Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lakers 2020 Championship Cruise Edition, All the Day 1'ers get in!

This thread is full of LeBron Stans who pretend to be Lakers fans. Bookmark for future lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    -snip-
    Bingo.

This current Lakers team isn't really auguring much better than the failed 2013 "superteam."

It's helmed by a 34-year-old superstar who's a revolving door on defense at this stage of their career, has shown questionable expressive leadership, and could suffer a transformative injury seemingly out of left field given his age and attrition.

Then you have an unproven coaching staff. While Frank Vogel did a respectable job with the Pacers, he hasn't proven he's too adaptive with his fruitless Orlando Magic stint; and being a Bucks fan who saw our talent ossify under Jason Kidd for several years, take my word that displacing Vogel in favor of his assistant lead would open up a new can of worms altogether.

One of the possible saving graces is supposed to be yet another injury-plagued bigman, who was at the crux of locker-room drama just last season and is entering a team who went through a similar saga during that same period.

Even as great as the superstar nucleus is on-paper, they're uncomplemented by the rest of the team: where's the bench depth, especially for 3&D players?

In a nutshell, this team looks liable to the same setbacks—injuries, porous defense, incompatible coaching, an acrimonious locker-room, and an inextensive bench—that doomed the 2013 team.

It doesn't mean similar underachievement is inevitable—I honestly think they'll have a decent season overall, with no less than a return to the playoffs—but it should remind you of the pitfalls of jumping that gun. I'd wait for the rest of the off-season moves to unfold and for this team to actually play on the court before paving out the championship parade.

You won't like seeing these threads bumped if there's a similar disastrous season, which is perfectly possible due to all those reasons.

What happened to the 2019 championship cruise?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell back2back titles coming for the king!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSFz3NRSSc4

2020 LEBRON COMEBACK - GET ****ING HYPE GENTLEMEN (Woo!)

This is the ultimate bookmarkable thread lol. Don

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    This is the ultimate bookmarkable thread lol.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pump your brakes Lakers fans. Let's see how this pans out first. Remember the last time you had knee jerk reactions about Championship Cruises?

These guys aren't Lakers fans.....

[QUOTE=Naero]Bingo.

This current Lakers team isn't really auguring much better than the failed 2013 "superteam."

It's helmed by a 34-year-old superstar who's a revolving door on defense at this stage of their career, has shown questionable expressive leadership, and could suffer a transformative injury seemingly out of left field given his age and attrition.

Then you have an unproven coaching staff. While Frank Vogel did a respectable job with the Pacers, he hasn't proven he's too adaptive with his fruitless Orlando Magic stint; and being a Bucks fan who saw our talent ossify under Jason Kidd for several years, take my word that displacing Vogel in favor of his assistant lead would open up a new can of worms altogether.

One of the possible saving graces is supposed to be yet another injury-plagued bigman, who was at the crux of locker-room drama just last season and is entering a team who went through a similar saga during that same period.

Even as great as the superstar nucleus is on-paper, they're uncomplemented by the rest of the team: where's the bench depth, especially for 3&D players?

In a nutshell, this team looks liable to the same setbacks

Wrong. How many vacations will OP go on this year?

we outchea' like

All aboard the 2020 Championship cruise

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    The first big fish is off the table, and he goes LA!

LeBron/AD is just the start, 1 more big gun is coming.

You were a Cleveland fan last year.

You are not a day 1er, you are a cringey embarrassment...gross

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    You were a Cleveland fan last year.

You are not a day 1er, you are a cringey embarrassment...gross
    Aren't you still streaming last season?