons of other politicians abusing their power for themselves and friends/family members.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I know you're probably not going to respond to this, but there are text messages, buddy. That's why I specifically said "stabbed" and not killed or murdered.

The reason he was acquitted of murder was because the Navy medic testified that he was the one who suffocated the prisoner and killed him.

Ok I was wrong. The connection between "stabbed unnecessarily" and "teen's dead body" was one indicating you believed it led to murder.

Let's not pretend what is your angle on this one though. Duncan actually looks ok on this one then since he's found not guilty.
    Last edited by Hawker; 07-04-2019 at 05:30 AM.